Re: Users - Users - Webtools Import error when content contains

Re: Users - Users - Webtools Import error when content contains

oceatoon

Hi Al

Here's a bit more information about the import problem with accents.

have you had the chance to take a look ?

any xml document imported with "é" , returns

ERROR: java.io.CharConversionException: Invalid UTF-8 Encoding

Got -1 entities to write to the datasource.

any xml document imported with "&eacute" returns

ERROR: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: '#' expected

Got -1 entities to write to the datasource.

But it works fine with hexadecimals "é" which is quite problematic for the clients texts.

Hope this helps
Best Reagrds
Tibor

Re: Users - Users - Webtools Import error when content contains

Jacopo Cappellato
Hmmm...

I cannot really help you but, you should use "é" instead of
"&eacute".

Jacopo

tibor katelbach wrote:

> Hi Al
>
> Here's a bit more information about the import problem with accents.
>
> have you had the chance to take a look ?
>

> any xml document imported with "é" , returns
>
> ERROR: java.io.CharConversionException: Invalid UTF-8 Encoding
>
> Got -1 entities to write to the datasource.
>

> any xml document imported with "&eacute" returns
>
> ERROR: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: '#' expected
>
> Got -1 entities to write to the datasource.
>

> But it works fine with hexadecimals "é" which is quite problematic
> for the clients texts.
>
> Hope this helps
> Best Reagrds
> Tibor

Re: Users - Users - Webtools Import error when content contains

oceatoon
sorry I forgot the comma, but that's what I tried, and that's what returned the errors ?.

On 3/27/06, Jacopo Cappellato <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hmmm...

I cannot really help you but, you should use "&eacute;" instead of
"&eacute".

Jacopo

tibor katelbach wrote:

> Hi Al
>
> Here's a bit more information about the import problem with accents.
>
> have you had the chance to take a look ?
>

> any xml document imported with "é" , returns
>
> ERROR: java.io.CharConversionException: Invalid UTF-8 Encoding
>
> Got -1 entities to write to the datasource.
>

> any xml document imported with "&eacute" returns
>
> ERROR: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: '#' expected
>
> Got -1 entities to write to the datasource.
>

> But it works fine with hexadecimals "&#233;" which is quite problematic
> for the clients texts.
>
> Hope this helps
> Best Reagrds
> Tibor

Re: Users - Users - Webtools Import error when content contains

Ray Barlow
Make sure the file is defined as UTF-8 encoding opening with:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8?">
  <entity-engine-xml>

Also using something like jEdit you can see under buffer options whether
the file encoding is correctly set to UTF-8, probably other tools that
do it but this is the only one that comes to mind. It's over a year and
half since I did lingual importing but it did work with both French and
German with data pulled from Excel in to "ofbiz entity" XML files that
were then imported.

I did have some initial difficulties but can't remember off the top of
my head whether I had to make source changes or not! I did just find
this using google and it may still be true for the import text box
rather than the file import:
  http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/users/2004-October/005394.html

Ray