Users - How does thread synchronization work in storeOrder service?

Users - How does thread synchronization work in storeOrder service?

Vinay Agarwal

Hello,

How does the thread synchronization work in storeOrder service? This function is creating entities to mark used days for rental items, therefore, somehow it must be thread synchronized. Is there only one instance of this service at any time?

Thanks in advance,

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - How does thread synchronization work in storeOrder service?

David E. Jones

That data is going to the database and transaction management is done there. The transaction isolation level (see SQL or JTA references for details on what these mean) can be defined in the entityengine.xml file, subject (of course) to what the database supports.

-David

Vinay Agarwal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How does the thread synchronization work in storeOrder service? This
> function is creating entities to mark used days for rental items,
> therefore, somehow it must be thread synchronized. Is there only one
> instance of this service at any time?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - How does thread synchronization work in storeOrder service?

Vinay Agarwal
I am using PostgreSQL with isolation level defined to be ReadCommitted. Does
this mean, without having to go through a lot of documentation, that if I
want thread synchronization, all I have to do is to start a transaction?

Regards,
Vinay Agarwal