Re: Tasks for a release

> On Jul 28, 2006, at 12:28 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> >> Okay, I think I see what you are saying. I'm not sure if I like the
> >> change though... If we do it for field-to-field we would really need
> >> to do it for field-to-env, env-to-field, and env-to-env. My hope for
> >> those fields is to get them totally removed from the simple-method
> >> language. They are already "deprecated" and you'll get log warnings
> >> if you use them. They are really old and stem from the days before
> >> the FlexibleStringExpander and FlexibleMapAccessor were implemented.
> >
> > In this spirit it may me good that everybody seing these deprecated
> > warning change these calls for set calls. This will clear the
> > log a littlle bit
>
> Yes, definitely.
>
> -David

I did one, please see ASF OFBIZ-90, thanks

Re: Tasks for a release

David,

I think in most languages, even if a structure is deprecated, they
would still support bug fixes and what not.

In general regarding releases,

1.  I agree we should fix the Derby/PostgreSQL issue.  Did you have a
chance to look at it?  If not we'll try to get to it at some point.

2.  I agree that maintaining stable-feature releases would be more
work, but that's something I'm willing to help with.  I don't want to
impose too much additional burden on everybody else.  I think if we
could just all share more information about what we're working on,
that'd  be great.

Si

On Jul 27, 2006, at 11:28 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
>

>> Okay, I think I see what you are saying. I'm not sure if I like the
>> change though... If we do it for field-to-field we would really need
>> to do it for field-to-env, env-to-field, and env-to-env. My hope for
>> those fields is to get them totally removed from the simple-method
>> language. They are already "deprecated" and you'll get log warnings
>> if you use them. They are really old and stem from the days before
>> the FlexibleStringExpander and FlexibleMapAccessor were implemented.
>
> In this spirit it may me good that everybody seing these deprecated
> warning change these calls for set calls. This will clear the
> log a littlle bit
>
> TIA
>
> Jacques
>
>> I may be missing something though... If there is a reason I'm missing
>> why we really can't let this dead dog lie, please let me know.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Jul 27, 2006, at 2:35 PM, Si Chen wrote:
>>
>>> The particular issue is marked as resolved by re-writing the
>>> service in question, but the patch for field-to-field typecasting
>>> was never put back into minilang, so other services would break.
>>>
>>> Si

Re: Tasks for a release

David E Jones-2

On Jul 31, 2006, at 10:39 AM, Si Chen wrote:

> In general regarding releases,
>
> 1.  I agree we should fix the Derby/PostgreSQL issue.  Did you have
> a chance to look at it?  If not we'll try to get to it at some point.

This should now be fixed...