Problem deploying test app

Edward Banfa-2
Hi all,

I am new to ofbiz and I am trying to deploy a test application. I am using
the hello world tutorials from www.opensourcestrategies.com
<http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/>  . The problem is my app

Is not being deployed (well I cant see it being loaded in the console.log
and I put the app into the hotdeploy folder). I am running opentaps-1.0 on
winXP, JRE 5.0

I know I am doing something wrong, I just cant seem to find out what it is.

Any contribution will be greatly appreciated thnx.

My app structure (emedic) is like so:

emedic

|   build.xml

|   ofbiz-component.xml

+---webapp

    +---emedic

        |   index.jsp

        |   main.ftl

        +---error

        |       error.jsp

        +---WEB-INF

                controller.xml

                web.xml

And this is a snippet of my ofbiz-component.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ofbiz-component name="emedic"

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.ofbiz.org/dtds/ofbiz-component.xsd
">

    <resource-loader name="main" type="component"/>

    <webapp name="emedic"

                title="A Hello world app"

                server="default-server"

                location="webapp/emedic"

                mount-point="/emedic"

                app-bar-display="true"/>

</ofbiz-component>

Re: Problem deploying test app

BJ Freeman
you need to put this in the hot deploy
if that does not work
be sure to add the controller.xml as an attachment
when you post this in the opentaps forums.
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4675120
there is already and discussion on this topic.

Edward Banfa sent the following on 12/14/2007 3:28 AM:

> Hi all,
>

> I am new to ofbiz and I am trying to deploy a test application. I am using
> the hello world tutorials from www.opensourcestrategies.com
> <http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/>  . The problem is my app
>
> Is not being deployed (well I cant see it being loaded in the console.log
> and I put the app into the hotdeploy folder). I am running opentaps-1.0 on
> winXP, JRE 5.0
>

> I know I am doing something wrong, I just cant seem to find out what it is.
>
> Any contribution will be greatly appreciated thnx.
>

> My app structure (emedic) is like so:
>

> emedic
>
> |   build.xml
>
> |   ofbiz-component.xml
>

> +---webapp
>
>     +---emedic
>
>         |   index.jsp
>
>         |   main.ftl

>         +---error
>
>         |       error.jsp

>         +---WEB-INF
>
>                 controller.xml
>
>                 web.xml
>

> And this is a snippet of my ofbiz-component.xml
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>

> <ofbiz-component name="emedic"
>
>         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>

> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.ofbiz.org/dtds/ofbiz-component.xsd
> ">
>
>     <resource-loader name="main" type="component"/>
>
>     <webapp name="emedic"
>
>                 title="A Hello world app"
>
>                 server="default-server"
>
>                 location="webapp/emedic"
>
>                 mount-point="/emedic"
>
>                 app-bar-display="true"/>
>
> </ofbiz-component>

RE: Problem deploying test app

Edward Banfa-2
Sorry but I found the solution in a README file located in the hot deploy
Folder of opentaps-1.0.

Thanks for the help.

--------------------------FROM README FILE
This is a hot-deploy component directory.
All components in this tree will be loaded
after ../framework and ../applications.

*** IMPORTANT ***

To load your component you must edit the file hot-deploy/component-load.xml
and reference it there.  This is REQUIRED with opentaps.