Payment & Purchase order

Woyce Batkins
Hello,
I am testing the process of purchasing from a supplier and I got stuck at
the payment application step and don't know how to proceed. Here are the
steps I went through:
- Created a Purchase Order PO1
- Payment P1 was generated with value 1010 USD
- Voided the Payment P1 by mistake
- Created another Payment P2 with value 1010 USD
- Now I am stuck. I do not know how to link the new payment P2 to the
purchase order PO1 so that it is fully paid
Any Idea?

Re: Payment & Purchase order

Nicolas Malin-2
Hello Woyce,

My vision, on order is not link to a payment, it's only an order payment
preference.

So by default, following your configuration, OFBiz generate for an order
a void payment when the invoice is generate mark as not paid.

You can remove or edit it. But in all case if you create a new payment
(from accounting component) you can only link to the invoice generate
from your purchase order.

Nicolas

On 05/05/2021 00:24, Woyce Batkins wrote:

> Hello,
> I am testing the process of purchasing from a supplier and I got stuck at
> the payment application step and don't know how to proceed. Here are the
> steps I went through:
> - Created a Purchase Order PO1
> - Payment P1 was generated with value 1010 USD
> - Voided the Payment P1 by mistake
> - Created another Payment P2 with value 1010 USD
> - Now I am stuck. I do not know how to link the new payment P2 to the
> purchase order PO1 so that it is fully paid
> Any Idea?

Re: Payment & Purchase order

Woyce Batkins
Thanks Nicolas

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 9:17 AM Nicolas Malin <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Woyce,
>
> My vision, on order is not link to a payment, it's only an order payment
> preference.
>
> So by default, following your configuration, OFBiz generate for an order
> a void payment when the invoice is generate mark as not paid.
>
> You can remove or edit it. But in all case if you create a new payment
> (from accounting component) you can only link to the invoice generate
> from your purchase order.
>
> Nicolas
>
> On 05/05/2021 00:24, Woyce Batkins wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am testing the process of purchasing from a supplier and I got stuck at
> > the payment application step and don't know how to proceed. Here are the
> > steps I went through:
> > - Created a Purchase Order PO1
> > - Payment P1 was generated with value 1010 USD
> > - Voided the Payment P1 by mistake
> > - Created another Payment P2 with value 1010 USD
> > - Now I am stuck. I do not know how to link the new payment P2 to the
> > purchase order PO1 so that it is fully paid
> > Any Idea?

Re: Payment & Purchase order

radesatzn
In my opinion, an order should solely reflect a customer's preferred method of payment.

So, by default, in accordance with your settings, OFBiz generates a void payment for an order when the invoice is generated and marked as unpaid.

You can alter it or remove it. But, you may only link a new payment you produce (from the accounting component) to the invoice that was created from your purchase order.  drift boss

Re: Payment & Purchase order

atientpituitary
Changing or erasing it is possible. In any event, a fresh payment must be initiated. You can only connect to the invoice creation process (from the accounting dordle section).