"Script not responding" on service reference/Webtools

"Script not responding" on service reference/Webtools

David Shere
I get an error message when loading or reloading the Service Reference
and Job List page under web tools:

http://raptor.davidshere.com/scriptError.png

It says that a script on the page is busy or not responding.  I've tried
it with a newly checked out version with no modifications, with both
firefox and IE6.  It crashes IE6.

Anyone else finding this?  Should I create a JIRA?
--
David Shere
Information Technology Services
www.SteeleRubber.com

Re: "Script not responding" on service reference/Webtools

Andrew Sykes
David,

Yes, I've seen this once so far today too.

- Andrew

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 12:03 -0500, David Shere wrote:

> I get an error message when loading or reloading the Service Reference
> and Job List page under web tools:
>
> http://raptor.davidshere.com/scriptError.png
>
> It says that a script on the page is busy or not responding.  I've tried
> it with a newly checked out version with no modifications, with both
> firefox and IE6.  It crashes IE6.
>
> Anyone else finding this?  Should I create a JIRA?
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: "Script not responding" on service reference/Webtools

Adrian Crum
I see it too.

If you use the alphabet links at the top of the page, then there are no errors.
Might have something to do with the complete list of services taking too long to
display.

Adrian Crum wrote:
> Might have something to do with the complete list of services
> taking too long to display.

Possibly, but it crashed IE6 for several minutes, and on Firefox, the
error message goes away only if I click "stop script".  I can click
"Continue" several times and still get the error.

www.SteeleRubber.com

Re: "Script not responding" on service reference/Webtools

Adrian Crum
When I keep clicking continue, the page finally finishes.

David Shere wrote:

> Adrian Crum wrote:
>
>> Might have something to do with the complete list of services taking
>> too long to display.
>

> Possibly, but it crashed IE6 for several minutes, and on Firefox, the
> error message goes away only if I click "stop script".  I can click
> "Continue" several times and still get the error.

Re: "Script not responding" on service reference/Webtools

David Shere
I'm now also seeing this error on the EntitySQLProcessor page.

David Shere wrote:
> Adrian Crum wrote:
>> Might have something to do with the complete list of services taking
>> too long to display.
>
> Possibly, but it crashed IE6 for several minutes, and on Firefox, the
> error message goes away only if I click "stop script".  I can click
> "Continue" several times and still get the error.

--
David Shere
Information Technology Services
Steele Rubber Products
www.SteeleRubber.com

Re: "Script not responding" on service reference/Webtools

David E Jones

This is a bit of a reach, and I haven't tested it, but if this is
just showing up now it may be related to the DOJO stuff added yesterday.

Anyway, I see that the dojo.js file is added to the general
javascript file lists, and we should probably change the practice to
only include it in specific screens that use it.

Side note/thought: this thread might fit better on the dev list, but
it's fine here.

-David

On Feb 20, 2007, at 11:06 AM, David Shere wrote:

> I'm now also seeing this error on the EntitySQLProcessor page.
>
> David Shere wrote:
>> Adrian Crum wrote:
>>> Might have something to do with the complete list of services
>>> taking too long to display.
>> Possibly, but it crashed IE6 for several minutes, and on Firefox,
>> the error message goes away only if I click "stop script".  I can
>> click "Continue" several times and still get the error.
>
> --
> David Shere
> Information Technology Services
> Steele Rubber Products
> www.SteeleRubber.com

Re: "Script not responding" on service reference/Webtools

Adrian Crum
David,

That was a good guess. I commented out the DoJo javascript and now the problem
is gone.

David E. Jones wrote:

> This is a bit of a reach, and I haven't tested it, but if this is  just
> showing up now it may be related to the DOJO stuff added yesterday.
>
> Anyway, I see that the dojo.js file is added to the general  javascript
> file lists, and we should probably change the practice to  only include
> it in specific screens that use it.
>
> Side note/thought: this thread might fit better on the dev list, but
> it's fine here.
>
> -David
>
> On Feb 20, 2007, at 11:06 AM, David Shere wrote:
>
>> I'm now also seeing this error on the EntitySQLProcessor page.
>>
>> David Shere wrote:

>>> Possibly, but it crashed IE6 for several minutes, and on Firefox,
>>> the error message goes away only if I click "stop script".  I can
>>> click "Continue" several times and still get the error.
>>

>> --
>> David Shere
>> Information Technology Services
>> Steele Rubber Products
>> www.SteeleRubber.com

Re: "Script not responding" on service reference/Webtools

cjhowe
Like so?

--- "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is a bit of a reach, and I haven't tested it, but if this is
> just showing up now it may be related to the DOJO stuff added
> yesterday.
>
> Anyway, I see that the dojo.js file is added to the general
> javascript file lists, and we should probably change the practice to
>
> only include it in specific screens that use it.
>
> Side note/thought: this thread might fit better on the dev list, but
>
> it's fine here.
>
> -David
>
> On Feb 20, 2007, at 11:06 AM, David Shere wrote:
>
> > I'm now also seeing this error on the EntitySQLProcessor page.
> >
> > David Shere wrote:
> >> Possibly, but it crashed IE6 for several minutes, and on Firefox,
>
> >> the error message goes away only if I click "stop script".  I can
>
> >> click "Continue" several times and still get the error.
> >
> > --
> > David Shere
> > Information Technology Services
> > Steele Rubber Products
> > www.SteeleRubber.com

Re: "Script not responding" on service reference/Webtools

Walter Vaughan
David E. Jones wrote:

> This is a bit of a reach, and I haven't tested it, but if this is
> just showing up now it may be related to the DOJO stuff added yesterday.
>
> Anyway, I see that the dojo.js file is added to the general
> javascript file lists, and we should probably change the practice to
> only include it in specific screens that use it.

No, It's dojo.js that's inside ../images/dojo that Firefox's Firebug
appears to point  to be the culprit.
I could be wrong, thus...

followup set to dev list...
Walter

Re: "Script not responding" on service reference/Webtools

David E Jones

Not really, much simpler, see SVN rev 509719.

-David

On Feb 20, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Chris Howe wrote:

> Like so?

> --- "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> This is a bit of a reach, and I haven't tested it, but if this is
>> just showing up now it may be related to the DOJO stuff added
>> yesterday.
>>
>> Anyway, I see that the dojo.js file is added to the general
>> javascript file lists, and we should probably change the practice to
>>
>> only include it in specific screens that use it.
>>
>> Side note/thought: this thread might fit better on the dev list, but
>>
>> it's fine here.
>>
>> -David
>>
>> On Feb 20, 2007, at 11:06 AM, David Shere wrote:
>>
>>> I'm now also seeing this error on the EntitySQLProcessor page.

>>> --
>>> David Shere
>>> Information Technology Services
>>> Steele Rubber Products
>>> www.SteeleRubber.com

Re: "Script not responding" on service reference/Webtools

cjhowe
If I remember correctly, dojo's default debug behavior is set to true,
which is the reason why OFBIZ-411 isn't as simple a solution as the one
provided in rev 509719.  The debug behavior is a contender for what's
causing the issue to begin with.  In addition dojo's framework lends
better to the additional code written for the dojo.require() syntax.

--- "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not really, much simpler, see SVN rev 509719.
>
> -David
>

> On Feb 20, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Chris Howe wrote:
>
> > Like so?
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-411
> >
> > --- "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >> This is a bit of a reach, and I haven't tested it, but if this is
> >> just showing up now it may be related to the DOJO stuff added
> >> yesterday.
> >>
> >> Anyway, I see that the dojo.js file is added to the general
> >> javascript file lists, and we should probably change the practice
> >>
> >> only include it in specific screens that use it.
> >>
> >> Side note/thought: this thread might fit better on the dev list,
> but
> >>
> >> it's fine here.
> >>
> >> -David

> Firefox,

> can

Re: "Script not responding" on service reference/Webtools

David Shere
I brought this up in the ML because initially I was unsure if it was a
real bug or something that was foobared on my machine.

David, SVN rev 509719 seems to fix this.  I don't know if I'm confirming
that after testing it or asking you if that's what you intended. :)