Slight modification to Entity Data Maintainance Screen (Suggested)

Slight modification to Entity Data Maintainance Screen (Suggested)

Enrique Ruibal
Hello,

When browsing through Entity Data Maintainance screen from Webtools
menu, I noticed it is really hard to read the entity list from its
current 2-column arrangement, you have to read it on a zig-zag order
wich is kind of difficult.

I noticed that a small change in EntityMaint.ftl makes this 2-column
dissapear and puts a 1-colum scroll down instead wich is a lot easier to
read in plain alphabetical order. Could it be possible that this change
is commited to trunk?

Here it is the lines that I changed, so you can try it on your own and
see if you think it is easier..

      -          <#if right_col>
      -           </tr>
      -            <#assign alt_row = !alt_row>
      -          </#if>
      -          <#assign right_col = !right_col>
              </#list>
              <#if right_col>
              </#if>

-Enrique

Re: Slight modification to Entity Data Maintainance Screen (Suggested)

-1 : personally I prefer 2 columns, sorry :o)

Jacques

From: "Enrique Ruibal A." <[hidden email]>

> Hello,
>
> When browsing through Entity Data Maintainance screen from Webtools
> menu, I noticed it is really hard to read the entity list from its
> current 2-column arrangement, you have to read it on a zig-zag order
> wich is kind of difficult.
>
> I noticed that a small change in EntityMaint.ftl makes this 2-column
> dissapear and puts a 1-colum scroll down instead wich is a lot easier to
> read in plain alphabetical order. Could it be possible that this change
> is commited to trunk?
>
> Here it is the lines that I changed, so you can try it on your own and
> see if you think it is easier..

>      -          <#if right_col>
>      -           </tr>
>      -            <#assign alt_row = !alt_row>
>      -          </#if>
>      -          <#assign right_col = !right_col>
>              </#list>
>              <#if right_col>
>              </#if>
>
> -Enrique

Re: Slight modification to Entity Data Maintainance Screen (Suggested)

Bilgin Ibryam
I use a wide screen monitor and also prefer 2 columns.
-1

Bilgin