Re: Apply Payment to GL Account

Apex Technomatics

The Payment Type GL Account Type Id is used to translate (or map) the different payment types to a specific GL Account Type Id. The GL Account Type Id is then used via the 'GL Account Type Id' defaults to translate to one side of a journal entry.

NOTE
This GL Account default is used to link to another one of the GL Account defaults.

A Payment Type is just a way to categorize transactions.

Examples of Payment Types could be as follows:

Commission Payments

Customer Payments

Vendor (or Supplier) Payments

Customer Refunds

Customer Prepayments or Deposits

These payment types can then be mapped to the required account type in the Chart of Account.

Examples of these type of mappings could be as follows:

Customer Payments are mapped to Account Receivable

Vendor (or Supplier) Payment are mapped to Account Payable

Customer Refunds are mapped to Customer Credits

How do I add a Payment Type / GL Account Type Id mapping?

There are currently 14 different Payment Type / GL Account Types mappings that come as part of the demo data with OFBiz and should cover a good variety of payment-related transactions.

Select the 'Payment Type Id' from the drop-down list

Select the 'GL Account Type Id' to map it to from the drop-down list

Press the 'Save' button

The new 'Payment Type / GL Account Type' mapping is displayed in the list at the bottom of the screen

How do I update a Payment Type / GL Account Type Id mapping?

A Payment Type / GL Account Type mapping cannot be updated directly but needs to be removed then re-created. If you try to update an existing entry you will get a 'duplicate key' error message.

Press the 'Remove' button next to the entry that you want to update

The entry is removed from the list of entries displayed

Select the 'Payment Type Id' from the drop-down list

Select the updated 'GL Account Type Id' to map it to from the drop-down list

Press the 'Save' button

The new 'Payment Type / GL Account Type' mapping is displayed in the list at the bottom of the screen

How do I remove a Payment Type / GL Account Type Id mapping?

Press the 'Remove' button next to the entry that you want to delete

The entry is removed from the list of entries displayed

Help for Financial Account Deposit / Withdraw

By default, this screen will display all payment transactions both incoming and outgoing that have not already been associated with a financial account that represents one of the company’s bank accounts.

This screen also gives the option to create new deposit or withdrawal payments.

The user can select a number of incoming deposit payments (eg Customer Payments etc) and group them together into a payment group (i.e AR Batch of Payments) that will create a 'deposit slip'.

If you select a number of incoming payments and dont group them then no payment group is created (and therefore not deposit slip either) but the individual transactions will be created for the 'bank account' financial account.

NOTE
Outgoing payments cannot be grouped together and will not create a 'deposit slip'.

How do I list Deposit or Withdrawal Payments not linked to a Bank Account?

Press the 'Find' button on the 'Deposit/Withdraw' screen.

All deposit and withdrawal transactions not associated with a bank 'financial account' will be displayed.

How do I group payments and create a deposit slip?

Press 'Find' to list all Deposit or Withdrawal payments

Use the 'Select All' or click on the check box associated with the transactions required

Enter a name for the Payment Party Group Name (eg XYZ Deposits) to group the transactions together

Press the 'Deposit/Withdraw' button

A deposit will be created that can be viewed under the 'Deposit Slip' tab and grouped transaction will be created under the 'Transactions' tab with a link to the deposit slip breakdown

Help for Financial Account New Deposit Payment

This screen allows the user to create an incoming payment to a financial account that has been linked to the company bank account.

How do I create a New Deposit Payment?

Press the 'Create New Deposit Payment' button

The 'Create New Deposit for Financial Account' screen is displayed

Select the 'Payment Type' from the drop down menu (NOTE: Only incoming transaction payment types are shown)

Select the 'Payment Method Type' from the drop down menu (eg Cash)

Enter or use the lookup to select the 'From Party Id' (eg DemoCustomer)

Enter or use the lookup to select the 'To Party Id' (eg Company)

Enter the date of the deposit in the 'Effective Date' field

Enter the amount in the 'Amount' field for the deposit

If required then tick the box next to 'Deposit Payment in:…​.'
        (NOTE: If this is ticked then the transaction will not be displayed and so will not have a deposit slip associated with it)

Press the 'Create' button

The new transaction will be created.

NOTE
The default status of the payment will be 'Received'.A new payment transaction will be created and it will be linked to the specified bank account but the status of the transaction will be 'Created'.

How do I view a newly created Deposit Payment transaction?

Go to the 'Transactions' submenu

Press the 'Search' button

The newly created transaction should be displayed in the search results at the bottom of the screen.

NOTE
If when the transaction was created the 'Deposit Payment in:…​.' was ticked then the transaction will not be displayed on this screen.
It will still show up under the 'Transactions' tab and linked to the bank account.

On 2021/03/30 20:04:00, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In AR there is the ability to Apply Payment to GL Account.  Does anyone
> know the business reason why a payment would be applied to a GL Account?
>  Anyone know how to record a deposit on a purchase Order?
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Re: Apply Payment to GL Account

Apex Technomatics

On 2021/03/30 20:04:00, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In AR there is the ability to Apply Payment to GL Account.  Does anyone
> know the business reason why a payment would be applied to a GL Account?
>  Anyone know how to record a deposit on a purchase Order?
>
> Thanks,

The Payment Type GL Account Type Id is used to translate (or map) the different payment types to a specific GL Account Type Id. The GL Account Type Id is then used via the 'GL Account Type Id' defaults to translate to one side of a journal entry.

NOTE
This GL Account default is used to link to another one of the GL Account defaults.

A Payment Type is just a way to categorize transactions.

Examples of Payment Types could be as follows:

Commission Payments

Customer Payments

Vendor (or Supplier) Payments

Customer Refunds

Customer Prepayments or Deposits

These payment types can then be mapped to the required account type in the Chart of Account.

Examples of these type of mappings could be as follows:

Customer Payments are mapped to Account Receivable

Vendor (or Supplier) Payment are mapped to Account Payable

Customer Refunds are mapped to Customer Credits

How do I add a Payment Type / GL Account Type Id mapping?

There are currently 14 different Payment Type / GL Account Types mappings that come as part of the demo data with OFBiz and should cover a good variety of payment related transactions.

Select the 'Payment Type Id' from the drop down list

Select the 'GL Account Type Id' to map it to from the drop down list

Press the 'Save' button

The new 'Payment Type / GL Account Type' mapping is displayed in the list at the bottom of the screen

How do I update a Payment Type / GL Account Type Id mapping?

A Payment Type / GL Account Type mapping cannot be updated directly but needs to be removed then re-created. If you try to update an existing entry you will get an 'duplicate key' error message.

Press the 'Remove' button next to the entry that you want to update

The entry is removed from the list of entries displayed

Select the 'Payment Type Id' from the drop down list

Select the updated 'GL Account Type Id' to map it to from the drop down list

Press the 'Save' button

The new 'Payment Type / GL Account Type' mapping is displayed in the list at the bottom of the screen

How do I remove a Payment Type / GL Account Type Id mapping?

Press the 'Remove' button next to the entry that you want to delete

The entry is removed from the list of entries displayed

​[Yesterday 11:26 PM] Pradeep yadav

> [...]

Press the 'Create' button

The new transaction will be created.

NOTE
The default status of the payment will be 'Received'.A new payment transaction will be created and it will be linked to the specified bank account but the status of the transaction will be 'Created'.

How do I view a newly created Deposit Payment transaction?

Go to the 'Transactions' submenu

Press the 'Search' button

The newly created transaction should be displayed in the search results at the bottom of the screen.

NOTE
If when the transaction was created the 'Deposit Payment in:…​.' was ticked then the transaction will not be displayed on this screen.
It will still show up under the 'Transactions' tab and linked to the bank account.

Thanks Apex Technomatics,

Your message has been moderated, else it would not have reached this Mailing List.

Please subscribe to the user ML for such questions and then use your email client.

You will get a better support, people can answer you on the ML.
The wider the audience the better the answers you might get.

Also it's more work for moderators who have to accept your messages as long as you have not subscribed.
I'll personally no longer accept them (other moderators still could).

TIA

Jacques