Significance of field explodeOrderItems in ProductStore

Significance of field explodeOrderItems in ProductStore

Vikas Mayur-2
While looking at the order process, in method createOrder of
CheckOutEvents.java, I came across the statement
boolean areOrderItemsExploded = explodeOrderItems(delegator, cart);
Can any body please help me to know what is the significance of
explodeOrderItems.

Vikas Mayur

Re: Significance of field explodeOrderItems in ProductStore

David E Jones

There is a ProductStore setting for exploding order items. When this is set that code will split all order items with a quantity of X into X order items each with a quantity of 1, or that is the intent anyway.

-David

Vikas Mayur wrote:
> While looking at the order process, in method createOrder of
> CheckOutEvents.java, I came across the statement
> boolean areOrderItemsExploded = explodeOrderItems(delegator, cart);
> Can any body please help me to know what is the significance of
> explodeOrderItems.
>
> Thanks,

Re: Significance of field explodeOrderItems in ProductStore

jonwimp
Yes, that is the intent.

In reality, you get all kinds of problems ranging from missing sales taxes to missing inventory
reservation when you use explodeOrderItems ("Y").

I did a partial fix for it.

Jonathon

David E Jones wrote:

> There is a ProductStore setting for exploding order items. When this is
> set that code will split all order items with a quantity of X into X
> order items each with a quantity of 1, or that is the intent anyway.
>
> -David
>

> Vikas Mayur wrote:
>> While looking at the order process, in method createOrder of
>> CheckOutEvents.java, I came across the statement
>> boolean areOrderItemsExploded = explodeOrderItems(delegator, cart);
>> Can any body please help me to know what is the significance of
>> explodeOrderItems.
>>
>> Thanks,

Re: Significance of field explodeOrderItems in ProductStore

Vikas Mayur-2
Thanks for the quick reply.
Though we have explodeOrderItems == "N" set for all product stores, I need
to dig more in the methods to find its purpose.

--
Vikas Mayur