Single word labels

Bruno Busco
Hi Vikas,
I was trying to translate the newly added labels into ecommerce profile
screens and I found out that several of them are formed up joining single
words instead of having the whole sentence into a single label.

For example in
applications\ecommerce\webapp\ecommerce\customer\profile\ManageAddress.ftl
      <a class="buttontext" id="addAddress"
href="javascript:void(0)">${uiLabelMap.CommonAdd} ${uiLabelMap.CommonNew}
${uiLabelMap.OrderAddress}</a>
or
class="boxhead">&nbsp;${uiLabelMap.EcommerceDefault}
${uiLabelMap.CommonAddresses}</div></div>

This has been discussed in the ML and we agreed that should be avoided
because in other languages the words are swapped.

(Default Address -> Italian -> Indirizzo predefinito)

If you agree and have time please change this.

Many thanks,
Bruno

Re: Single word labels

Bruno Busco
Of course,
if you have not time I will try to submit a patch for this.
-Bruno

2008/9/3 Bruno Busco <[hidden email]>

> Hi Vikas,
> I was trying to translate the newly added labels into ecommerce profile
> screens and I found out that several of them are formed up joining single
> words instead of having the whole sentence into a single label.
>
> For example in
> applications\ecommerce\webapp\ecommerce\customer\profile\ManageAddress.ftl
>       <a class="buttontext" id="addAddress"
> href="javascript:void(0)">${uiLabelMap.CommonAdd} ${uiLabelMap.CommonNew}
> ${uiLabelMap.OrderAddress}</a>
> or
> class="boxhead">&nbsp;${uiLabelMap.EcommerceDefault}
> ${uiLabelMap.CommonAddresses}</div></div>
>
> This has been discussed in the ML and we agreed that should be avoided
> because in other languages the words are swapped.
>
> (Default Address -> Italian -> Indirizzo predefinito)
>
> If you agree and have time please change this.
>
> Many thanks,
> Bruno

Re: Single word labels

Vikas Mayur-3
Hi Bruno,

I am sorry for bit late in reply.
If this urgent for you then please go ahead and else please wait as we
haven't yet finished with this.

- Vikas

On Sep 4, 2008, at 1:37 AM, Bruno Busco wrote:

> Of course,
> if you have not time I will try to submit a patch for this.
> -Bruno
>
> 2008/9/3 Bruno Busco <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi Vikas,
>> I was trying to translate the newly added labels into ecommerce
>> profile
>> screens and I found out that several of them are formed up joining
>> single
>> words instead of having the whole sentence into a single label.
>>
>> For example in
>> applications\ecommerce\webapp\ecommerce\customer\profile
>> \ManageAddress.ftl
>>      <a class="buttontext" id="addAddress"
>> href="javascript:void(0)">${uiLabelMap.CommonAdd} $
>> {uiLabelMap.CommonNew}
>> ${uiLabelMap.OrderAddress}</a>
>> or
>> class="boxhead">&nbsp;${uiLabelMap.EcommerceDefault}
>> ${uiLabelMap.CommonAddresses}</div></div>
>>
>> This has been discussed in the ML and we agreed that should be
>> avoided
>> because in other languages the words are swapped.
>>
>> (Default Address -> Italian -> Indirizzo predefinito)
>>
>> If you agree and have time please change this.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Bruno

Re: Single word labels

Bruno Busco
Hi Vikas,
this is not urgent to me, I will wait for you to do it before translating to
italian.
Thank you,
Bruno

2008/9/8 Vikas Mayur <[hidden email]>

> Hi Bruno,
>
> I am sorry for bit late in reply.
> If this urgent for you then please go ahead and else please wait as we
> haven't yet finished with this.
>
> - Vikas
>

> On Sep 4, 2008, at 1:37 AM, Bruno Busco wrote:
>
>  Of course,
>> if you have not time I will try to submit a patch for this.
>> -Bruno
>>
>> 2008/9/3 Bruno Busco <[hidden email]>
>>
>>  Hi Vikas,
>>> I was trying to translate the newly added labels into ecommerce profile
>>> screens and I found out that several of them are formed up joining single
>>> words instead of having the whole sentence into a single label.
>>>
>>> For example in
>>>
>>> applications\ecommerce\webapp\ecommerce\customer\profile\ManageAddress.ftl
>>>     <a class="buttontext" id="addAddress"
>>> href="javascript:void(0)">${uiLabelMap.CommonAdd} ${uiLabelMap.CommonNew}
>>> ${uiLabelMap.OrderAddress}</a>
>>> or
>>> class="boxhead">&nbsp;${uiLabelMap.EcommerceDefault}
>>> ${uiLabelMap.CommonAddresses}</div></div>
>>>
>>> This has been discussed in the ML and we agreed that should be avoided
>>> because in other languages the words are swapped.
>>>
>>> (Default Address -> Italian -> Indirizzo predefinito)
>>>
>>> If you agree and have time please change this.
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> Bruno

Re: Single word labels

Vikas Mayur-3
Hi Bruno,

I think rev 693775, 695780 should address these issues.
Let me know if you still find similar thing around new features (One
Page, new profile page, manage addresses templates)

- Vikas