Re: Users - How does thread synchronization work in storeOrder service?

Re: Users - How does thread synchronization work in storeOrder service?

David E. Jones

It's data level synchronization though, it's not thread sync'ing. This is pretty basic low-level Java and database stuff and there are quite a few good resources in the world if you want more information.

I imagine things are actually _very_ similar with .net and many other technologies that support threading and transactions.

-David

Vinay Agarwal wrote:

> I am using PostgreSQL with isolation level defined to be ReadCommitted. Does
> this mean, without having to go through a lot of documentation, that if I
> want thread synchronization, all I have to do is to start a transaction?
>
> Regards,
> Vinay Agarwal

Thanks David. This is my first time with 3-tier apps and I got lots to
learn.
Vinay