Restrict user from receiving payment?

Balaji Sundar
Hello,

I have a sales manager  - who can create sales order, send order for shipping queue. But he must no be able to receive any payments.

Currently, when he creates an order, a "Receive Payment" link appears in the payment section of the order page. But i want this to be hidden for this sales manager. How can it be done?

If i give ORDERMGR_UPDATE to sales manager, he will be able to approve, ship and receive payment.
I want him to have approve and ship permissions only.

How can i achive this?

Re: Restrict user from receiving payment?

BJ Freeman
Create a New Group like ORDERMGR_LTD the add the ORDERMGR permissions to
 it that you want the person to have. Remove the ORDERMGR and give them
ORDERMGR_LTD

Balaji Sundar sent the following on 8/13/2008 12:39 AM:

> Hello,
>
> I have a sales manager  - who can create sales order, send order for
> shipping queue. But he must no be able to receive any payments.
>
> Currently, when he creates an order, a "Receive Payment" link appears in the
> payment section of the order page. But i want this to be hidden for this
> sales manager. How can it be done?
>
> If i give ORDERMGR_UPDATE to sales manager, he will be able to approve, ship
> and receive payment.
> I want him to have approve and ship permissions only.
>
> How can i achive this?

Re: Restrict user from receiving payment?

Balaji Sundar
You mean i have to create a permission group ordermgr_ltd.

What permission should it have- the drop down for permissions gives me the following for ordermgr:

ORDERMGR_4C_CREATE
ORDERMGR_4C_UPDATE
ORDERMGR_ADMIN
ORDERMGR_CREATE