Size display for field

Malin Nicolas
Hello,

I have an improvement to propose on form renderer on the size display.
When we display a list that contains many information, column position
in the screen depends on the text size include on the table. If a create
a screen with the goal to display on 1024*760 resolution, is possible
that the table exceeds the screen limit. I create a little example of
this problem : http://librenberry.librenberry.net/ColumnSize.png.

Proposal is to add an attribute that specify the size to display (number
character to display). When the table is display if the attribute is
define, the renderer create a fixed size for the column and all text
exceeds are truncated. A hint box is displayed when user mouse pass over
the text.

Actually the improvement add an attribute on display field type but I
think is not enough. I can continue the improvement to update this
concept on all field to add the attribute on field element. I thinks
it's possible to add an other attribute default-width-size on form
definition.

Have you any idea on the proposal?

Re: Size display for field

BJ Freeman
see

Nicolas Malin sent the following on 11/6/2008 3:59 PM:

> Hello,
>
> I have an improvement to propose on form renderer on the size display.
> When we display a list that contains many information, column position
> in the screen depends on the text size include on the table. If a create
> a screen with the goal to display on 1024*760 resolution, is possible
> that the table exceeds the screen limit. I create a little example of
> this problem : http://librenberry.librenberry.net/ColumnSize.png.
>
> Proposal is to add an attribute that specify the size to display (number
> character to display). When the table is display if the attribute is
> define, the renderer create a fixed size for the column and all text
> exceeds are truncated. A hint box is displayed when user mouse pass over
> the text.
>
> Actually the improvement add an attribute on display field type but I
> think is not enough. I can continue the improvement to update this
> concept on all field to add the attribute on field element. I thinks
> it's possible to add an other attribute default-width-size on form
> definition.
>
> Have you any idea on the proposal?

Re: Size display for field

Hi Nicolas,

This sounds like good ideas to me. As suggested by BJ you could use the existing OFBIZ-2021 to submit a patch.
In a more general way, I just wonder if we should not begin to concentrate on bugs solving for a new release to come in spring.
But I guess it's premature to speak about that before OFBiz symposium end.

From: "Nicolas Malin" <[hidden email]>

> Hello,
>
> I have an improvement to propose on form renderer on the size display.
> When we display a list that contains many information, column position
> in the screen depends on the text size include on the table. If a create
> a screen with the goal to display on 1024*760 resolution, is possible
> that the table exceeds the screen limit. I create a little example of
> this problem : http://librenberry.librenberry.net/ColumnSize.png.
>
> Proposal is to add an attribute that specify the size to display (number
> character to display). When the table is display if the attribute is
> define, the renderer create a fixed size for the column and all text
> exceeds are truncated. A hint box is displayed when user mouse pass over
> the text.
>
> Actually the improvement add an attribute on display field type but I
> think is not enough. I can continue the improvement to update this
> concept on all field to add the attribute on field element. I thinks
> it's possible to add an other attribute default-width-size on form
> definition.
>
> Have you any idea on the proposal?

Re: Bug list was Size display for field

BJ Freeman
I saw about 85 bugs that are still open.
have not had time to review each one.
I did do some linking of multiple issues that seem the same ball park.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 11/6/2008 9:52 PM:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> This sounds like good ideas to me. As suggested by BJ you could use the
> existing OFBIZ-2021 to submit a patch.
> In a more general way, I just wonder if we should not begin to
> concentrate on bugs solving for a new release to come in spring. But I
> guess it's premature to speak about that before OFBiz symposium end.

> From: "Nicolas Malin" <[hidden email]>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have an improvement to propose on form renderer on the size display.
>> When we display a list that contains many information, column position
>> in the screen depends on the text size include on the table. If a
>> create a screen with the goal to display on 1024*760 resolution, is
>> possible that the table exceeds the screen limit. I create a little
>> example of this problem :
>> http://librenberry.librenberry.net/ColumnSize.png.
>>
>> Proposal is to add an attribute that specify the size to display
>> (number character to display). When the table is display if the
>> attribute is define, the renderer create a fixed size for the column
>> and all text exceeds are truncated. A hint box is displayed when user
>> mouse pass over the text.
>>
>> Actually the improvement add an attribute on display field type but I
>> think is not enough. I can continue the improvement to update this
>> concept on all field to add the attribute on field element. I thinks
>> it's possible to add an other attribute default-width-size on form
>> definition.
>>
>> Have you any idea on the proposal?

Re: Size display for field

Malin Nicolas