Shipping Estimate is Incorrect

Nathan C Hampton
Hi!  I've created a shipping cost estimate with an "Order Flat Price"
and a "Weight Unit Price".  The weight UOM for the shipping cost
estimate is Pound (avdp).  Then I created an order for 10 of an item
that has Product Weight = 1 and Weight UOM = Ounce (avdp).  When I get
to the place where it calculates the shipping estimate, however, it
gives me a price for shipping 11 pounds, rather than the 1 pound it
actually should weigh.  It appears that it's using the total of the
product weight field (10) with the UOM for the shipping estimate
(pound), rather than using the UOM specified for the product weights
(ounce).  Doesn't OFBiz check UOMs and make the appropriate
conversions when doing these calculations?  Do I have to always use
the same weight UOM?

--NCH

PS--My assumption is that it's calculating for 11 pounds instead of 10
because I made a mistake when I set it up, so I'm not worried about
that.

Re: Shipping Estimate is Incorrect

BJ Freeman
had this error ver 3.0 thought we fixed it.

Nathan C Hampton sent the following on 7/23/2008 2:51 PM:

> Hi!  I've created a shipping cost estimate with an "Order Flat Price"
> and a "Weight Unit Price".  The weight UOM for the shipping cost
> estimate is Pound (avdp).  Then I created an order for 10 of an item
> that has Product Weight = 1 and Weight UOM = Ounce (avdp).  When I get
> to the place where it calculates the shipping estimate, however, it
> gives me a price for shipping 11 pounds, rather than the 1 pound it
> actually should weigh.  It appears that it's using the total of the
> product weight field (10) with the UOM for the shipping estimate
> (pound), rather than using the UOM specified for the product weights
> (ounce).  Doesn't OFBiz check UOMs and make the appropriate conversions
> when doing these calculations?  Do I have to always use the same weight
> UOM?
>
> --NCH
>
> PS--My assumption is that it's calculating for 11 pounds instead of 10
> because I made a mistake when I set it up, so I'm not worried about that.

Re: Shipping Estimate is Incorrect

here is something close but not about Shipping parse.

Nathan C Hampton sent the following on 7/23/2008 2:51 PM:

> Hi!  I've created a shipping cost estimate with an "Order Flat Price"
> and a "Weight Unit Price".  The weight UOM for the shipping cost
> estimate is Pound (avdp).  Then I created an order for 10 of an item
> that has Product Weight = 1 and Weight UOM = Ounce (avdp).  When I get
> to the place where it calculates the shipping estimate, however, it
> gives me a price for shipping 11 pounds, rather than the 1 pound it
> actually should weigh.  It appears that it's using the total of the
> product weight field (10) with the UOM for the shipping estimate
> (pound), rather than using the UOM specified for the product weights
> (ounce).  Doesn't OFBiz check UOMs and make the appropriate conversions
> when doing these calculations?  Do I have to always use the same weight
> UOM?
>
> --NCH
>
> PS--My assumption is that it's calculating for 11 pounds instead of 10
> because I made a mistake when I set it up, so I'm not worried about that.

Re: Shipping Estimate is Incorrect

Nathan C Hampton
Well, I'm getting it with trunk revision 678902.  UOM_Conversion table
seems to have the appropriate entries, so I don't know what's going on.

--NCH

On 23 Jul 2008, at 3:06 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> had this error ver 3.0 thought we fixed it.
>
> Nathan C Hampton sent the following on 7/23/2008 2:51 PM:
>> Hi!  I've created a shipping cost estimate with an "Order Flat Price"
>> and a "Weight Unit Price".  The weight UOM for the shipping cost
>> estimate is Pound (avdp).  Then I created an order for 10 of an item
>> that has Product Weight = 1 and Weight UOM = Ounce (avdp).  When I
>> get
>> to the place where it calculates the shipping estimate, however, it
>> gives me a price for shipping 11 pounds, rather than the 1 pound it
>> actually should weigh.  It appears that it's using the total of the
>> product weight field (10) with the UOM for the shipping estimate
>> (pound), rather than using the UOM specified for the product weights
>> (ounce).  Doesn't OFBiz check UOMs and make the appropriate
>> conversions
>> when doing these calculations?  Do I have to always use the same
>> weight
>> UOM?
>>
>> --NCH
>>
>> PS--My assumption is that it's calculating for 11 pounds instead of
>> 10
>> because I made a mistake when I set it up, so I'm not worried about
>> that.

Re: Shipping Estimate is Incorrect

BJ Freeman
unless someone else takes interest I will poke around to see how it
works or is suppose to work
may take a week or two

Nathan C Hampton sent the following on 7/24/2008 1:54 PM:

> Well, I'm getting it with trunk revision 678902.  UOM_Conversion table
> seems to have the appropriate entries, so I don't know what's going on.
>
> --NCH
>
> On 23 Jul 2008, at 3:06 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> had this error ver 3.0 thought we fixed it.
>>
>> Nathan C Hampton sent the following on 7/23/2008 2:51 PM:
>>> Hi!  I've created a shipping cost estimate with an "Order Flat Price"
>>> and a "Weight Unit Price".  The weight UOM for the shipping cost
>>> estimate is Pound (avdp).  Then I created an order for 10 of an item
>>> that has Product Weight = 1 and Weight UOM = Ounce (avdp).  When I get
>>> to the place where it calculates the shipping estimate, however, it
>>> gives me a price for shipping 11 pounds, rather than the 1 pound it
>>> actually should weigh.  It appears that it's using the total of the
>>> product weight field (10) with the UOM for the shipping estimate
>>> (pound), rather than using the UOM specified for the product weights
>>> (ounce).  Doesn't OFBiz check UOMs and make the appropriate conversions
>>> when doing these calculations?  Do I have to always use the same weight
>>> UOM?
>>>
>>> --NCH
>>>
>>> PS--My assumption is that it's calculating for 11 pounds instead of 10
>>> because I made a mistake when I set it up, so I'm not worried about
>>> that.

Re: Shipping Estimate is Incorrect

BJ Freeman
from the looks of it
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/ArtifactInfo?type=service&uniqueId=convertUom
only done during shipment ,which was the original problems I had in mind.
unless you or someone else want to contribute the code to do this for
shipping estimates, i will take a crack at it.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 7/24/2008 2:18 PM:

> unless someone else takes interest I will poke around to see how it
> works or is suppose to work
> may take a week or two
>

> Nathan C Hampton sent the following on 7/24/2008 1:54 PM:
>> Well, I'm getting it with trunk revision 678902.  UOM_Conversion table
>> seems to have the appropriate entries, so I don't know what's going on.
>>
>> --NCH
>>
>> On 23 Jul 2008, at 3:06 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>>
>>> had this error ver 3.0 thought we fixed it.
>>>
>>> Nathan C Hampton sent the following on 7/23/2008 2:51 PM:

Re: Shipping Estimate is Incorrect

you might want to put this in the Jira so it can be worked on by someone.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 7/23/2008 3:18 PM: