Product -> charge shipping

Passalacqua Nicolas
Hi,

In a product we can set a "charge shipping" field ( yes or no ).

I try it and when I set it to "No", in the check out process i have no
access to the mail shipping page.

So by switching this field to "No" the customer cannot anymore select
where he want to receive his product.

Is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Regards,

Nick

Re: Product -> charge shipping

Hi Nicolas,

Setting "charge shipping" to no is mostly used for electronic products (software, MP3, for instance). In this case there is nowhere
to shipp to.

On the other hand, if you were looking for a way to do free shipping this is not the good one. Neither try to use free shipping
promo as it does not work. So you have to find your own way to do that at the moment. Using shipping rules for instance (cf. Centre
de profit/Expéditions en français)

Jacques

Re: Product -> charge shipping

David E Jones-2

On Nov 28, 2006, at 1:15 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Setting "charge shipping" to no is mostly used for electronic
> products (software, MP3, for instance). In this case there is nowhere
> to shipp to.

This is not correct. If Charge Shipping is set to N it doesn't mean
don't ship it, it means don't charge for shipping. If something isn't
to be shipped is should be marked on the ProductType as a digital
good and as not a physical good.

If this isn't working, then it's a bug. Something along the way has
screwed it up.

-David

> On the other hand, if you were looking for a way to do free
> shipping this is not the good one. Neither try to use free shipping
> promo as it does not work. So you have to find your own way to do
> that at the moment. Using shipping rules for instance (cf. Centre
> de profit/Expéditions en français)
>
> Jacques

Re: Product -> charge shipping

From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

> On Nov 28, 2006, at 1:15 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> > Hi Nicolas,
> >
> > Setting "charge shipping" to no is mostly used for electronic
> > products (software, MP3, for instance). In this case there is nowhere
> > to shipp to.
>
> This is not correct. If Charge Shipping is set to N it doesn't mean
> don't ship it, it means don't charge for shipping. If something isn't
> to be shipped is should be marked on the ProductType as a digital
> good and as not a physical good.
>
> If this isn't working, then it's a bug. Something along the way has
> screwed it up.

Thanks David for correcting me and sorry for wrong advice :(

> > On the other hand, if you were looking for a way to do free
> > shipping this is not the good one. Neither try to use free shipping
> > promo as it does not work. So you have to find your own way to do
> > that at the moment. Using shipping rules for instance (cf. Centre
> > de profit/Expéditions en français)
> >
> > Jacques

RE: Product -> charge shipping

Passalacqua Nicolas
Thanks guys for the answers.

Should I create a Jira issue on it?

Nick

> On Nov 28, 2006, at 1:15 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> > Hi Nicolas,
> >
> > Setting "charge shipping" to no is mostly used for electronic
> > products (software, MP3, for instance). In this case there is nowhere
> > to shipp to.
>
> This is not correct. If Charge Shipping is set to N it doesn't mean
> don't ship it, it means don't charge for shipping. If something isn't
> to be shipped is should be marked on the ProductType as a digital
> good and as not a physical good.
>
> If this isn't working, then it's a bug. Something along the way has
> screwed it up.

Thanks David for correcting me and sorry for wrong advice :(

> > On the other hand, if you were looking for a way to do free
> > shipping this is not the good one. Neither try to use free shipping
> > promo as it does not work. So you have to find your own way to do
> > that at the moment. Using shipping rules for instance (cf. Centre
> > de profit/Expéditions en français)
> >
> > Jacques

Re: Product -> charge shipping

Nicolas,