Sales Agreements and eCommerce

Jacopo Cappellato-4
Using the backend order entry application ("order" component), when
the user inits a sales order, if there is a sales agreement in place
between the company and the customer, then OFBiz displays a drop down
box that the user can use to select the agreement for the order. If
the agreement is selected, then it will be associated to the cart/
order (for example the terms from the agreement are associated by
default to the terms of the order, and also the prices, if defined in
the agreement, will override the default product prices).
I would like to extend this to the eCommerce application: when the
customer enters the user/password in the ecommerce site, the system
will check if there are agreements in place and if they are found:
a) automatically set one agreement (if there are many, just use the
first one?) in the session/cart OR
b) display a drop down box similar to the one of the order component OR
c) if there is more than one agreement display a drop down box similar
to the one of the order component but force the user to select at
least one; if there is just one agreement, notify the user that the
agreement will be used

What do you think about this stuff? My preference would be to
implement #c (or similar).

I'd like some feedback from you.

Re: Sales Agreements and eCommerce

David E Jones

This is a good idea, and an easy way to improve ecommerce with mostly
existing functionality.

I like #c personally... the most flexible and transparent/visible to
the customer.

-David

On May 15, 2008, at 11:21 PM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Using the backend order entry application ("order" component), when
> the user inits a sales order, if there is a sales agreement in place
> between the company and the customer, then OFBiz displays a drop
> down box that the user can use to select the agreement for the
> order. If the agreement is selected, then it will be associated to
> the cart/order (for example the terms from the agreement are
> associated by default to the terms of the order, and also the
> prices, if defined in the agreement, will override the default
> product prices).
> I would like to extend this to the eCommerce application: when the
> customer enters the user/password in the ecommerce site, the system
> will check if there are agreements in place and if they are found:
> a) automatically set one agreement (if there are many, just use the
> first one?) in the session/cart OR
> b) display a drop down box similar to the one of the order component
> OR
> c) if there is more than one agreement display a drop down box
> similar to the one of the order component but force the user to
> select at least one; if there is just one agreement, notify the user
> that the agreement will be used
>
> What do you think about this stuff? My preference would be to
> implement #c (or similar).
>
> I'd like some feedback from you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacopo