Themes votes results

Flatgrey
+1 2
0 1
-1 9
total -7

Dropping Crumbs
+1 10
total +10

So clearly the 2 themes to keep, if we decide to keep 2, are those with the best scores: Flatgrey (-7) and Rainbow Stone (-7, merged with a colour option)
If we decide to keep only one theme we will need to vote again; though Rainbow Stone seems a favourite because of the -8 for Saphir (others have -7)

Now, do we need to vote again to decide to keep 1 or 2 themes? Or should the lazy consensus I proposed to keep 2 themes (to show the option to change)
adopted?

Re: Themes votes results

Sharan-F
Hi Jacques

I'm a little confused. You ran 9 different individual votes so there
shouldn't there 9 different vote results as to whether to keep each
theme or not.

For example if you look at the vote for Tomahawk, 5 people voted against
removing and only 3 to remove it, so to me that vote result means keep
it. You seem to be counting it all as one vote with 9 options and are
now suggesting looking at keeping only the top 2.

Also as it's a vote, what about binding and non binding?

Thanks
Sharan

On 01/10/16 18:24, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here are the themes votes results
>
> BlueLight
> +1 6
> -1 1
> total: 5
>
> Tomahawk
> +1 3
> -1 5
> total -2
>
> Rainbow Stone - Ruby
>  0 2
>  -1  7
>  total -7
>
> Rainbow Stone -  Saphir
> 0 1
> -1 8
> total -8
>
> Rainbow Stone - Amber
> 0 2
> -1 7
> total -7
>
> Rainbow Stone - Emeral
> 0 2
> -1 7
> total -7
>
> Bizzness time
> +1 10
> total +10
>
> Flatgrey
> +1 2
> 0 1
> -1 9
> total -7
>
> Dropping Crumbs
> +1 10
> total +10
>
> So clearly the 2 themes to keep, if we decide to keep 2, are those
> with the best scores: Flatgrey (-7) and Rainbow Stone (-7, merged with
> a colour option)
> If we decide to keep only one theme we will need to vote again; though
> Rainbow Stone seems a favourite because of the -8 for Saphir (others
> have -7)
>
> Now, do we need to vote again to decide to keep 1 or 2 themes? Or
> should the lazy consensus I proposed to keep 2 themes (to show the
> option to change) adopted?

Re: Themes votes results

taher
Who says there are 2 themes to keep with best scores? How did you come up
with this arrangement? The votes were simply whether or not to keep or
remove themes. One vote for each theme. I don't understand how you suddenly
decided to keep the highest scores. This is just plain confusing.

On Oct 1, 2016 7:24 PM, "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here are the themes votes results
>
> BlueLight
> +1 6
> -1 1
> total: 5
>
> Tomahawk
> +1 3
> -1 5
> total -2
>
> Rainbow Stone - Ruby
>  0 2
>  -1  7
>  total -7
>
> Rainbow Stone -  Saphir
> 0 1
> -1 8
> total -8
>
> Rainbow Stone - Amber
> 0 2
> -1 7
> total -7
>
> Rainbow Stone - Emeral
> 0 2
> -1 7
> total -7
>
> Bizzness time
> +1 10
> total +10
>
> Flatgrey
> +1 2
> 0 1
> -1 9
> total -7
>
> Dropping Crumbs
> +1 10
> total +10
>
> So clearly the 2 themes to keep, if we decide to keep 2, are those with
> the best scores: Flatgrey (-7) and Rainbow Stone (-7, merged with a colour
> option)
> If we decide to keep only one theme we will need to vote again; though
> Rainbow Stone seems a favourite because of the -8 for Saphir (others have
> -7)
>
> Now, do we need to vote again to decide to keep 1 or 2 themes? Or should
> the lazy consensus I proposed to keep 2 themes (to show the option to
> change) adopted?

Re: Themes votes results

Michael Brohl-3
Jacques,

as far as I understand the theme voting, the community decided to keep
all themes with negative votes and drop the ones with positive votes.

I fully agree with Sharan's and Taher's opinions.

If you had another ruleset for these votes in mind, you should have
explained them BEFORE the vote.

Regards,

Michael

Am 01.10.16 um 18:24 schrieb Jacques Le Roux:

> Hi,
>
> Here are the themes votes results
>
> BlueLight
> +1 6
> -1 1
> total: 5
>
> Tomahawk
> +1 3
> -1 5
> total -2
>
> Rainbow Stone - Ruby
>  0 2
>  -1  7
>  total -7
>
> Rainbow Stone -  Saphir
> 0 1
> -1 8
> total -8
>
> Rainbow Stone - Amber
> 0 2
> -1 7
> total -7
>
> Rainbow Stone - Emeral
> 0 2
> -1 7
> total -7
>
> Bizzness time
> +1 10
> total +10
>
> Flatgrey
> +1 2
> 0 1
> -1 9
> total -7
>
> Dropping Crumbs
> +1 10
> total +10
>
> So clearly the 2 themes to keep, if we decide to keep 2, are those
> with the best scores: Flatgrey (-7) and Rainbow Stone (-7, merged with
> a colour option)
> If we decide to keep only one theme we will need to vote again; though
> Rainbow Stone seems a favourite because of the -8 for Saphir (others
> have -7)
>
> Now, do we need to vote again to decide to keep 1 or 2 themes? Or
> should the lazy consensus I proposed to keep 2 themes (to show the
> option to change) adopted?

Re: Themes votes results

Hi Taher,

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/db3697483813775a288f48409f4b3db7a05b51ee50b042816762bd9a@%3Cdev.ofbiz.apache.org%3E

> The votes were simply whether or not to keep or
> remove themes. One vote for each theme. I don't understand how you suddenly
> decided to keep the highest scores. This is just plain confusing.

I agree and I have decided to cancel these votes because it's too much a burden for me. They will not be actioned.

Jacques

> On Oct 1, 2016 7:24 PM, "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here are the themes votes results
>>
>> BlueLight
>> +1 6
>> -1 1
>> total: 5
>>
>> Tomahawk
>> +1 3
>> -1 5
>> total -2
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Ruby
>>   0 2
>>   -1  7
>>   total -7
>>
>> Rainbow Stone -  Saphir
>> 0 1
>> -1 8
>> total -8
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Amber
>> 0 2
>> -1 7
>> total -7
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Emeral
>> 0 2
>> -1 7
>> total -7
>>
>> Bizzness time
>> +1 10
>> total +10
>>
>> Flatgrey
>> +1 2
>> 0 1
>> -1 9
>> total -7
>>
>> Dropping Crumbs
>> +1 10
>> total +10
>>
>> So clearly the 2 themes to keep, if we decide to keep 2, are those with
>> the best scores: Flatgrey (-7) and Rainbow Stone (-7, merged with a colour
>> option)
>> If we decide to keep only one theme we will need to vote again; though
>> Rainbow Stone seems a favourite because of the -8 for Saphir (others have
>> -7)
>>
>> Now, do we need to vote again to decide to keep 1 or 2 themes? Or should
>> the lazy consensus I proposed to keep 2 themes (to show the option to
>> change) adopted?
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Themes votes results

Hi Michael,

Le 01/10/2016 à 21:53, Michael Brohl a écrit :
> Jacques,
>
> as far as I understand the theme voting, the community decided to keep all themes with negative votes and drop the ones with positive votes.
>
> I fully agree with Sharan's and Taher's opinions.
>
> If you had another ruleset for these votes in mind, you should have explained them BEFORE the vote.

I agree and I have decided to cancel these votes because it's too much a burden for me. They will not be actioned.

> Regards,
>
> Michael
>

> Am 01.10.16 um 18:24 schrieb Jacques Le Roux:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here are the themes votes results
>>
>> BlueLight
>> +1 6
>> -1 1
>> total: 5
>>
>> Tomahawk
>> +1 3
>> -1 5
>> total -2
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Ruby
>>  0 2
>>  -1  7
>>  total -7
>>
>> Rainbow Stone -  Saphir
>> 0 1
>> -1 8
>> total -8
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Amber
>> 0 2
>> -1 7
>> total -7
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Emeral
>> 0 2
>> -1 7
>> total -7
>>
>> Bizzness time
>> +1 10
>> total +10
>>
>> Flatgrey
>> +1 2
>> 0 1
>> -1 9
>> total -7
>>
>> Dropping Crumbs
>> +1 10
>> total +10
>>
>> So clearly the 2 themes to keep, if we decide to keep 2, are those with the best scores: Flatgrey (-7) and Rainbow Stone (-7, merged with a colour
>> option)
>> If we decide to keep only one theme we will need to vote again; though Rainbow Stone seems a favourite because of the -8 for Saphir (others have -7)
>>
>> Now, do we need to vote again to decide to keep 1 or 2 themes? Or should the lazy consensus I proposed to keep 2 themes (to show the option to
>> change) adopted?
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Themes votes results

HI Sharan,

Le 01/10/2016 à 19:18, Sharan Foga a écrit :
> Hi Jacques
>
> I'm a little confused. You ran 9 different individual votes so there shouldn't there 9 different vote results as to whether to keep each theme or not.

Yes, I put the 9 votes below in a new thread. I thought it would make things easier. So there is still 9 votes results and they are all below.

> For example if you look at the vote for Tomahawk, 5 people voted against removing and only 3 to remove it, so to me that vote result means keep it.

Yes we could keep it. I'm all for that, it's my preferred, hint: I'm daltonian. But the idea is to keep only 1 or 2 themes.

> You seem to be counting it all as one vote with 9 options and are now suggesting looking at keeping only the top 2.

Yes that's what I suggested when I asked for help about creating these votes:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/db3697483813775a288f48409f4b3db7a05b51ee50b042816762bd9a@%3Cdev.ofbiz.apache.org%3E

> Also as it's a vote, what about binding and non binding?

Actually I have now decided to cancel these votes because it's too much a burden for me. They will not be actioned.

> Sharan
>

> On 01/10/16 18:24, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here are the themes votes results
>>
>> BlueLight
>> +1 6
>> -1 1
>> total: 5
>>
>> Tomahawk
>> +1 3
>> -1 5
>> total -2
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Ruby
>>  0 2
>>  -1  7
>>  total -7
>>
>> Rainbow Stone -  Saphir
>> 0 1
>> -1 8
>> total -8
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Amber
>> 0 2
>> -1 7
>> total -7
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Emeral
>> 0 2
>> -1 7
>> total -7
>>
>> Bizzness time
>> +1 10
>> total +10
>>
>> Flatgrey
>> +1 2
>> 0 1
>> -1 9
>> total -7
>>
>> Dropping Crumbs
>> +1 10
>> total +10
>>
>> So clearly the 2 themes to keep, if we decide to keep 2, are those with the best scores: Flatgrey (-7) and Rainbow Stone (-7, merged with a colour
>> option)
>> If we decide to keep only one theme we will need to vote again; though Rainbow Stone seems a favourite because of the -8 for Saphir (others have -7)
>>
>> Now, do we need to vote again to decide to keep 1 or 2 themes? Or should the lazy consensus I proposed to keep 2 themes (to show the option to
>> change) adopted?
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Themes votes results

Hi All,

I have decided to cancel these votes because it's too much a burden for me. They will not be actioned.

I'm very sorry for this decision, and I thank all of you who take care of voting.

Unfortunately I think I did not explain myself well enough. So I prefer not to continue to manage them.

With my apologies

> Here are the themes votes results
>
> BlueLight
> +1 6
> -1 1
> total: 5
>
> Tomahawk
> +1 3
> -1 5
> total -2
>
> Rainbow Stone - Ruby
>  0 2
>  -1  7
>  total -7
>
> Rainbow Stone -  Saphir
> 0 1
> -1 8
> total -8
>
> Rainbow Stone - Amber
> 0 2
> -1 7
> total -7
>
> Rainbow Stone - Emeral
> 0 2
> -1 7
> total -7
>
> Bizzness time
> +1 10
> total +10
>
> Flatgrey
> +1 2
> 0 1
> -1 9
> total -7
>
> Dropping Crumbs
> +1 10
> total +10
>
> So clearly the 2 themes to keep, if we decide to keep 2, are those with the best scores: Flatgrey (-7) and Rainbow Stone (-7, merged with a colour
> option)
> If we decide to keep only one theme we will need to vote again; though Rainbow Stone seems a favourite because of the -8 for Saphir (others have -7)
>
> Now, do we need to vote again to decide to keep 1 or 2 themes? Or should the lazy consensus I proposed to keep 2 themes (to show the option to
> change) adopted?

Re: Themes votes results

Michael Brohl-3
Hi Jacques,

I think you cannot decide for yourself to cancel a vote which is already
finished. This would make the whole voting process farcical.

You should at least ask the community if it is ok to cancel the vote and
take no action.

Besides this, I don't see a reason to cancel it. What's the burden to
carry out the vote result and action?

We should count the binding votes to have a valid result and then take
action.

What do others think?

Regards,

Michael

Am 04.10.16 um 14:09 schrieb Jacques Le Roux:

> Hi All,
>
> I have decided to cancel these votes because it's too much a burden
> for me. They will not be actioned.
>
> I'm very sorry for this decision, and I thank all of you who take care
> of voting.
>
> Unfortunately I think I did not explain myself well enough. So I
> prefer not to continue to manage them.
>
> With my apologies
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 01/10/2016 à 18:24, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here are the themes votes results
>>
>> BlueLight
>> +1 6
>> -1 1
>> total: 5
>>
>> Tomahawk
>> +1 3
>> -1 5
>> total -2
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Ruby
>>  0 2
>>  -1  7
>>  total -7
>>
>> Rainbow Stone -  Saphir
>> 0 1
>> -1 8
>> total -8
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Amber
>> 0 2
>> -1 7
>> total -7
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Emeral
>> 0 2
>> -1 7
>> total -7
>>
>> Bizzness time
>> +1 10
>> total +10
>>
>> Flatgrey
>> +1 2
>> 0 1
>> -1 9
>> total -7
>>
>> Dropping Crumbs
>> +1 10
>> total +10
>>
>> So clearly the 2 themes to keep, if we decide to keep 2, are those
>> with the best scores: Flatgrey (-7) and Rainbow Stone (-7, merged
>> with a colour option)
>> If we decide to keep only one theme we will need to vote again;
>> though Rainbow Stone seems a favourite because of the -8 for Saphir
>> (others have -7)
>>
>> Now, do we need to vote again to decide to keep 1 or 2 themes? Or
>> should the lazy consensus I proposed to keep 2 themes (to show the
>> option to change) adopted?
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Themes votes results

Michael Brohl-3
Jacques,

>> For example if you look at the vote for Tomahawk, 5 people voted
>> against removing and only 3 to remove it, so to me that vote result
>> means keep it.
> Yes we could keep it. I'm all for that, it's my preferred, hint: I'm
> daltonian. But the idea is to keep only 1 or 2 themes.
For me, that is a strong argument for keeping this theme and should have
been mentioned in the discussion before.
We should not drop something which supports disabled people.

Regards,
Michael

Re: Themes votes results

taher
Wow! You start 9 votes in 9 threads; you engage the entire community and
now that the votes are out and finished you want to cancel it? And the
reason is "too much burden"?

Here is the burden:
1) delete three folders representing the themes approved for deletion.
2) svn commit

If you feel this is too heavy then I'm willing to take over this task but
may I suggest to try and perhaps avoid starting votes in the future if
you're not sure that you'll follow through.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have decided to cancel these votes because it's too much a burden for
> me. They will not be actioned.
>
> I'm very sorry for this decision, and I thank all of you who take care of
> voting.
>
> Unfortunately I think I did not explain myself well enough. So I prefer
> not to continue to manage them.
>
> With my apologies
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 01/10/2016 à 18:24, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here are the themes votes results
>>
>> BlueLight
>> +1 6
>> -1 1
>> total: 5
>>
>> Tomahawk
>> +1 3
>> -1 5
>> total -2
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Ruby
>>  0 2
>>  -1  7
>>  total -7
>>
>> Rainbow Stone -  Saphir
>> 0 1
>> -1 8
>> total -8
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Amber
>> 0 2
>> -1 7
>> total -7
>>
>> Rainbow Stone - Emeral
>> 0 2
>> -1 7
>> total -7
>>
>> Bizzness time
>> +1 10
>> total +10
>>
>> Flatgrey
>> +1 2
>> 0 1
>> -1 9
>> total -7
>>
>> Dropping Crumbs
>> +1 10
>> total +10
>>
>> So clearly the 2 themes to keep, if we decide to keep 2, are those with
>> the best scores: Flatgrey (-7) and Rainbow Stone (-7, merged with a colour
>> option)
>> If we decide to keep only one theme we will need to vote again; though
>> Rainbow Stone seems a favourite because of the -8 for Saphir (others have
>> -7)
>>
>> Now, do we need to vote again to decide to keep 1 or 2 themes? Or should
>> the lazy consensus I proposed to keep 2 themes (to show the option to
>> change) adopted?
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Themes votes results

Scott Gray-3
Before taking any action I'd prefer to see a proper tally of binding and
non-binding votes sent to each vote thread.

Regards
Scott

On 4/10/2016 9:55 PM, "Taher Alkhateeb" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> Flatgrey
> >> +1 2
> >> 0 1
> >> -1 9
> >> total -7
> >>
> >> Dropping Crumbs
> >> +1 10
> >> total +10
> >>
> >> So clearly the 2 themes to keep, if we decide to keep 2, are those with
> >> the best scores: Flatgrey (-7) and Rainbow Stone (-7, merged with a
> colour
> >> option)
> >> If we decide to keep only one theme we will need to vote again; though
> >> Rainbow Stone seems a favourite because of the -8 for Saphir (others
> have
> >> -7)
> >>
> >> Now, do we need to vote again to decide to keep 1 or 2 themes? Or should
> >> the lazy consensus I proposed to keep 2 themes (to show the option to

Re: Themes votes results

Paul Foxworthy
On 4 October 2016 at 23:05, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> But the idea is to keep only 1 or 2 themes.

I'd suggest that a policy to limit themes to one or two is a separate
issue. It's a change to the state of OFBiz at present. If anyone wants to
advocate that, it should probably be voted on in its own right.

I would oppose the idea. There's no magic ideal number. Specific themes may
be of greater or less significance. Tomorrow somebody might contribute a
number of good quality, distinctive themes. I'd say that would be a good
thing.

Cheers

Paul
--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/

Re: Themes votes results

Le 04/10/2016 à 22:09, Paul Foxworthy a écrit :

> On 4 October 2016 at 23:05, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

>> But the idea is to keep only 1 or 2 themes.
>>
> I'd suggest that a policy to limit themes to one or two is a separate
> issue. It's a change to the state of OFBiz at present. If anyone wants to
> advocate that, it should probably be voted on in its own right.
>
> I would oppose the idea. There's no magic ideal number. Specific themes may
> be of greater or less significance. Tomorrow somebody might contribute a
> number of good quality, distinctive themes. I'd say that would be a good
> thing.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul

That makes sense, thanks Paul

Re: Themes votes results

taher
Thank you Scott, I summarize voting threads (binding votes only). If
someone is willing to cross check I'd appreciate it.

The vote results favor removing BlueLight, Bizzness time and Dropping
Crumbs. The earlier numbers provided by Jacques were not correct because it
includes non-binding votes, nevertheless the same results holds.

http://markmail.org/message/arme6cmbd2hb2od4
BlueLight - Binding votes
-1 1
0 0
+1 6
total: 5

http://markmail.org/message/ktv2dxnjjosyjhlf
Tomahawk - Binding votes
-1 5
0 0
+1 2
total: -3

http://markmail.org/message/etlrhpiya4xglxtc
Rainbow Stone - Ruby - Binding votes
-1 6
0 2
+1 0
total: -6

http://markmail.org/message/jemzuqk2npslecm2
Rainbow Stone -  Saphir - Binding votes
-1 7
0 1
+1 0
total: -7

http://markmail.org/message/4sni74crtk532j6y
Rainbow Stone - Amber - Binding votes
-1 6
0 2
+1 0
total: -6

http://markmail.org/message/da5s2nctimobxdd3
Rainbow Stone - Emeral - Binding votes
-1 6
0 2
+1 0
total: -6

http://markmail.org/message/7fkdfiysi4cmyuip
Bizzness time - Binding votes
-1 0
0 0
+1 9
total: +9

http://markmail.org/message/5uedbqgpbng4yy2p
Flatgrey - Binding votes
-1 8
0 1
+1 1
total: -7

http://markmail.org/message/6hjam3mwlabvvz2e
Dropping Crumbs - Binding votes
-1 0
0 0
+1 9
total: +9

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 12:44 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 04/10/2016 à 22:09, Paul Foxworthy a écrit :
>
>> On 4 October 2016 at 23:05, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]
>> >
>> wrote:
>>

>> But the idea is to keep only 1 or 2 themes.
>>>
>>> I'd suggest that a policy to limit themes to one or two is a separate
>> issue. It's a change to the state of OFBiz at present. If anyone wants to
>> advocate that, it should probably be voted on in its own right.
>>
>> I would oppose the idea. There's no magic ideal number. Specific themes
>> may
>> be of greater or less significance. Tomorrow somebody might contribute a
>> number of good quality, distinctive themes. I'd say that would be a good
>> thing.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> That makes sense, thanks Paul

Re: Themes votes results

Thanks Taher,

That sounds like the best solution to me. Actually the one I proposed initially at OFBIZ-8293

Jacques