Stable trunk?

Re: OOTB Unit Tests (was Re: Stable trunk?)

BJ Freeman
No relationship I know of except what he wrote here.
:D

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 11/2/2008 7:59 AM:

> Hi Sharan,
>
> Maybe you are already in a relationship directly with BJ. But, if I can
> allow myself, in respect to OFBiz project, what kind of contribution
> would you envision ?

> From: "Sharan-F" <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi BJ
>>
>> I've also been looking at testing from a user perspective (i.e. what they
>> can see and do via the user interface). My method has been to take a high
>> level process (eg Customer Sales) generate the use cases then break them
>> down into detailed test scripts that follow an end to end flow.
>>
>> I'd be very interested in seeing what you've done and also finding out if
>> any of the work I've done could be linked in as I'm keen to contribute to
>> the project.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sharan
>>

>> BJ Freeman wrote:
>>>
>>> I have been slowly creating test more from a user input than testing
>>> code.
>>> I think I can complete one that will work on the trunk for an example
>>> and review.
>>> target jan 09
>>>
>>> David E Jones sent the following on 10/29/2008 11:02 AM:

Re: OOTB Unit Tests (was Re: Stable trunk?)

Sharan-F
Hi Jacques

I'm putting together documentation around business process flows and test scripts. E.g after an update what basic tests would a user want to run through to check that things are still working OK.

I'm also working on some accounting documentation that includes a view on the accounting impact of various transactions.

I dont want to step on anyone's toes so am a bit unsure of what to do with it - can I just add it to the Wiki?

Would be happy to discuss if you'd like.

Thanks
Sharan

jacques.le.roux wrote

From: "Sharan-F" <sharan.foga@gmail.com>

> Hi BJ
>
> I've also been looking at testing from a user perspective (i.e. what they
> can see and do via the user interface). My method has been to take a high
> level process (eg Customer Sales) generate the use cases then break them
> down into detailed test scripts that follow an end to end flow.
>
> I'd be very interested in seeing what you've done and also finding out if
> any of the work I've done could be linked in as I'm keen to contribute to
> the project.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>>
>> I have been slowly creating test more from a user input than testing code.
>> I think I can complete one that will work on the trunk for an example
>> and review.
>> target jan 09
>>
>> David E Jones sent the following on 10/29/2008 11:02 AM:

>>> This is an area where it would be REALLY GREAT to have more effort go
>>> into the project. Yep, great enough to capitalize "REALLY" and "GREAT".
>>>
>>> Who has worked on the unit tests that are in place? I'll admit I haven't
>>> much except on the toolset and some of the framework unit tests and
>>> helping some of the Hotwax Media people who wrote many of the tests that
>>> now exist, especially the ones in the various applications.
>>>
>>> Is there anyone interested in working on this stuff? If there are enough
>>> people who want to actively work on it we can setup some coordination
>>> resources (ie Jira tasks, confluence pages, etc). If there are only 2-3
>>> then coordination through the mailing list would be better, and more
>>> visible to others possibly interested.
>>>
>>> -David

Re: OOTB Unit Tests (was Re: Stable trunk?)

Hi Sharan,

Yes I think the Wiki is the best place for such documentation. Feel free to organize it as you want.
We will then be able to discuss about representation, how to use it, etc.

From: "Sharan-F" <[hidden email]>