RE: [OFBiz] Users - would like to change the, contentmanagementcomponent of OfBiz

RE: [OFBiz] Users - would like to change the, contentmanagementcomponent of OfBiz

Brad Plies
Andrew & All,

I just tried out:
OpenCMS (http://www.opencms.org/opencms/en/download/opencms.html)
Magnolia (http://sourceforge.net/projects/magnolia/)
and took the tour of Alfresco (http://sourceforge.net/projects/alfresco/)*

*OpenCMS was very nice, yet very complicated I found.  Unfortunately it
is GPL, so it should not be possible to integrate it with OFBIZ.
Magnolia was way too simple I thought.
Alfresco on the other hand was pretty fantastic, it uses AOP and is very
very rich but it considered beta.  Its license is Mozilla, is that
compatible with OFBIZ?

>Yes, but I think developing a pure CMS Solution from scratch is not a
>trivial task and therefor it would be wise to use existing components
>from other mature CM systems like OpenCms or Magnolia (JSR 170
>compliant) or think about integrating Jakarta Slide, JackRabbit
>(http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/) into OfBiz  :-) .

RE: [OFBiz] Users - would like to change the, contentmanagementcomponent of OfBiz

Andrew Sykes
Brad,

I've never seen Alfresco before, it is pretty damn good isn't it!

I really like the desktop integration and version management. I'm
downloading it now to have a look in a bit more detail.

Of course the focus of what we've been looking at is templating and
publishing websites, do you know anything about it's ability to do this
kind of thing - I know it doesn't take much of a leap of imagination to
see it in that role, but it would be nice to see a demo...

--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd