Publishing an official "New features" page for the OFBiz project

Publishing an official "New features" page for the OFBiz project

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi all,

I really think it is time to maintain an official "New Features" summary
page for the OFBiz project: there are so many great new features,
improvements and fixes coming in that it is difficult for users to focus
on them just by reviewing the commit logs.
I'd suggest a simple summary like this one:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/-Qs

We could collect a list of new features for each month and then publish
the new link at the top of the main page of the website.

What do you think? Any volunteers to help maintain the page updated?

Re: Publishing an official "New features" page for the OFBiz project

+1, volunteer

Jacques

De : "Jacopo Cappellato" <[hidden email]>

> Hi all,
>
> I really think it is time to maintain an official "New Features" summary
> page for the OFBiz project: there are so many great new features,
> improvements and fixes coming in that it is difficult for users to focus
> on them just by reviewing the commit logs.
> I'd suggest a simple summary like this one:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/-Qs
>
> We could collect a list of new features for each month and then publish
> the new link at the top of the main page of the website.
>
> What do you think? Any volunteers to help maintain the page updated?
>
> Jacopo

RE: Publishing an official "New features" page for the OFBiz project

SkipDever

If you can find the time to do this, I won't have to publish a separate web
page to accomplish the same thing.  I for one simply do not have the time to
sort through Jira.

Skip

Re: Publishing an official "New features" page for the OFBiz project

xpingxu
In the page. a short plan can be view. but no long plan for the future.
where we can
find out the ofbiz longterm features list and milestones or release plan.
thanks.

xu

On 10/22/07, skip@theDevers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jacopo
>
> If you can find the time to do this, I won't have to publish a separate
> web
> page to accomplish the same thing.  I for one simply do not have the time
> sort through Jira.
>
> Skip

Christian Geisert
Jacopo Cappellato schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> I really think it is time to maintain an official "New Features" summary
> page for the OFBiz project: there are so many great new features,
> improvements and fixes coming in that it is difficult for users to focus
> on them just by reviewing the commit logs.
> I'd suggest a simple summary like this one:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/-Qs
>
> We could collect a list of new features for each month and then publish
> the new link at the top of the main page of the website.
>
> What do you think? Any volunteers to help maintain the page updated?

+1, I'll (try to) help maintaining the page

What does the red color mean?

Christian

Christian Geisert wrote:

> Jacopo Cappellato schrieb:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I really think it is time to maintain an official "New Features" summary
>> page for the OFBiz project: there are so many great new features,
>> improvements and fixes coming in that it is difficult for users to focus
>> on them just by reviewing the commit logs.
>> I'd suggest a simple summary like this one:
>>
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/-Qs
>>
>> We could collect a list of new features for each month and then publish
>> the new link at the top of the main page of the website.
>>
>> What do you think? Any volunteers to help maintain the page updated?
>
> +1, I'll (try to) help maintaining the page
>
> What does the red color mean?

Thank you, Christian (and Jacques)!
I've moved the page to the Wiki workspace so that you'll be able to edit
it: http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/-Qs

Feel free to improve the layout and content, because I just created very
quickly as a draft/starting point for a discussion: however, in my
opinion, we should try to keep things the layout simple to edit and, for
the content, we should avoid too many details and just give the high
level description of the feature (not a commit level list).
I've tried to highlight the most relevant features with the red color...
but it doesn't seem a great idea... your input is welcome!

Re: Publishing an official "New features" page for the OFBiz project

A such task was done avery week by Si Chen alone before (with more details than we want to put in this page of course, was more a
weekly report).
I personnaly want to thank him for the great work he done helping promoting OFBiz.

Jacques

De : "Jacopo Cappellato" <[hidden email]>

> Christian Geisert wrote:
> > Jacopo Cappellato schrieb:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I really think it is time to maintain an official "New Features" summary
> >> page for the OFBiz project: there are so many great new features,
> >> improvements and fixes coming in that it is difficult for users to focus
> >> on them just by reviewing the commit logs.
> >> I'd suggest a simple summary like this one:
> >>
> >> http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/-Qs
> >>
> >> We could collect a list of new features for each month and then publish
> >> the new link at the top of the main page of the website.
> >>
> >> What do you think? Any volunteers to help maintain the page updated?
> >
> > +1, I'll (try to) help maintaining the page
> >
> > What does the red color mean?
> >

> Thank you, Christian (and Jacques)!
> I've moved the page to the Wiki workspace so that you'll be able to edit
> it: http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/-Qs
>
> Feel free to improve the layout and content, because I just created very
> quickly as a draft/starting point for a discussion: however, in my
> opinion, we should try to keep things the layout simple to edit and, for
> the content, we should avoid too many details and just give the high
> level description of the feature (not a commit level list).
> I've tried to highlight the most relevant features with the red color...
> but it doesn't seem a great idea... your input is welcome!
>
> Jacopo

Re: Publishing an official "New features" page for the OFBiz project

Bilgin Ibryam
I still use this weekly report from Si to follow the changes (in case i missed some of them). It gives a high level views of the changes.

http://ofbiz-new.blogspot.com/

Re: Publishing an official "New features" page for the OFBiz project

Cool, I thought Si has stopped on this. Put in Sage (Firefox plugin).

Thanks Bilgin

Jacques

De : "Bilgin Ibryam" <[hidden email]>