Phone-Channel Payment processing

Narasimha Murthy-2
Hi all,
     I am one of the user of the ofbiz to develop e-commerce site... i am
trying to accept the order from the phone channel... i am stuck up in
payment part... the problem is how the payment is processed when the order
is placed via phone ... no doubt some representative will accept the product
details and places the order for the customer on behalf... in the order
entry tab... but when it comes to payment via card how it is done.. i.e
there should be some rules in processing of  card payment... no doubt that
the customer will not give his pin number just like that or the secured
details to the stranger... then how the payment processing is done can u
please help me out in this that how the procedure will be... thanks in
advance please reply me....

Narasimha Murthy B S
Palindrome Software Labs pvt ltd

Re: Phone-Channel Payment processing

Adrian Crum
Why wouldn't the customer want to give out the CVC number? Asking for it
during phone-in order processing is common.

-Adrian

Narasimha Murthy wrote:

> Hi all,
>      I am one of the user of the ofbiz to develop e-commerce site... i am
> trying to accept the order from the phone channel... i am stuck up in
> payment part... the problem is how the payment is processed when the order
> is placed via phone ... no doubt some representative will accept the product
> details and places the order for the customer on behalf... in the order
> entry tab... but when it comes to payment via card how it is done.. i.e
> there should be some rules in processing of  card payment... no doubt that
> the customer will not give his pin number just like that or the secured
> details to the stranger... then how the payment processing is done can u
> please help me out in this that how the procedure will be... thanks in
> advance please reply me....

Re: Phone-Channel Payment processing

Yes I plenty agree with Adrian, and it's not common ti use dev ML for such questions.
Please Narasimha; use rather user ML for such questions, see why here :

From: "Adrian Crum" <[hidden email]>