Purchase order to invoice

Vikrant.Rathore
Just noticed one strange behaviour in purchase order. When you quick receive a purchase order a shipment is created and when you receive the shipment an invoice is created.

But when you receive a purchase order from facility the shipment is not created and in turn invoice is not created.

So in general to have an invoice is it necessary to issue a shipment and then receive it?

Also if I have 400 pieces and I receive 300 and reject 100 the purchase order is closed and cannot receive anymore items. In general the supplier may send the same items back with a new shipment against the same purchase order.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Re: Purchase order to invoice

Vikrant,

Just a bet : maybe it's because a move (transfert?) between 2 facilities is not considered as a real purchase because it does not
come from the outside of the company ?
Is it really a problem to create a new purchase order ?

Jacques

the supplier may send the same items back with a new shipment against the same purchase order.

RE: Purchase order to invoice

Vikrant.Rathore
Hi Jacques,

Thanks for the feedback the problem is when you receive a purchase order a proforma invoice is created automatically by the system based on the amount received.

Currently the invoice is linked to shipment and not the PO itself so in order to have a proforma invoice created the system needs to create a shipment. In quick receive a shipment is created automatically but when you receive without creating a shipment directly from PO the invoice will not be created.

May be it’s a default behaviour.

Regards,
Vikrant

Re: Purchase order to invoice

Jacopo Cappellato
Vikrant,

I think you are right: maybe the best option we have to solve this issue
is to automatically create a shipment when the items are received and
mark it as received; this will trigger the invoice creation.

Jacopo

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Jacques,
>
> Thanks for the feedback the problem is when you receive a purchase order a proforma invoice is created automatically by the system based on the amount received.
>
> Currently the invoice is linked to shipment and not the PO itself so in order to have a proforma invoice created the system needs to create a shipment. In quick receive a shipment is created automatically but when you receive without creating a shipment directly from PO the invoice will not be created.
>
> May be it’s a default behaviour.
>
> Regards,
> Vikrant

Thanks Jacopo,

Yes this sounds like a simple and good solution if there are no drawbacks. I can't see any but I did not look at the related code...

Jacques

De : "Jacopo Cappellato" <[hidden email]>