Re: Regarding Bar Code settings

BJ Freeman
look in specialpurpose/pos
look at the jpos.xml
and the source code
should give you enough info

Ajey sent the following on 2/24/2008 3:28 PM:

> Hi all,
>
> How can I perform all the Bar code settings for a particular product so that
> the entire details can be fetched with the help of their respective Bar
> Code. Also, how can we customize the format of Bar Codes?
>
> Please help me out, I don't know much about these Bar Codes.
>
> Thanx in advance,
> Ajey.

Re: Regarding Bar Code settings

Ajey
Thanx sir, but the jpos.xml is a bit difficult to understand. Can you plz refer me any link that can help me while understanding all these things. How I can perform customize configuration of Bar Codes and the stored information of a product can be fetched with its respective Bar Code. Plz send me a quicker reply.
BJ Freeman wrote
look in specialpurpose/pos look at the jpos.xml and the source code should give you enough info Ajey sent the following on 2/24/2008 3:28 PM: > Hi all, > > How can I perform all the Bar code settings for a particular product so that > the entire details can be fetched with the help of their respective Bar > Code. Also, how can we customize the format of Bar Codes? > > Please help me out, I don't know much about these Bar Codes. > > Thanx in advance, > Ajey.

Re: Regarding Bar Code settings

BJ Freeman
I suggest you go to the jpos group.
as far as customization I suggest you contract with someone on the list
to to-do the customization for you, if you can't get the information
from the code.

Ajey sent the following on 2/26/2008 2:59 PM:

> Thanx sir, but the jpos.xml is a bit difficult to understand. Can you plz
> refer me any link that can help me while understanding all these things. How
> I can perform customize configuration of Bar Codes and the stored
> information of a product can be fetched with its respective Bar Code. Plz
> send me a quicker reply.
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> look in specialpurpose/pos
>> look at the jpos.xml
>> and the source code
>> should give you enough info
>>
>> Ajey sent the following on 2/24/2008 3:28 PM:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> How can I perform all the Bar code settings for a particular product so
>>> that
>>> the entire details can be fetched with the help of their respective Bar
>>> Code. Also, how can we customize the format of Bar Codes?
>>>
>>> Please help me out, I don't know much about these Bar Codes.
>>>
>>> Thanx in advance,
>>> Ajey.

Re: Regarding Bar Code settings

Ajey
Hi, As I saw, OFBiz is not saving the details of any Bar Code in database. Then how can I manage the contents of a particular product based on its Bar Code generated by the application. Suppose that I created a Product and the application generated a unique Bar Code for it, now from where in our application we can access all the details (Name, description, price, features etc.) through its Bar Code. Like I need to access the information with the help of Bar Codes. How can I? Please help me.
BJ Freeman wrote