Problem with loading data

Vikas Mayur-2
While doing fresh db installation i get following warnings.
Can we ignore these warning ??
Though i have not put in the complete log which is quite large.

 The field name (or key) [locale] is not valid for entity [WorkEffort],
printing IllegalArgumentException instead of throwing it because Map
interface specification does not allow throwing that exception.
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:13,097 (main) [      GenericEntity.java:1285:WARN
] The field name (or key) [timeZone] is not valid for entity [WorkEffort],
printing IllegalArgumentException instead of throwing it because Map
interface specification does not allow throwing that exception.
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:13,121 (main) [     AbstractEngine.java:75
:INFO ] Loaded Service Locations :
[main-rmi=rmi://localhost:1099/RMIDispatcher, main-http=
http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/httpService,
entity-sync-rmi=rmi://localhost:1099/RMIDispatcher, entity-sync-http=
http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/httpService,
rita-rmi=rmi://localhost:1099/RMIDispatcher, eedcc-test=
http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/httpService]
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:13,961 (main) [      EntityEcaRule.java:111:INFO
] Running Entity ECA Service: indexWorkEffortKeywords, triggered by rule on
Entity: WorkEffort

and more ...

     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:19,945 (main) [      EntityEcaRule.java:111:INFO
] Running Entity ECA Service: indexProductKeywords, triggered by rule on
Entity: Product
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:19,945 (main) [      GenericEntity.java:1285:WARN
] The field name (or key) [locale] is not valid for entity [Product],
printing IllegalArgumentException instead of throwing it because Map
interface specification does not allow throwing that exception.
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:19,945 (main) [      GenericEntity.java:1285:WARN
] The field name (or key) [timeZone] is not valid for entity [Product],
printing IllegalArgumentException instead of throwing it because Map
interface specification does not allow throwing that exception.
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:20,886 (main) [      EntityEcaRule.java:111:INFO
] Running Entity ECA Service: indexProductKeywords, triggered by rule on
Entity: Product
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:20,887 (main) [      GenericEntity.java:1285:WARN
] The field name (or key) [locale] is not valid for entity [Product],
printing IllegalArgumentException instead of throwing it because Map
interface specification does not allow throwing that exception.
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:20,887 (main) [      GenericEntity.java:1285:WARN
] The field name (or key) [timeZone] is not valid for entity [Product],
printing IllegalArgumentException instead of throwing it because Map
interface specification does not allow throwing that exception.
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:20,920 (main) [      EntityEcaRule.java:111:INFO
] Running Entity ECA Service: indexProductKeywords, triggered by rule on
Entity: Product
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:20,920 (main) [      GenericEntity.java:1285:WARN
] The field name (or key) [locale] is not valid for entity [Product],
printing IllegalArgumentException instead of throwing it because Map
interface specification does not allow throwing that exception.
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:20,920 (main) [      GenericEntity.java:1285:WARN
] The field name (or key) [timeZone] is not valid for entity [Product],
printing IllegalArgumentException instead of throwing it because Map
interface specification does not allow throwing that exception.
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:20,966 (main) [      EntityEcaRule.java:111:INFO
] Running Entity ECA Service: indexProductKeywords, triggered by rule on
Entity: Product
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:20,966 (main) [      GenericEntity.java:1285:WARN
] The field name (or key) [locale] is not valid for entity [Product],
printing IllegalArgumentException instead of throwing it because Map
interface specification does not allow throwing that exception.
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:20,967 (main) [      GenericEntity.java:1285:WARN
] The field name (or key) [timeZone] is not valid for entity [Product],
printing IllegalArgumentException instead of throwing it because Map
interface specification does not allow throwing that exception.
     [java] 2007-08-14 12:40:21,056 (main) [      EntityEcaRule.java:111:INFO
] Running Entity ECA Service: indexProductKeywords, triggered by rule on
Entity: ProductContent

Vikas Mayur

Display the date time according to the user time zone

mikeymwong
Hi,

Any method I can use to display the date time according to the user time
zone?

Thanks
Mike

Re: Display the date time according to the user time zone

Adrian Crum
Mike,

The framework should be taking care of that for you already. What screen are you referring to?

-Adrian

Mike Wong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any method I can use to display the date time according to the user time
> zone?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

RE: Display the date time according to the user time zone

mikeymwong
Adrian,

I did a simple test on updating a Party Contact.  The updated time shown on
the Party Profile page is always according to the server time zone.

Primary Email Address
Billing (AP) Email
[hidden email] (send email)
(Updated: 2007-09-13 23:03:55.921)

I'm using r574832.

Mike Wong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any method I can use to display the date time according to the user time
> zone?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Re: Display the date time according to the user time zone

Adrian Crum
Mike,

The problem is the .toString() method calls on Timestamp data types in the ftl files. I fixed the
contact mech display in Rev 575336, but I'm sure there are many other places where this is being
done. Until they are all fixed in the trunk, you can just eliminate the toString() method calls in
your local copy.

-Adrian

Mike Wong wrote:

> Adrian,
>
> I did a simple test on updating a Party Contact.  The updated time shown on
> the Party Profile page is always according to the server time zone.
>
> Primary Email Address
> Billing (AP) Email
> [hidden email] (send email)
> (Updated: 2007-09-13 23:03:55.921)
>
> I'm using r574832.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

Thanks a lot, I'll have a try.

Cheers

Mike Wong wrote:

> Adrian,
>
> I did a simple test on updating a Party Contact.  The updated time shown
on

> the Party Profile page is always according to the server time zone.
>
> Primary Email Address
> Billing (AP) Email
> [hidden email] (send email)
> (Updated: 2007-09-13 23:03:55.921)
>
> I'm using r574832.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

I have updated my ofbiz to r575336 and have run some test on the Party
Profile.

What I did is
1) Set the server time to GMT+8 time zone
2) Set the client ofbiz time zone to GMT+8 time zone
3) Updated a Party email contact
4) The Party Contact Updated time as follow

Primary Email Address
[hidden email] (send email)
(Updated: 2007-09-14 14:30:28.312)

5) Close and open another browser
6) Login as another user
7) Set the client ofbiz time zone to GMT+0
8) Lookup the Party Profile page
9) The Party Contact Updated time was the same

Primary Email Address
[hidden email] (send email)
(Updated: 2007-09-14 14:30:28.312)

Should the Updated time shown on the GMT+0 client page as follow?

Primary Email Address
[hidden email] (send email)
(Updated: 2007-09-14 06:30:28.312)

Mike Wong wrote:

> Adrian,
>
> I did a simple test on updating a Party Contact.  The updated time shown
on

> the Party Profile page is always according to the server time zone.
>
> Primary Email Address
> Billing (AP) Email
> [hidden email] (send email)
> (Updated: 2007-09-13 23:03:55.921)
>
> I'm using r574832.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

Sorry, please ignore my previous message; I have the time zone stuff
working.

I forgot to clean and build the class after I do the svn update.