InfoWorld Bossie Awards mention

Walter Vaughan
Hey, at least we got a mention

After looking at all the eye candy that OpenBravo is today has I wasn't
surprised OFBiz didn't win, but at least we got a mention...

<quote>
We're also a fan of the Apache Open for Business (OFBiz) project, but this
formidable solution is not for the technically faint of heart. OFBiz is better
suited to VARs than SMEs.
</quote>
http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/09/10/37FE-boss-applications_1.html

Walter

Re: InfoWorld Bossie Awards mention

guo weizhan
what's the VARs and SMEs mean?

2007/9/13, Walter Vaughan <[hidden email]>:

> Hey, at least we got a mention
>
> After looking at all the eye candy that OpenBravo is today has I wasn't
> surprised OFBiz didn't win, but at least we got a mention...
>
> <quote>
> We're also a fan of the Apache Open for Business (OFBiz) project, but this
> formidable solution is not for the technically faint of heart. OFBiz is
> better
> suited to VARs than SMEs.
> </quote>
> http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/09/10/37FE-boss-applications_1.html

> Walter

RE: InfoWorld Bossie Awards mention

Joel Blouin
VAR I believe is Value Added Reseller
SME is Subject Matter Expert

2007/9/13, Walter Vaughan <[hidden email]>:

> Hey, at least we got a mention
>
> After looking at all the eye candy that OpenBravo is today has I wasn't
> surprised OFBiz didn't win, but at least we got a mention...
>
> <quote>
> We're also a fan of the Apache Open for Business (OFBiz) project, but this
> formidable solution is not for the technically faint of heart. OFBiz is
> better
> suited to VARs than SMEs.
> </quote>
> http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/09/10/37FE-boss-applications_1.html
>

> --
> Walter

RE: InfoWorld Bossie Awards mention

Vikrant.Rathore
VAR - Value Added Reseller
SME - Small and Medium Enterprises which is in general defined from 4-500 employee.

Regards,
Vikrant

2007/9/13, Walter Vaughan <[hidden email]>:

> Hey, at least we got a mention
>
> After looking at all the eye candy that OpenBravo is today has I wasn't
> surprised OFBiz didn't win, but at least we got a mention...
>
> <quote>
> We're also a fan of the Apache Open for Business (OFBiz) project, but this
> formidable solution is not for the technically faint of heart. OFBiz is
> better
> suited to VARs than SMEs.
> </quote>
> http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/09/10/37FE-boss-applications_1.html
>

> --
> Walter

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

RE: InfoWorld Bossie Awards mention

SkipDever
Value Added Reseller and Small and Medium sized Enterprises

2007/9/13, Walter Vaughan <[hidden email]>:

> Hey, at least we got a mention
>
> After looking at all the eye candy that OpenBravo is today has I wasn't
> surprised OFBiz didn't win, but at least we got a mention...
>
> <quote>
> We're also a fan of the Apache Open for Business (OFBiz) project, but this
> formidable solution is not for the technically faint of heart. OFBiz is
> better
> suited to VARs than SMEs.
> </quote>
> http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/09/10/37FE-boss-applications_1.html
>

> --
> Walter

Re: InfoWorld Bossie Awards mention

guo weizhan
I see, thanks

I think that's right, Ofbiz it's so complex for a small company to use, and
there no enough documents for them.

2007/9/13, skip@theDevers <[hidden email]>:

> Value Added Reseller and Small and Medium sized Enterprises

I think the statement "not for the technically faint of heart" is highly
accurate, possibly even understated.

I hope to change that.

Skip

I think that's right, Ofbiz it's so complex for a small company to use, and
there no enough documents for them.

2007/9/13, skip@theDevers <[hidden email]>:

> Value Added Reseller and Small and Medium sized Enterprises

Christian Geisert
Walter Vaughan schrieb:
> Hey, at least we got a mention
>
> After looking at all the eye candy that OpenBravo is today has I wasn't
> surprised OFBiz didn't win, but at least we got a mention...

Yeah, that's called marketing ;-)
http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070913.html

Christian

Re: InfoWorld Bossie Awards mention

David E Jones

Christian Geisert wrote:
> Walter Vaughan schrieb:
>> Hey, at least we got a mention
>>
>> After looking at all the eye candy that OpenBravo is today has I wasn't
>> surprised OFBiz didn't win, but at least we got a mention...
>
> Yeah, that's called marketing ;-)
> http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070913.html

Appropriate... considering they are called the "bossie" awards. ;)

I guess this is a target audience OFBiz hasn't made happy yet. Maybe it has something to do with being community driven as opposed to corporate driven.

How do we communicate that to something like InfoWorld that bases it's income on ad revenue, aka marketing?

Oh well... I'm sure we'll get there sooner or later with a fancy web site for OFBiz plus some fancy articles and awards to go along with it. And if not, some lucky tech reporter will have a chance to write an article like "How many times have you used Apache OFBiz today without even knowing it?" ;)

-David