***UNCHECKED*** Marital Status not managed properly in Person entity

***UNCHECKED*** Marital Status not managed properly in Person entity

Suraj Khurana-2
Hello,

Currently, *maritalStatus* is managed as an indicator (Y/N) in *Person*
entity. I think we can enhance it and make it derived from *Enumeration*
pattern.

*Classification of legal marital status*

   - 1 - Married (and not separated) ...
   - 2 - Widowed (including living common law) ...
   - 3 - Separated (and not Divorced) ...
   - 4 - Divorced (including living common law) ...
   - 5 - Single (including living common law)

Please share your thoughts.

--
Best regards,
Suraj Khurana
email: [hidden email]
*www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Marital Status not managed properly in Person entity

+1

Jacques

Le 09/04/2019 à 09:20, Suraj Khurana a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Currently, *maritalStatus* is managed as an indicator (Y/N) in *Person*
> entity. I think we can enhance it and make it derived from *Enumeration*
> pattern.
>
> *Classification of legal marital status*
>
>     - 1 - Married (and not separated) ...
>     - 2 - Widowed (including living common law) ...
>     - 3 - Separated (and not Divorced) ...
>     - 4 - Divorced (including living common law) ...
>     - 5 - Single (including living common law)
>
> Please share your thoughts.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Suraj Khurana
> TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
> mobile: +91 9669750002
> email: [hidden email]
> *www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Marital Status not managed properly in Person entity

Swapnil M Mane
+1

- Best Regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
ofbiz.apache.org

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 12:51 PM Suraj Khurana <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Currently, *maritalStatus* is managed as an indicator (Y/N) in *Person*
> entity. I think we can enhance it and make it derived from *Enumeration*
> pattern.
>
> *Classification of legal marital status*
>
>    - 1 - Married (and not separated) ...
>    - 2 - Widowed (including living common law) ...
>    - 3 - Separated (and not Divorced) ...
>    - 4 - Divorced (including living common law) ...
>    - 5 - Single (including living common law)
>
> Please share your thoughts.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Suraj Khurana
> TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
> mobile: +91 9669750002
> email: [hidden email]
> *www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Marital Status not managed properly in Person entity

adityasharma
+1

Best Regards,
Aditya Sharma,
http://ofbiz.apache.org

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 1:09 PM Swapnil M Mane <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>

> - Best Regards,
> Swapnil M Mane,
> ofbiz.apache.org
>

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 12:51 PM Suraj Khurana <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Currently, *maritalStatus* is managed as an indicator (Y/N) in *Person*
> > entity. I think we can enhance it and make it derived from *Enumeration*
> > pattern.
> >
> > *Classification of legal marital status*
> >
> >    - 1 - Married (and not separated) ...
> >    - 2 - Widowed (including living common law) ...
> >    - 3 - Separated (and not Divorced) ...
> >    - 4 - Divorced (including living common law) ...
> >    - 5 - Single (including living common law)
> >
> > Please share your thoughts.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Suraj Khurana
> > TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
> > mobile: +91 9669750002
> > email: [hidden email]
> > *www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Marital Status not managed properly in Person entity

Pierre Smits-3
Although I am inclined to agree with having the options come from
appropriate records/values in the Enumeration entity, I must caution about
how the final solution will be implemented in our code base. We all know
that this falls in the category of sensitive data which has come under a
tighter scrutiny due to GDPR and security breaches.

Such privacy sensitive element should be implemented in tighter permissions
applied than we generally apply to screens/forms/fields etc.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)
since 2008*

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 10:19 AM Aditya Sharma <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> Best Regards,
> Aditya Sharma,
> http://ofbiz.apache.org
>

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 1:09 PM Swapnil M Mane <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >

> > - Best Regards,
> > Swapnil M Mane,
> > ofbiz.apache.org
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 12:51 PM Suraj Khurana <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Currently, *maritalStatus* is managed as an indicator (Y/N) in *Person*
> > > entity. I think we can enhance it and make it derived from
> *Enumeration*
> > > pattern.
> > >
> > > *Classification of legal marital status*
> > >
> > >    - 1 - Married (and not separated) ...
> > >    - 2 - Widowed (including living common law) ...
> > >    - 3 - Separated (and not Divorced) ...
> > >    - 4 - Divorced (including living common law) ...
> > >    - 5 - Single (including living common law)
> > >
> > > Please share your thoughts.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best regards,
> > > Suraj Khurana
> > > TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
> > > mobile: +91 9669750002
> > > email: [hidden email]
> > > *www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Marital Status not managed properly in Person entity

Suraj Khurana-2
+1.

Technically, as per Pierre, we should also mark this field as encrypted in
the entity definition.

Le 09/04/2019 à 10:59, Suraj Khurana a écrit :

> +1.
>
> Technically, as per Pierre, we should also mark this field as encrypted in
> the entity definition.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Suraj Khurana
> TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
> mobile: +91 9669750002
> email: [hidden email]
> *www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*
>

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 2:08 PM Pierre Smits <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Although I am inclined to agree with having the options come from
>> appropriate records/values in the Enumeration entity, I must caution about
>> how the final solution will be implemented in our code base. We all know
>> that this falls in the category of sensitive data which has come under a
>> tighter scrutiny due to GDPR and security breaches.
>>
>> Such privacy sensitive element should be implemented in tighter permissions
>> applied than we generally apply to screens/forms/fields etc.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Pierre Smits
>>
>> *Apache Trafodion <https://trafodion.apache.org>, Vice President*
>> *Apache Directory <https://directory.apache.org>, PMC Member*
>> Apache Incubator <https://incubator.apache.org>, committer
>> *Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)
>> since 2008*
>> Apache Steve <https://steve.apache.org>, committer
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 10:19 AM Aditya Sharma <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Aditya Sharma,
>>> http://ofbiz.apache.org

>> *Person*
>>> *Enumeration*

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Marital Status not managed properly in Person entity

Rishi Solanki
+1.

Best Regards,
--
*Rishi Solanki* | Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 4:46 PM Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 09/04/2019 à 10:59, Suraj Khurana a écrit :
> > +1.
> >
> > Technically, as per Pierre, we should also mark this field as encrypted
> in
> > the entity definition.
> >
> > --
> > Best Regards,
> > Suraj Khurana
> > TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
> > mobile: +91 9669750002
> > email: [hidden email]
> > *www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 2:08 PM Pierre Smits <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Although I am inclined to agree with having the options come from
> >> appropriate records/values in the Enumeration entity, I must caution
> about
> >> how the final solution will be implemented in our code base. We all know
> >> that this falls in the category of sensitive data which has come under a
> >> tighter scrutiny due to GDPR and security breaches.
> >>
> >> Such privacy sensitive element should be implemented in tighter
> permissions
> >> applied than we generally apply to screens/forms/fields etc.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>
> >> Pierre Smits
> >>
> >> *Apache Trafodion <https://trafodion.apache.org>, Vice President*
> >> *Apache Directory <https://directory.apache.org>, PMC Member*
> >> Apache Incubator <https://incubator.apache.org>, committer
> >> *Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without
> privileges)
> >> since 2008*
> >> Apache Steve <https://steve.apache.org>, committer

> [hidden email]

> >> *Person*

Re: Marital Status not managed properly in Person entity

Nicolas Malin-2
All information on Person are sensitive in terms of personal privacy :)
, but I'm not against limit the access.

Enumeration is a good step to improve the poor maritalStatus, personally
I'm more in favor to use a party classification if you want to know the
lifespan of each state. The next level would be be use PartyRelationship
to determinate the marital status ... but it's a high level ^^

Nicolas

Le 09/04/2019 à 14:08, Nicolas Malin a écrit :
> personally I'm more in favor to use a party classification if you want to know the lifespan of each state.
+1, but needs more work...

Re: Marital Status not managed properly in Person entity

Pierre Smits-3
Lifespan settings on certain entity types is something this community does
not care about that deeply. I tried that once.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)
since 2008*

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 3:10 PM Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Le 09/04/2019 à 14:08, Nicolas Malin a écrit :
> > personally I'm more in favor to use a party classification if you want
> to know the lifespan of each state.
> +1, but needs more work...

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Marital Status not managed properly in Person entity

Devanshu Vyas-2
+1

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.

wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Currently, *maritalStatus* is managed as an indicator (Y/N) in *Person*
> entity. I think we can enhance it and make it derived from *Enumeration*
> pattern.
>
> *Classification of legal marital status*
>
>    - 1 - Married (and not separated) ...
>    - 2 - Widowed (including living common law) ...
>    - 3 - Separated (and not Divorced) ...
>    - 4 - Divorced (including living common law) ...
>    - 5 - Single (including living common law)
>
> Please share your thoughts.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Suraj Khurana
> TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
> mobile: +91 9669750002
> email: [hidden email]
> *www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Marital Status not managed properly in Person entity

Suraj Khurana-2
Thanks, everyone for your inputs.

Nicolas,
Yes, we can manage things with PartyClassification to maintain time span of
it as well, it brings some complexities to handle now, as a party can be in
multiple classifications on the same time, etc etc, maintaining
PartyRelationship is a high-level idea, I liked it :)

Currently, I think we can go with managing the *current* marital status of
the party, as we all have experienced during surfing the web, which can be
achieved by Enumeration thing.

--
Best Regards,
Suraj Khurana
TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
mobile: +91 9669750002
email: [hidden email]
*www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 11:54 AM Devanshu Vyas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Devanshu Vyas.
>

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 12:51 PM Suraj Khurana <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Currently, *maritalStatus* is managed as an indicator (Y/N) in *Person*
>> entity. I think we can enhance it and make it derived from *Enumeration*
>> pattern.
>>
>> *Classification of legal marital status*
>>
>>    - 1 - Married (and not separated) ...
>>    - 2 - Widowed (including living common law) ...
>>    - 3 - Separated (and not Divorced) ...
>>    - 4 - Divorced (including living common law) ...
>>    - 5 - Single (including living common law)
>>
>> Please share your thoughts.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Suraj Khurana
>> TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
>> mobile: +91 9669750002
>> email: [hidden email]
>> *www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Marital Status not managed properly in Person entity

Suraj Khurana-2
Hello,

I have created a ticket here
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10921>.