Recommended POS Hardware

ian tabangay
Hi. Can anyone suggest POS Hardware (printers, barcode scanners,
cashdrawers, etc) that works with the current POS system of obiz? Thanks a
lot!

~ ian

Re: Recommended POS Hardware

Iain Fogg
Ian,

We use a Zebra TLP2824 receipt printer with a generic brand cashdrawer
plugged in. Can't remember the brand of barcode scanner, but I don't
think POS cares too much about it (just a stream of alphanums as far as
it is concerned). We also use a touchscreen (LG, I think), but again,
POS is pretty agnostic and just interprets touch screen inputs as an
event stream (ie, we don't configure the screen in POS anywhere).

Basically, we've found POS doesn't complain about the input devices and
cash drawer, and the printer just needs a bit of config to get up and
running - I found the samples enough to point me in the right direction.

Hope this helps/reassures.

Cheers, Iain with an extra I

ian tabangay wrote:

> Hi. Can anyone suggest POS Hardware (printers, barcode scanners,
> cashdrawers, etc) that works with the current POS system of obiz? Thanks a
> lot!
>

> ~ ian

Re: Recommended POS Hardware

You may use what is already tested : http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/POS+System#POSSystem-TriedandTestedhardware:

Jacques

From: "ian tabangay" <[hidden email]>
> Hi. Can anyone suggest POS Hardware (printers, barcode scanners,
> cashdrawers, etc) that works with the current POS system of obiz? Thanks a
> lot!
>

> ~ ian

Re: Recommended POS Hardware

ian tabangay
Iain (with an extra I),

I see. So thats why only printers were mentioned on the documentation.
Thanks for sharing. Now I can buy the hardware with a little more
confidence.

~ ian