Sequence on the appearance on module title

Sequence on the appearance on module title

PH-6
Dear Gurus/Experts,

I have noticed the module title on all page, such as "Accounting .... Product...Webtool", the sequence of how they appear seems to be sorted.

May I know how can we 'disable' the sorting, or rather, how to arrange them in sequence that we want?

Thanks in advance.

rgds,
Ryan

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/

Re: Sequence on the appearance on module title

Scott Gray
Here's the file you'll want to look at:
framework/common/webcommon/includes/appbar.ftl

Regards
Scott

On 11/12/2007, PH <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Gurus/Experts,
>
> I have noticed the module title on all page, such as "Accounting ....
> Product...Webtool", the sequence of how they appear seems to be sorted.
>
> May I know how can we 'disable' the sorting, or rather, how to arrange
> them in sequence that we want?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> rgds,
> Ryan
>

>       ___________________________________________________________
> Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good
> http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/

Re: Sequence on the appearance on module title

jonwimp
Ryan,

Well, to answer your question specifically... you can't disable the sorting.

In folder /framework/base/src/base/org/ofbiz/base/component , see file ComponentConfig.java line 276.

All the webapp names are put into a java.util.TreeMap (webapp names are the keys). That TreeMap
sorts its keys in "natural order", which is alphabetically in this case.

To disable the sorting, *and* to dictate the order you want, you would have to change the codes
programmatically. Quite a bit of extending here.

Jonathon

Scott Gray wrote:

> Here's the file you'll want to look at:
> framework/common/webcommon/includes/appbar.ftl
>
> Regards
> Scott
>
> On 11/12/2007, PH <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Gurus/Experts,
>>
>> I have noticed the module title on all page, such as "Accounting ....
>> Product...Webtool", the sequence of how they appear seems to be sorted.
>>
>> May I know how can we 'disable' the sorting, or rather, how to arrange
>> them in sequence that we want?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

>> rgds,
>> Ryan

Re: Sequence on the appearance on module title

PH-6
Hi Jonathon and Scott.

Thanks to you both. I will investigate if changing the ftl or changes in the java code is more suitable. Maybe we shall just modify the ftl to show and display whatever i want, as it may be troublesome to update the java code when we upgrade ofbiz to higher version in future.
Thanks!

Scott Gray wrote:

> Here's the file you'll want to look at:
> framework/common/webcommon/includes/appbar.ftl
>
> Regards
> Scott
>
> On 11/12/2007, PH <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Gurus/Experts,
>>
>> I have noticed the module title on all page, such as "Accounting
>> Product...Webtool", the sequence of how they appear seems to be
 sorted.

>> May I know how can we 'disable' the sorting, or rather, how to
 arrange

>> them in sequence that we want?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

>> rgds,
>> Ryan
>>

>>       ___________________________________________________________
>> Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For
 Good
>> http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/

 12/10/2007 2:51 PM

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/

Re: Sequence on the appearance on module title

BJ Freeman
there is a way to remove the tabs you don't want
look at the ecommerce ofbiz-component.xml
app-bar-display="false"

PH sent the following on 12/11/2007 5:56 PM:

> Hi Jonathon and Scott.
>
> Thanks to you both. I will investigate if changing the ftl or changes in the java code is more suitable. Maybe we shall just modify the ftl to show and display whatever i want, as it may be troublesome to update the java code when we upgrade ofbiz to higher version in future.
> Thanks!
>
> rgds,
> Ryan

Good choice. Continue to use ComponentConfig.java in that ftl. But maybe rearrange the order in
your own list after that. Always try to change ftl first. Avoid java changes if possible.

Usually a software doesn't change the position of its module tabs very often. Hence, I haven't
found much need to code a configurable framework for "positioning of module tabs".

Jonathon