Return To Vendor

masionas
Hi Guys,

I have an error when I try to create Return to Vendor. It says:
The Following Errors Occurred:

Error: a return must be to a party in the role of internal organization

WHy is that? It looks logical to be that way if we have Return From Customer, then we return it to our company which is internal organization. But why vendor would be internal organization?

Thank you for any clarifications.

Re: Return To Vendor

BJ Freeman
the code was written to return items to the company.
you have to write new code to ask a supplier for an RMA
and returns to them
it gets more tricky if you use a dropshipper.

masionas sent the following on 11/13/2008 1:19 PM:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have an error when I try to create Return to Vendor. It says:
> The Following Errors Occurred:
>
> Error: a return must be to a party in the role of internal organization
>
> WHy is that? It looks logical to be that way if we have Return From
> Customer, then we return it to our company which is internal organization.
> But why vendor would be internal organization?
>
> Thank you for any clarifications.

Re: Return To Vendor

clarification:
Vendor is someone that buys from you
supplier is someone you buy from

masionas sent the following on 11/13/2008 1:19 PM:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have an error when I try to create Return to Vendor. It says:
> The Following Errors Occurred:
>
> Error: a return must be to a party in the role of internal organization
>
> WHy is that? It looks logical to be that way if we have Return From
> Customer, then we return it to our company which is internal organization.
> But why vendor would be internal organization?
>
> Thank you for any clarifications.

Re: Return To Vendor

David E Jones-3

Um... usually in OFBiz "Vendor" refers to anyone that sells anything,
including the company running OFBiz and all of its suppliers.

A "Supplier" is someone you buy from, that's correct.

A "Customer" is someone that buys from you.

-David

On Nov 13, 2008, at 9:57 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> clarification:
> Vendor is someone that buys from you
> supplier is someone you buy from
>

> masionas sent the following on 11/13/2008 1:19 PM:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I have an error when I try to create Return to Vendor. It says:
>> The Following Errors Occurred:
>>
>> Error: a return must be to a party in the role of internal
>> organization
>>
>> WHy is that? It looks logical to be that way if we have Return From
>> Customer, then we return it to our company which is internal
>> organization.
>> But why vendor would be internal organization?
>>
>> Thank you for any clarifications.

Re: Return To Vendor

BJ Freeman
LOL, I thought that was the definition for a vendor, you gave a while ago.
thanks for the correction.

David E Jones sent the following on 11/13/2008 8:12 PM:

> Um... usually in OFBiz "Vendor" refers to anyone that sells anything,
> including the company running OFBiz and all of its suppliers.
>
> A "Supplier" is someone you buy from, that's correct.
>
> A "Customer" is someone that buys from you.
>
> -David
>
> On Nov 13, 2008, at 9:57 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> clarification:
>> Vendor is someone that buys from you
>> supplier is someone you buy from
>>

>> masionas sent the following on 11/13/2008 1:19 PM:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> I have an error when I try to create Return to Vendor. It says:
>>> The Following Errors Occurred:
>>>
>>> Error: a return must be to a party in the role of internal organization
>>>
>>> WHy is that? It looks logical to be that way if we have Return From
>>> Customer, then we return it to our company which is internal
>>> organization.
>>> But why vendor would be internal organization?
>>>
>>> Thank you for any clarifications.

Re: Return To Vendor

masionas
Thank you guys for the responses.

Actually I treat the vendor and supplier  the same way. In my case these are the companies we buy from, in order to sell it further to the customers. So when customer makes a return of the order we initiate the return to the supplier. But I am still not sure if it is needed to require INTERNAL_ORGANIZATION role for supplier/vendor party? The are outbound organizations I think?

Re: Return To Vendor

masionas
We do not use dropship as for the moment.
So I was in the hope to use the current return mechanism with the diffrence from customer is that partyIdFrom is 'Company' and partyIdTo is the supplier partyId. Also returnHeaderTypeId becomes 'VENDOR_RETURN'. We also have a screen where we input rma number.

BJ Freeman wrote
the code was written to return items to the company.
you have to write new code to ask a supplier for an RMA
and returns to them
it gets more tricky if you use a dropshipper.

masionas sent the following on 11/13/2008 1:19 PM:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have an error when I try to create Return to Vendor. It says:
> The Following Errors Occurred:
>
> Error: a return must be to a party in the role of internal organization
>
> WHy is that? It looks logical to be that way if we have Return From
> Customer, then we return it to our company which is internal organization.
> But why vendor would be internal organization?
>
> Thank you for any clarifications.

Re: Return To Vendor

Vikas Mayur-3
Testing steps posted on jira issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1893
  could help.

Vikas

On Nov 14, 2008, at 5:10 PM, masionas wrote:

> Thank you guys for the responses.
>
> Actually I treat the vendor and supplier  the same way. In my case
> these are
> the companies we buy from, in order to sell it further to the
> customers. So
> when customer makes a return of the order we initiate the return to
> the
> supplier. But I am still not sure if it is needed to require
> INTERNAL_ORGANIZATION role for supplier/vendor party? The are outbound
> organizations I think?

Re: Return To Vendor

masionas
Hi Vikas,

As I understand this patch applies for drop ships? Because, the return header type still says "CUSTOMER_RETURN" and on return items screen the "ship from" address is the customer's address and not our company's one.

So I guess the only difference from regular customer return is that customer returns not to our company but directly to supplier?

Vikas Mayur-3 wrote
Testing steps posted on jira issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1893
  could help.

Vikas

On Nov 14, 2008, at 5:10 PM, masionas wrote:

> Thank you guys for the responses.
>
> Actually I treat the vendor and supplier  the same way. In my case
> these are
> the companies we buy from, in order to sell it further to the
> customers. So
> when customer makes a return of the order we initiate the return to
> the
> supplier. But I am still not sure if it is needed to require
> INTERNAL_ORGANIZATION role for supplier/vendor party? The are outbound
> organizations I think?

Re: Return To Vendor

masionas
Okay. I see in new version the role type id requirement was changed from 'INTERNAL_ORGANIZAITIO' to 'SUPPLIER'. So now it does not give error when I try to use 'RETURN_TO_VENDOR' header type id.
Thanks.

masionas wrote