Render table rows from pulled data

james_sg
Hi all,

Currently, form / table data is being rendered together with the form widgets. To better facilitate the use of Single Page or Mobile Application in the future, it would be better to let the form widgets pull data from the server instead.

Any suggestion on how i can better implement this feature. Thanks.

Regards,
James Yong

Re: Render table rows from pulled data

Nicolas Malin-2
Hello james, the better way for me would be create a screenjson or
something like that who parse the form to json format.

Nicolas

Le 10/03/2017 à 13:45, james_sg a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> Currently, form / table data is being rendered together with the form
> widgets. To better facilitate the use of Single Page or Mobile Application
> in the future, it would be better to let the form widgets pull data from the
> server instead.
>
> Any suggestion on how i can better implement this feature. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> James Yong

Re: Render table rows from pulled data

james_sg
Hi Nicolas,

Do you mean a json renderer to be used by forms as discussed at https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/OFBIZ-6967 ?

Regards,
James Yong

Nicolas Malin-2 wrote
Hello james, the better way for me would be create a screenjson or
something like that who parse the form to json format.

Nicolas

Le 10/03/2017 à 13:45, james_sg a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> Currently, form / table data is being rendered together with the form
> widgets. To better facilitate the use of Single Page or Mobile Application
> in the future, it would be better to let the form widgets pull data from the
> server instead.
>
> Any suggestion on how i can better implement this feature. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> James Yong

Re: Render table rows from pulled data

Pierre Smits
Hi James,

Such functionality is already available in the feature set of OFBiz, even
if it is not shown in the demo applications. You can on form widget level
retrieve data through services, in Freemarker templates, and even in
javascript functions in onload events after the initial rendering has been
completed.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 1:45 PM, james_sg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently, form / table data is being rendered together with the form
> widgets. To better facilitate the use of Single Page or Mobile Application
> in the future, it would be better to let the form widgets pull data from
> the
> server instead.
>
> Any suggestion on how i can better implement this feature. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> James Yong

Re: Render table rows from pulled data

Pierre Smits
Nicolas,

That can be achieved through services.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 2:17 PM, Nicolas Malin <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello james, the better way for me would be create a screenjson or
> something like that who parse the form to json format.
>
> Nicolas
>

> Le 10/03/2017 à 13:45, james_sg a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Currently, form / table data is being rendered together with the form
>> widgets. To better facilitate the use of Single Page or Mobile Application
>> in the future, it would be better to let the form widgets pull data from
>> the
>> server instead.
>>
>> Any suggestion on how i can better implement this feature. Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> James Yong

Re: Render table rows from pulled data

james yong
Thanks Pierre. I will take a look into it.

Regards,
James Yong

Pierre Smits wrote
Hi James,

Such functionality is already available in the feature set of OFBiz, even
if it is not shown in the demo applications. You can on form widget level
retrieve data through services, in Freemarker templates, and even in
javascript functions in onload events after the initial rendering has been
completed.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 1:45 PM, james_sg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently, form / table data is being rendered together with the form
> widgets. To better facilitate the use of Single Page or Mobile Application
> in the future, it would be better to let the form widgets pull data from
> the
> server instead.
>
> Any suggestion on how i can better implement this feature. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> James Yong

Re: Render table rows from pulled data

james yong
Hi all,

I have created an issue for it. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9258.
Also uploaded a simple POC patch for anyone who has the time to look into it.

Thanks,
James Yong