Relation type in SecurityGroupPermission entity

Relation type in SecurityGroupPermission entity

deepak nigam-2
Hi Folks,

In the definition of 'SecurityGroupPermission' entity, the relation type
with 'SecurityPermission' entity is 'one-nofk'. Hence the system is
allowing to use the permissions not defined anywhere. (ex.
ORDERMGR_CRQ_ADMIN/ORDERMGR_CRQ_UPDATE).
Do we have any use case for this type of relation?

IMO, here the relation type should be 'one' here to maintain
the referential integrity. WDYT?

Thanks & Regards
Deepak Nigam
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.

Re: Relation type in SecurityGroupPermission entity

Julien NICOLAS
+1

Le 22/09/2018 à 14:15, Deepak Nigam a écrit :
> IMO, here the relation type should be 'one' here to maintain
> the referential integrity. WDYT?

Re: Relation type in SecurityGroupPermission entity

+1

Jacques

Le 24/09/2018 à 08:28, Julien NICOLAS a écrit :
> +1
>

> Le 22/09/2018 à 14:15, Deepak Nigam a écrit :
>> IMO, here the relation type should be 'one' here to maintain
>> the referential integrity. WDYT?

Re: Relation type in SecurityGroupPermission entity

Deepak Dixit-4
It looks good to have one FK relationship while reviewing entity def found
following description. This is by design before proceeding we need to check
this.

"Defines a permission available to a security group; there is no FK to
SecurityPermission because we want to leave open the possibility of ad-hoc
permissions, especially for the Entity Data Maintenance pages which have
TONS of permissions"

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit

> +1
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 24/09/2018 à 08:28, Julien NICOLAS a écrit :
>
>> +1
>>

>> Le 22/09/2018 à 14:15, Deepak Nigam a écrit :
>>
>>> IMO, here the relation type should be 'one' here to maintain
>>> the referential integrity. WDYT?

Re: Relation type in SecurityGroupPermission entity

Indeed, thanks Deepak

This is from pre Apache era by David.

I finally see no harm keeping it as is.

Jacques