Price Rules

masionas
Hi guys,

Is there any way I can use in "Condition" the price type? For example, if price type is CUSTOM_PRICE then add to default price x%. That way I could construct some custom prices on the fly based on default price or list price etc.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Price Rules

masionas
Any ideas?

MrJohnBrown wrote
Hi guys,

Is there any way I can use in "Condition" the price type? For example, if price type is CUSTOM_PRICE then add to default price x%. That way I could construct some custom prices on the fly based on default price or list price etc.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Price Rules

Tim Ruppert
Please study the existing rules structure.  It is VERY flexible for handling these types of actions on prices.   I just can't remember off the top of my head CUSTOM_PRICE and how it relates specifically to DEFAULT_PRICE.  My guess is this specific case may not be supported, but if you look at the use case, you may find something that does.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Sep 19, 2007, at 7:03 AM, MrJohnBrown wrote:

Any ideas?

MrJohnBrown wrote:

Hi guys,

Is there any way I can use in "Condition" the price type? For example, if
price type is CUSTOM_PRICE then add to default price x%. That way I could
construct some custom prices on the fly based on default price or list
price etc.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Price Rules

masionas
Hi Tim,

Thanks for looking into this.
The problem is that "price type" is not whithin conditions at all. There are Party, Party Type, Role Type, Product Category and a bunch of others, but no "price type". So it looks like one can't build a rule based on specific price type.

I want it to be "if (price type IS MY_CUSTOM_PRICE_TYPE) { then add some value to whatever sits in ProductPrice table with the type MY_CUSTOM_PRICE_TYPE}"

Tim Ruppert wrote

http://www.hotwaxmedia.com