Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: i18n of Entity Labels (the end)

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: i18n of Entity Labels (the end)

David,

From: "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>

> Jacques,
>
> It's good to have this on the mailing list, but perhaps it wasn't
> necessary to include the entire conversation... I'll slim it down to
> the more relevant recent parts.
>
> It looks like you having it right (barring some typo I'm missing
> here). Chances are if you look in the log file you'll see messages
> are problems with this... Note that when properties files are found
> it only reports it ONCE (if I remember right, I changed it to do that
> because having hundreds of messages was annoying), so you may have to
> look back a way, but just search in the log for the name of the
> properties file you specified.
>
> Speaking of specifying the name of the properties file to use... Did
> you put a "default-resource-name" attribute on the ProductCategory
> entity definition? If so and it's still not working could you send
> your entity def over? This attribute is necessary so that the Entity
> Engine will now which properties file to look in for localized
> override strings for that entity.
You are right I forgot to set a "default-resource-name" attribute on the
ProductCategory. Now it's working, I get "Gizmos français".

> Another note, which you can ignore if you feel you are getting too
> much information: ProductCategory already has other mechanisms for
> internationlization, and this feature of the entity engine should NOT
> be used with that entity! For Products and ProductCategorys the i18n
> is done through ProductContent and ProductCategoryContent,
> respectively, and it can be managed 100% in the online tools, meaning
> you don't have to translate those in properties files.... For more
> information on this, look for posts about the alternate locale
> related content feature of the content rendering/management stuff.

This was only for test, now it works and I'll forget "default-resource-name"
attribute on the ProductCategory and file ProductEntityLabels.properties.  I
(re)saw Manuel Meyer mail "Category description localization - newbiee
question" and the link to
http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=LocalizedProductDescriptions.
Some questions :
Is the wiki tutorial for product applicable for Category or do we use what
is described in Manuel Meyer mail (attached) ?
Are there other contexts (than products and categories descriptions) where
this can be applied ?

I also noted that entity-name="ProductType" has already a
default-resource-name="ProductEntityLabels". But the file
ProductEntityLabels.properties did not exist before I created it temporaly
for test. Just a remark, perhaps useful ?

Thanks David for your kindness and patience with me :o)

> [...]
> > tend to reduce the amount of times I have to answer a question.
> >
> > Thanks again for your help on the i18n and l10n efforts, I hope this
> > explanation is understandable...
> >
> > -David
> >

> > On Jul 13, 2005, at 11:54 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> >

> >> David,
> >>
> >> I tried to use the same scheme, than the one I use in ftl files, in
> >> xml
> >> files (for screen widget rendering) .
> >>
> >> Putting "{productCategory.get("description",locale)" in
> >> <applications/product/widget/catalog/CategoryScreens.xml> after
> >> having
> >> created an <applications/product/config/
> >> ProductEntityLabels.properties> file
> >> with at least "productCategory.description.100 = Gizmos" in it, I
> >> got :
> >>
> >> org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
> >> [EditCategory]:
> >> org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
> >> [CommonCategoryDecorator]: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException:
> >> Error
> >> rendering screen [main-decorator]:
> >> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> >> [GenericEntity.get] "get("description",locale)" is not a field of
> >> ProductCategory ([GenericEntity.get] "get("description",locale)" is
> >> not a
> >> field of ProductCategory) (Error rendering screen [main-decorator]:
> >> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericEntity.get]
> >> "get("description",locale)" is not a field of ProductCategory
> >> ([GenericEntity.get] "get("description",locale)" is not a field of
> >> ProductCategory)) (Error rendering screen [CommonCategoryDecorator]:
> >> org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
> >> [main-decorator]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> >> [GenericEntity.get]
> >> "get("description",locale)" is not a field of ProductCategory
> >> ([GenericEntity.get] "get("description",locale)" is not a field of
> >> ProductCategory) (Error rendering screen [main-decorator]:
> >> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericEntity.get]
> >> "get("description",locale)" is not a field of ProductCategory
> >> ([GenericEntity.get] "get("description",locale)" is not a field of
> >> ProductCategory)))
> >>
> >> Do you think that this scheme is usable in xml files, and if yes,
> >> how to
> >> write it ?
> >>
> >> I had a discussion about this subject with Olivier. He told me he
> >> tried also
> >> (I think about march 2005, as I seen some get("description",locale)
> >> in ftl
> >> files) but never succeed.
> >>
> >> Now Néréide has opted for another way and translated in french all
> >> (or most)
> >> of *data.xml files (where we can find Enumeration description for
> >> example).
> >> I know it's not i18n but only l10n. But I think, after have done
> >> the work I
> >> do now on Enumeration Entity, I will use their work and wait

Hi All,

I’ve investigated the problem on my own, sorry to annoy the group with dumb questions…

I’ve digged into the BSH/FTL couples and went up to the following point, in order to show localized categories.

I would like just to know if the solution I am thinking about is a non-sens, or wether this could be considered as a relative approach when facing the problem.

I’ve done the same content/dataresource association with alternate locale than the one described for product in the article

http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=LocalizedProductDescriptions

Then, in /ofbiz/applications/order/webapp/ordermgr/WEB-INF/actions/entry/catalog/sidedeepcategory.bsh, I’ve added

catIterator = UtilMisc.toIterator(request.getAttribute("topLevelList"));

if(catIterator != null) {

            catContentWrappers = new HashMap();

            while(catIterator.hasNext()) {

                        cat = catIterator.next();

                CategoryContentWrapper catContentWrapper = new CategoryContentWrapper(cat, request);

                id = cat.get("productCategoryId");

                catContentWrappers.put(id, catContentWrapper);

            }

            context.put("catContentWrappers", catContentWrappers);

}

And in /ofbiz/applications/ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/catalog/sidedeepcategory.ftl, I’ve changed

${category.description?if_exists}

In

${catContentWrappers[category.productCategoryId].get("description")}

And it looks like working. I now need to do that change on very ftl using categories – that is what I suppose.

I would also like to add that the more I digg in ofbiz, the impressed I am. Lots of excellent things to learn.

Best regards,

Manuel

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: i18n of Entity Labels (the end)

I'm confused after having seen
http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl.

All is clearly explained.

Sorry for annoyance everybody and especially David.

Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) Market Trends, Revenue, Major Players, Share Analysis & Forecast Till 2032

ashinde
The global Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) market size was USD 4.72 Billion in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 7.63 Billion in 2032, and register a revenue CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period. The Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) technology market revenue growth is expected to expand significantly over the forecast period. When not in use, Electric Vehicles (EVs) can transmit extra energy back to the power grid thanks to V2G technology, which helps to stabilize the system and brings in money for the owners of the vehicles. The rise in demand for Renewable Energy sources, government incentives and regulations, and the expanding use of electric vehicles are major factors driving the market revenue growth.

The rising need for renewable energy sources is one of the major factors driving the Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) technology market revenue growth. Renewable energy sources including solar and wind power are gaining popularity as the globe moves towards a greener and more sustainable future. By enabling EVs to serve as Energy Storage devices, V2G technology enables more effective utilization of renewable energy sources. When renewable energy sources produce more energy than is required, the extra energy can be stored in Electric Vehicle batteries and delivered back to the grid when it's needed, eliminating the need for pricy and noxious fossil fuel power plants.

Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-free-sample/7435

Government restrictions and incentives are also driving the expansion of the V2G technology sector. Governments across the globe are providing tax credits and refunds as incentives for EV owners to take part in V2G programs. Regulations requiring the use of EVs in specific sectors, including public transit, are also raising demand for V2G technology.

The increasing adoption of electric vehicles is a key factor driving revenue growth of the Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) technology market. More individuals are switching from conventional gasoline-powered automobiles to electric vehicles as the cost of EVs continues to drop and their range expands. V2G technology offers EV owners additional advantages, such as lowering ownership costs by making money from extra energy storage.

However, the Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) technology market revenue growth also faces several difficulties. The absence of infrastructure to enable V2G technology is a significant obstacle. V2G technology is only supported by a small number of charging stations at the moment, which restricts the market revenue growth. In addition, V2G technology implementation costs can be high, which can discourage some car owners from taking part.

Competitive Landscape:

Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Tesla Inc.
BMW AG
Daimler AG
V2G Limited
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
Enel X
ChargePoint Inc.
ABB Ltd.
Groupe Renault

The global market is further segmented into type and application:

By Component Outlook
Vehicle
Communication Technology
Software

By Application Outlook
Grid to Vehicle (G2V)
Vehicle to Grid (V2G)

By Electric Vehicle Type Outlook
Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs)
Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs)
Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEVs)

Regional analysis provides insights into key trends and demands in each major country that can affect market growth in the region.

North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
Europe (Germany, U.K., Italy, France, BENELUX, Rest of Europe)
Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Rest of APAC)
Latin America (Brazil, Rest of LATAM)
Middle East Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of MEA)

To request customization of this report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/7435

Thank you for reading our report. We also offer customized report as per client requirement. Kindly connect with us to know more about customization plan and our team will offer you the altered report.

Browse More Reports:

Automotive Engineering Services Outsourcing Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/automotive-engineering-services-outsourcing-market

Automotive Exterior Materials Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/automotive-exterior-materials-market

Automotive 3D Mapping System Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/automotive-3d-mapping-system-market

Aerospace Defense C Class Parts Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/aerospace-defense-c-class-parts-market

Automotive Magnesium Alloy Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/automotive-magnesium-alloy-market

About Reports and Data

Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help clients make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.

Contact Us:

John W

(Head of Business Development)

Reports and Data | Web:www.reportsanddata.com

Direct Line:+1-212-710-1370

E-mail:sales@reportsanddata.com

Blogs|Press Release|Industry News|Our competencies

Browse MoreUpcoming Reports @https://www.reportsanddata.com/upcoming-reports

Browse More Latest Reports @https://www.reportsanddata.com/report

Vertical Social Mobility Market Trends, Revenue, Major Players, Share Analysis & Forecast Till 2032

ashinde
The Vertical Social Mobility market size was USD 6.45 Billion in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 44.7 Billion in 2032, and register a revenue CAGR of 24% during the forecast period. Demand and market revenue growth are being driven by rising demand for Vertical Social Mobility solutions across numerous end-use industries, including commercial, residential, healthcare, and hospitality. The demand for Vertical Social Mobility solutions is increasing as a result of the rapid growth of urbanization, which has increased the number of high-rise structures and skyscrapers.

Further raising the demand for Vertical Social Mobility solutions is the emergence of Smart Cities and smart buildings. Transportation that is secure and efficient, while also using less energy and improving user experience, is made possible by the integration of Vertical Social Mobility systems with Smart Building technology.

Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-free-sample/7443

The demand for environmentally friendly Vertical Social Mobility solutions is likewise driving market revenue growth. Manufacturers are being pushed to provide environmentally friendly and energy-efficient Vertical Social Mobility systems as a result of governments and organizations adopting green construction standards and laws. Using cutting-edge materials and technologies, such as regenerative braking and drives, minimizes carbon footprint while consuming less energy.

Over the projected period, government initiatives and regulations are expected to drive market revenue growth. For instance, the ‘Smart Cities Mission’ program, which the Indian government announced, intends to create 100 smart cities in India. The initiative's main goal is to create effective and sustainable transportation systems, including Vertical Social Mobility options.

Some challenges limiting revenue growth of the global Vertical Social Mobility market include high installation costs, improper maintenance, and safety issues. To guarantee the proper operation of Vertical Social Mobility systems and prevent accidents, frequent maintenance, and safety inspections are essential.

Competitive Landscape:

Boeing Company
Airbus SE
Volocopter GmbH
Ehang Inc.
Bell Textron Inc.
Lilium GmbH
Uber Technologies Inc.
Kitty Hawk
Joby Aviation
Vertical Aerospace
BlackFly

The global market is further segmented into type and application:

By Type Outlook
Elevators
Escalators
Moving Walkways