SupplierProduct orderQtyIncrements, unitsIncluded, quantityUomId fields?

SupplierProduct orderQtyIncrements, unitsIncluded, quantityUomId fields?

Rashko Rejmer
Hi,

Are this fields only informative fields, I was not able to find any
code related to them?

I thought that their purpose is to handle situations similar to:
  - supplier sells 6 Coca-colas in packs, but in inventory we want to
record colas separately;
  - conversion between supplier and purchasing company's UOMs.

Im I right? Is there a code that performs such a conversions?

Regards,
Rashko Rejmer

Re: SupplierProduct orderQtyIncrements, unitsIncluded, quantityUomId fields?

BJ Freeman
Supplier is where you purchase the product.
so this would be how the supplier ships the product to your warehouse.
to my knowledge there is no code that takes how the supplier ships it to
you and how you sell your product, say each.

you many also have pricing for the product as the way the supplier ships
it, like case.

just my 2 cents

Rashko Rejmer sent the following on 8/29/2008 1:45 PM:

> Hi,
>
> Are this fields only informative fields, I was not able to find any code
> related to them?
>
> I thought that their purpose is to handle situations similar to:
>  - supplier sells 6 Coca-colas in packs, but in inventory we want to
> record colas separately;
>  - conversion between supplier and purchasing company's UOMs.
>
> Im I right? Is there a code that performs such a conversions?
>
> Regards,
> Rashko Rejmer

Re: SupplierProduct orderQtyIncrements, unitsIncluded, quantityUomId fields?

There have been discussions on this in the past. You should find some information there
http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?local=y&forum=2740&query=unitsIncluded

Jacques

From: "Rashko Rejmer" <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> Are this fields only informative fields, I was not able to find any
> code related to them?
>
> I thought that their purpose is to handle situations similar to:
>  - supplier sells 6 Coca-colas in packs, but in inventory we want to
> record colas separately;
>  - conversion between supplier and purchasing company's UOMs.
>
> Im I right? Is there a code that performs such a conversions?
>
> Regards,
> Rashko Rejmer

Re: SupplierProduct orderQtyIncrements, unitsIncluded, quantityUomId fields?

Rashko Rejmer
Hi Jacques,
Thanks about the pointer. I have read the discussion between Jacopo
and David and i thought that there is some code that makes automatic
conversion but I was surprised when I couldn't find it.
It seems that these fields are only informative.

Regards,
Rashko Rejmer

On Aug 29, 2008, at 4:34 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> There have been discussions on this in the past. You should find
> some information there
> http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?local=y&forum=2740&query=unitsIncluded
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Rashko Rejmer" <[hidden email]>
>> Hi,
>> Are this fields only informative fields, I was not able to find
>> any  code related to them?
>> I thought that their purpose is to handle situations similar to:
>> - supplier sells 6 Coca-colas in packs, but in inventory we want
>> to  record colas separately;
>> - conversion between supplier and purchasing company's UOMs.
>> Im I right? Is there a code that performs such a conversions?
>> Regards,
>> Rashko Rejmer

Re: SupplierProduct orderQtyIncrements, unitsIncluded, quantityUomId fields?

Rashko Rejmer
Hi BJ,
I also noticed that there is no OOTB implementation about these
problems.

Probably the only way to handle packs of cola is to define 2 different
products:
  - one for purchasing - 6 x Cola pack
  - one for selling - 1 Cola
and then to create production run that will produce 6 colas from 1
cola pack.
I was thinking that it will be more easy to achieve this, thru
mentioned fields.

Thanks,
Rashko Rejmer

On Aug 29, 2008, at 4:29 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> Supplier is where you purchase the product.
> so this would be how the supplier ships the product to your warehouse.
> to my knowledge there is no code that takes how the supplier ships
> it to
> you and how you sell your product, say each.
>
> you many also have pricing for the product as the way the supplier
> ships
> it, like case.
>
> just my 2 cents
>
> Rashko Rejmer sent the following on 8/29/2008 1:45 PM:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are this fields only informative fields, I was not able to find any
>> code
>> related to them?
>>
>> I thought that their purpose is to handle situations similar to:
>> - supplier sells 6 Coca-colas in packs, but in inventory we want to
>> record colas separately;
>> - conversion between supplier and purchasing company's UOMs.
>>
>> Im I right? Is there a code that performs such a conversions?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rashko Rejmer

Re: SupplierProduct orderQtyIncrements, unitsIncluded, quantityUomId fields?

BJ Freeman
Note that the supplierProduct links your selling product to a supplier
as  seen here
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/EditProductSuppliers?productId=GZ-1000
This is more for purchase orders. but no code.
Order Qty Increments
is if the ERP says you should order 3 each but the Order Qty Increments
is 1 with a UOM of case then the order is placed for 1 case.
Units Included maybe 6 12, 18. 48 in a case
so receiving will show one Case received into inventory

now
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/EditProductInventoryItems?productId=GZ-8544&showAllFacilities=Y
is where you would defne the way the product you sell is inventoried.
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/facility/control/EditInventoryItem?inventoryItemId=9003&externalLoginKey=EL718445185628
so there is a lot of coding to get done to this.
probably more fields.

Rashko Rejmer sent the following on 8/29/2008 3:25 PM:

> Hi BJ,
> I also noticed that there is no OOTB implementation about these problems.
>
> Probably the only way to handle packs of cola is to define 2 different
> products:
>  - one for purchasing - 6 x Cola pack
>  - one for selling - 1 Cola
> and then to create production run that will produce 6 colas from 1 cola
> pack.
> I was thinking that it will be more easy to achieve this, thru mentioned
> fields.
>
> Thanks,
> Rashko Rejmer
>
> On Aug 29, 2008, at 4:29 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> Supplier is where you purchase the product.
>> so this would be how the supplier ships the product to your warehouse.
>> to my knowledge there is no code that takes how the supplier ships it to
>> you and how you sell your product, say each.
>>
>> you many also have pricing for the product as the way the supplier ships
>> it, like case.
>>
>> just my 2 cents
>>
>> Rashko Rejmer sent the following on 8/29/2008 1:45 PM:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Are this fields only informative fields, I was not able to find any code
>>> related to them?
>>>
>>> I thought that their purpose is to handle situations similar to:
>>> - supplier sells 6 Coca-colas in packs, but in inventory we want to
>>> record colas separately;
>>> - conversion between supplier and purchasing company's UOMs.
>>>
>>> Im I right? Is there a code that performs such a conversions?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Rashko Rejmer

Re: SupplierProduct orderQtyIncrements, unitsIncluded, quantityUomId fields?

BJ Freeman
and yes based on a recieveing you can have a SECA that calls a
production run that breaks out the case to other units of inventory.
thought this is a different way than it was meant to be used.
:)

BJ Freeman sent the following on 8/29/2008 3:49 PM:

From: "Rashko Rejmer" <[hidden email]>

> Hi BJ,
> I also noticed that there is no OOTB implementation about these
> problems.
>
> Probably the only way to handle packs of cola is to define 2 different
> products:
>  - one for purchasing - 6 x Cola pack
>  - one for selling - 1 Cola
> and then to create production run that will produce 6 colas from 1
> cola pack.
> I was thinking that it will be more easy to achieve this, thru
> mentioned fields.

Yes, AFAIK it's how it's done. Using a SECA as suggested by BJ sounds a way to automate it  for now...

Jacques

> Thanks,
> Rashko Rejmer
>
> On Aug 29, 2008, at 4:29 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> Supplier is where you purchase the product.
>> so this would be how the supplier ships the product to your warehouse.
>> to my knowledge there is no code that takes how the supplier ships
>> it to
>> you and how you sell your product, say each.
>>
>> you many also have pricing for the product as the way the supplier
>> ships
>> it, like case.
>>
>> just my 2 cents
>>
>> Rashko Rejmer sent the following on 8/29/2008 1:45 PM:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Are this fields only informative fields, I was not able to find any
>>> code
>>> related to them?
>>>
>>> I thought that their purpose is to handle situations similar to:
>>> - supplier sells 6 Coca-colas in packs, but in inventory we want to
>>> record colas separately;
>>> - conversion between supplier and purchasing company's UOMs.
>>>
>>> Im I right? Is there a code that performs such a conversions?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Rashko Rejmer

Re: SupplierProduct orderQtyIncrements, unitsIncluded, quantityUomId fields?

Rashko Rejmer
Thanks Jacques and BJ,

I will use the idea with SECA for producing the product that is sold.
Thanks very much for the replies.

Regards,
Rashko Rejmer