Roles

Rees Watkins
Hi

There are 99 different roles in the system. Does anyone have any notes on any of them? I am finding it difficult to work out which role is appropriate and the effect they have on the system behavior.

Kind regards
Rees

Not happy with your email address?.

Re: Roles

Yes I agree, some parts of OFBiz definitively lack of documentation. The problems is that everybody wants documentation but few are
doing it... It's true that our inclination is more to create thant to document

A read something I found interesting long time ago. I'm not sure of its real value but I will try to quickly share it with you. It
happens that most of the Nobel Prizes are elder brothers/sisters. Most of elders reproduce more the schema they lives in (actually
often they are also influenced by the dominant person of the family :  their father or mother) than their youngers. One of this
behaviour is to collect, sort and put away as he/her see his/her parents doing (else how a family can live in a house?). And this
study claimed that most of the work of a Nobel Prize is not to discover but to compile and make understandable others works (don't
this remember some of your professors's behaviour ;o) . Of course this is not scientific and I did not check deeply, but you can
check around you, it's easy ;o)

So we need some elder minded persons (even if they are not really elders :o)

Thanks for you time

Jacques

From: "Rees Watkins" <[hidden email]>
Hi

There are 99 different roles in the system. Does anyone have any notes on any of them? I am finding it difficult to work out which
role is appropriate and the effect they have on the system behavior.

Kind regards
Rees

Re: Roles

I made an excel sheet when I first started.
you can
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=RoleTypeAndParty&find=true&VIEW_SIZE=50&VIEW_INDEX=0
lets you see the party and the roles they have.
you can then search the code (java, xml, ftls) for the roleTypeId to see
how they are used, if at all.
using the relationship for RoleType
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/ViewRelations?entityName=RoleType
you can see how it is tied into the system.

Rees Watkins sent the following on 8/2/2008 1:44 PM:

> Hi
>
> There are 99 different roles in the system. Does anyone have any notes on any of them? I am finding it difficult to work out which role is appropriate and the effect they have on the system behavior.
>
> Kind regards
> Rees
>

>       __________________________________________________________
> Not happy with your email address?.
> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html

Re: Roles

BJ Freeman
also if you go into
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/ArtifactInfo
and type role it will show you the entities associated by it.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 8/2/2008 2:41 PM:

> I made an excel sheet when I first started.
> you can
> https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=RoleTypeAndParty&find=true&VIEW_SIZE=50&VIEW_INDEX=0
> lets you see the party and the roles they have.
> you can then search the code (java, xml, ftls) for the roleTypeId to see
> how they are used, if at all.
> using the relationship for RoleType
> https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/ViewRelations?entityName=RoleType
> you can see how it is tied into the system.
>
> Rees Watkins sent the following on 8/2/2008 1:44 PM:
>> Hi
>>
>> There are 99 different roles in the system. Does anyone have any notes on any of them? I am finding it difficult to work out which role is appropriate and the effect they have on the system behavior.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Rees

>> Not happy with your email address?.
>> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html

Re: Roles

bump this up for current discussion

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 8/2/2008 2:40 PM:

I was sure it will be helpful :p

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>