Re: Users - looking at Ofbiz

Nguyen Minh Triet
Hi,

Thank you for the answers.

1. I tried what you suggested and it works. I am wondering if the same
principle is/can be applied on a catalogue instead of a particular
product?

2 and 4. For the user group and security. Can you give me starting point
that will help me understand how to implement these functionalities?

3. For the product type (Digital Good). Can you describe the different
steps to create a downloadable product (PDF or HTML)? I tried doing it
and I am getting errors (I am probably missing some prerequisite
knowledge of the structure of a product and its digital content). I am
looking to be able to create the digital good and to be able to download
it from the ecommerce application.

Thanks,
Minh
------------
Message: 6
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 10:15:21 +0000
From: Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [OFBiz] Users - looking at Ofbiz
To: OFBiz Users / Usage Discussion <[hidden email]>

Minh,

> 1. Create a product in a category but set it as INACTIVE (so we don't
> see it in the client WebSite). I see that there is a way to filter out
> ACTIVE versus ACTIVE AND INACTIVE but have yet to find a way to set
this
> attribute.

ACTIVE and INACTIVE refers to the "from" and "thru" dates for the
product-->category association. By setting a "from" greater than the
current time, or a "thru" before the current time, your product will be
considered INACTIVE.

> 2. Can I create a Group of users. For example, the master user would
pay
> for the product to which a list of users would have access.
You can, though you'd have to do a little modification yourself to make
it happen.

> 3. Digital products. Can I create a digital product that the user can
> buy and download?
Yes, see the "product type" setting.

> 4. User security can be achieved by the usual Login and password but
is
> there currently a way to apply security rules based on IP address?
This would take a little work on your part but shouldn't be too
difficult.

> 5.Are there any features that allow for subscription? A user would
have
> access to X number of products for Y period of time upon purchase of a
> subscription?
Yes, this will become more apparent as you look into the digital good
thing.

> 6. Billing and receipts. What is required to do to implement this?
There's pretty significant stuff in this area already, so it really
depends what you need.

Good luck with it all.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 08:11:58 -0800
From: Si Chen <[hidden email]>
To: OFBiz Users / Usage Discussion <[hidden email]>

Minh,

>>6. Billing and receipts. What is required to do to implement this?
>>

>There's pretty significant stuff in this area already, so it really
depends what you need.

There is a general ledger with invoice and payment management for OFBIZ
now, see: http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/accounting.php

Re: Users - looking at Ofbiz

Si Chen-2

Nguyen Minh Triet wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Thank you for the answers.
>
>1. I tried what you suggested and it works. I am wondering if the same
>principle is/can be applied on a catalogue instead of a particular
>product?
>
>2 and 4. For the user group and security. Can you give me starting point
>that will help me understand how to implement these functionalities?

Look in applications/party/data/PartySecurityData.xml.  We recently
re-factored it with more granular permissions, so it should give you a
good idea of how to implement security data.

Then look at the tutorial on security in
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/tutorials.php