Question on port configuration for ant run-install

Question on port configuration for ant run-install

Brett
We have an environment where multiple ofbiz servers are running on the
same machine.  We are able to get this setup by changing all the port
settings for the different servers to avoid port conflicts.  The
servers are able to run concurrently without any problems.

We are seeing a problem when we execute "ant run-install" while the
other servers are running.  The ant build fails with a port binding
exception as it tries to access JOTM through the JNDI naming service.

Does the "ant run-install" build target use some hard coded port
settings that we are not able to over ride?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this problem.

Brett

Re: Question on port configuration for ant run-install

BJ Freeman
clarification are you using the -D option at start up to change the ports.

Brett Palmer sent the following on 7/17/2006 3:56 AM:

> We have an environment where multiple ofbiz servers are running on the
> same machine.  We are able to get this setup by changing all the port
> settings for the different servers to avoid port conflicts.  The
> servers are able to run concurrently without any problems.
>
> We are seeing a problem when we execute "ant run-install" while the
> other servers are running.  The ant build fails with a port binding
> exception as it tries to access JOTM through the JNDI naming service.
>
> Does the "ant run-install" build target use some hard coded port
> settings that we are not able to over ride?
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this problem.
>

> Brett

Re: Question on port configuration for ant run-install

Brett
The port settings are done through the following files:

base/src/start/org/ofbiz/base/start/start.properties
base/config/jndi.properties
base/config/jndiservers.xml
base/config/rmi-containers.xml
base/config/ofbiz-containers.xml
framework/jotm/config/iiop.properties
framework/jotm/config/jrmp.properties

I think the only -D port settings we may change on the commandline
would be the RMI settings for startofbiz.sh.

Brett

On 7/17/06, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> clarification are you using the -D option at start up to change the ports.
>

> Brett Palmer sent the following on 7/17/2006 3:56 AM:
> > We have an environment where multiple ofbiz servers are running on the
> > same machine.  We are able to get this setup by changing all the port
> > settings for the different servers to avoid port conflicts.  The
> > servers are able to run concurrently without any problems.
> >
> > We are seeing a problem when we execute "ant run-install" while the
> > other servers are running.  The ant build fails with a port binding
> > exception as it tries to access JOTM through the JNDI naming service.
> >
> > Does the "ant run-install" build target use some hard coded port
> > settings that we are not able to over ride?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this problem.
> >

> > Brett

Re: Question on port configuration for ant run-install

David E Jones-2

With the older code JOTM was used through JNDI and so the port settings would have to be in place for that. There shouldn't be any hard coded ports, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

With the embedded Geronimo transaction manager it is no longer running it through JNDI, so no ports are needed for that and in fact I don't think the install process really needs open ports any more for accepting connections.

-David

Brett Palmer wrote:

> We have an environment where multiple ofbiz servers are running on the
> same machine.  We are able to get this setup by changing all the port
> settings for the different servers to avoid port conflicts.  The
> servers are able to run concurrently without any problems.
>
> We are seeing a problem when we execute "ant run-install" while the
> other servers are running.  The ant build fails with a port binding
> exception as it tries to access JOTM through the JNDI naming service.
>
> Does the "ant run-install" build target use some hard coded port
> settings that we are not able to over ride?
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this problem.
>

> Brett

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment