Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Maybe you don't know about or did not try it, but we have ecomseo a clone of the ecommerce component tailored for SEO

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Search+Engine+Optimisation,+SEO+in+ecommerce

I propose to use it as the default ecommerce demo. This mostly to somehow battle test it, even if I know it works well.

As it's based on ecommerce, users should not experience a big changes, apart the changed URLs

What do you think?

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

After 3 day, I consider this a lazy consensus since nobody chimed in and will change accordingly tomorrow

> Maybe you don't know about or did not try it, but we have ecomseo a clone of the ecommerce component tailored for SEO
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Search+Engine+Optimisation,+SEO+in+ecommerce
>
> I propose to use it as the default ecommerce demo. This mostly to somehow battle test it, even if I know it works well.
>
> As it's based on ecommerce, users should not experience a big changes, apart the changed URLs
>
> What do you think?

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

OK forget it for now. I just realised that ecomseo starts with R15.
So you can still get to it in trunk demo using https://ofbiz-vm.apache.org:8443/ecomseo but it will available to users from official site main page
only when we will roll out R16

But mmm, I vaguely remember having proposed to rotate our demos. Since we will not publish R16 before at least some months, could we not?

 1. drop R12.04 (no longer supported anyway)
 2. Rename related title in site main page from
    12.04 Release Branch Demo (old)
    R15 Pending Branch Demo (unstable)
 3. And replace R12.04 by R15

Opinions?

> After 3 day, I consider this a lazy consensus since nobody chimed in and will change accordingly tomorrow
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 18/09/2016 à 15:27, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Maybe you don't know about or did not try it, but we have ecomseo a clone of the ecommerce component tailored for SEO
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Search+Engine+Optimisation,+SEO+in+ecommerce
>>
>> I propose to use it as the default ecommerce demo. This mostly to somehow battle test it, even if I know it works well.
>>
>> As it's based on ecommerce, users should not experience a big changes, apart the changed URLs
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Scott Gray-3

> This mostly to somehow battle test it, even if I know it works well

So does it need battle testing or does it work well?  Have you deployed it
to any production instances?  Has anyone else?

Regards
Scott

On 19 September 2016 at 01:27, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe you don't know about or did not try it, but we have ecomseo a clone
> of the ecommerce component tailored for SEO
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Search+
> Engine+Optimisation,+SEO+in+ecommerce
>
> I propose to use it as the default ecommerce demo. This mostly to somehow
> battle test it, even if I know it works well.
>
> As it's based on ecommerce, users should not experience a big changes,
> apart the changed URLs
>
> What do you think?

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Scott Gray-3
By the way, is there any technical or user documentation for it?  I haven't
looked at it and don't have time to review the actual implementation right
now.  The link you provided doesn't offer much more than a sales pitch.

Regards
Scott

Le 22/09/2016 à 13:22, Scott Gray a écrit :
>> This mostly to somehow battle test it, even if I know it works well
> So does it need battle testing or does it work well?
It works well for me.
> Have you deployed it to any production instances?
Not directly, that's why I want it as default OFBiz demo
> Has anyone else?
At least
https://www.buchhandel.de/
https://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2
I guess you can find more starting from  OFBIZ-5312

Jacques

> Regards
> Scott
>
> On 19 September 2016 at 01:27, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Maybe you don't know about or did not try it, but we have ecomseo a clone
>> of the ecommerce component tailored for SEO
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Search+
>> Engine+Optimisation,+SEO+in+ecommerce
>>
>> I propose to use it as the default ecommerce demo. This mostly to somehow
>> battle test it, even if I know it works well.
>>
>> As it's based on ecommerce, users should not experience a big changes,
>> apart the changed URLs
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

More at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-2214?jql=project%20%3D%20OFBIZ%20AND%20text%20~%20%22seo%22

Jacques

Le 22/09/2016 à 13:25, Scott Gray a écrit :

> By the way, is there any technical or user documentation for it?  I haven't
> looked at it and don't have time to review the actual implementation right
> now.  The link you provided doesn't offer much more than a sales pitch.
>
> Regards
> Scott
>
> On 22 September 2016 at 23:22, Scott Gray <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> This mostly to somehow battle test it, even if I know it works well
>>

>> So does it need battle testing or does it work well?  Have you deployed it
>> to any production instances?  Has anyone else?
>>
>> Regards
>> Scott
>>
>> On 19 September 2016 at 01:27, Jacques Le Roux <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Maybe you don't know about or did not try it, but we have ecomseo a clone
>>> of the ecommerce component tailored for SEO
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Search+Eng
>>> ine+Optimisation,+SEO+in+ecommerce
>>>
>>> I propose to use it as the default ecommerce demo. This mostly to somehow
>>> battle test it, even if I know it works well.
>>>
>>> As it's based on ecommerce, users should not experience a big changes,
>>> apart the changed URLs
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Scott Gray-3
Well for me it's a -1 until I hear some positive reviews from other users
(and ideally committers).  I don't like having two ecommerce webapps and my
preference would be to merge the two into one, but I can't promote that
idea without any group consensus that the SEO approach is good and well
architected.  A document describing the architecture would make that much
easier and I'm amazed one wasn't supplied with the proposal, no wonder it
sat there without much attention for so long.  But since one doesn't exist
we'll just have to wait until people have time/care to review it and/or use
it and provide feedback.

Regards
Scott

On 23 September 2016 at 00:07, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> More at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-2214?jql=project
> %20%3D%20OFBIZ%20AND%20text%20~%20%22seo%22
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 22/09/2016 à 13:25, Scott Gray a écrit :
>
>> By the way, is there any technical or user documentation for it?  I
>> haven't
>> looked at it and don't have time to review the actual implementation right
>> now.  The link you provided doesn't offer much more than a sales pitch.
>>
>> Regards
>> Scott
>>
>> On 22 September 2016 at 23:22, Scott Gray <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> This mostly to somehow battle test it, even if I know it works well
>>>

>>> So does it need battle testing or does it work well?  Have you deployed
>>> it
>>> to any production instances?  Has anyone else?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Scott
>>>
>>> On 19 September 2016 at 01:27, Jacques Le Roux <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Hi Scott,

Of course there are real world users, did you see the references?

Do we have a such document for ecommerce? No, so It's not a good argument to not switch the demo from ecommerce to ecomseo. Would you not like to have
spiders bots continuously crawling it without any risk?

Replacing ecommerce by ecomseo is another matter, another step I'd say.

And I'm surprised that you prefer to have "/control/" in each URL by default :/

Compare
https://ofbiz-vm.apache.org:8443/ecomseo
with
https://ofbiz-vm.apache.org:8443/ecommerce/control/main

Jacques

Le 23/09/2016 à 01:15, Scott Gray a écrit :

> Well for me it's a -1 until I hear some positive reviews from other users
> (and ideally committers).  I don't like having two ecommerce webapps and my
> preference would be to merge the two into one, but I can't promote that
> idea without any group consensus that the SEO approach is good and well
> architected.  A document describing the architecture would make that much
> easier and I'm amazed one wasn't supplied with the proposal, no wonder it
> sat there without much attention for so long.  But since one doesn't exist
> we'll just have to wait until people have time/care to review it and/or use
> it and provide feedback.
>
> Regards
> Scott
>
> On 23 September 2016 at 00:07, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5312
>>
>> More athttps://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-2214?jql=project
>> %20%3D%20OFBIZ%20AND%20text%20~%20%22seo%22
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 22/09/2016 à 13:25, Scott Gray a écrit :
>>
>>> By the way, is there any technical or user documentation for it?  I
>>> haven't
>>> looked at it and don't have time to review the actual implementation right
>>> now.  The link you provided doesn't offer much more than a sales pitch.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Scott
>>>
>>> On 22 September 2016 at 23:22, Scott Gray<[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> This mostly to somehow battle test it, even if I know it works well

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Scott Gray-3
> Of course there are real world users, did you see the references?

Yes I saw them, what does that have to do with my last email?

> Do we have a such document for ecommerce? No, so It's not a good argument
to not switch the demo from ecommerce to ecomseo.

You're asking for opinions and I can't give one without any knowledge of
this feature so I'm simply telling you that the lack of documentation is a
hindrance to evaluation and adoption. I took a quick look at SeoConfig.xml
and have no idea what most of it does.

> Would you not like to have spiders bots continuously crawling it without
any risk?

I don't understand this question.

> Replacing ecommerce by ecomseo is another matter, another step I'd say.

It should have been the first step before any of this was committed but
instead you pushed ahead and committed it as an alternative despite
objections so now we have duplicated functionality and a messier codebase.
I was going to list out the current set of possible SEO approaches that now
exist in the codebase but it's all such an overlapping mess I can't make
sense of it without spending too much time trying to figure it out.

People need to stop adding things they can't get consensus on, IMO the mess
that results is worse for the project than any missing feature.  I'll never
understand why some committers are so desperate to see something committed
that they'll push forward at any cost.  Not every feature has to start it's
life in the OFBiz repo.

> And I'm surprised that you prefer to have "/control/" in each URL by
default :/

That is not the deciding factor in this discussion for me.  I'm against any
change to the status quo until we get this mess cleaned up.

Regards
Scott

On 23 September 2016 at 20:34, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> Of course there are real world users, did you see the references?
>
> Do we have a such document for ecommerce? No, so It's not a good argument
> to not switch the demo from ecommerce to ecomseo. Would you not like to
> have spiders bots continuously crawling it without any risk?
>
> Replacing ecommerce by ecomseo is another matter, another step I'd say.
>
> And I'm surprised that you prefer to have "/control/" in each URL by
> default :/
>
> Compare
> https://ofbiz-vm.apache.org:8443/ecomseo
> with
> https://ofbiz-vm.apache.org:8443/ecommerce/control/main
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 23/09/2016 à 01:15, Scott Gray a écrit :
>
>> Well for me it's a -1 until I hear some positive reviews from other users
>> (and ideally committers).  I don't like having two ecommerce webapps and
>> my
>> preference would be to merge the two into one, but I can't promote that
>> idea without any group consensus that the SEO approach is good and well
>> architected.  A document describing the architecture would make that much
>> easier and I'm amazed one wasn't supplied with the proposal, no wonder it
>> sat there without much attention for so long.  But since one doesn't exist
>> we'll just have to wait until people have time/care to review it and/or
>> use
>> it and provide feedback.
>>
>> Regards
>> Scott
>>
>> On 23 September 2016 at 00:07, Jacques Le Roux <
>> [hidden email]
>>
>>> wrote:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5312
>>>
>>> More athttps://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-2214?jql=project
>>> %20%3D%20OFBIZ%20AND%20text%20~%20%22seo%22
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>

>>> Le 22/09/2016 à 13:25, Scott Gray a écrit :
>>>
>>> By the way, is there any technical or user documentation for it?  I

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Thanks for your opinion

Jacques

Le 24/09/2016 à 06:20, Scott Gray a écrit :

> [...]
>>> (and ideally committers).  I don't like having two ecommerce webapps and
>>> my
>>> preference would be to merge the two into one, but I can't promote that
>>> idea without any group consensus that the SEO approach is good and well
>>> architected.  A document describing the architecture would make that much
>>> easier and I'm amazed one wasn't supplied with the proposal, no wonder it
>>> sat there without much attention for so long.  But since one doesn't exist
>>> we'll just have to wait until people have time/care to review it and/or
>>> use
>>> it and provide feedback.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Scott
>>>
>>> On 23 September 2016 at 00:07, Jacques Le Roux <
>>> [hidden email]

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

I have done the change for R16.11.

BTW, trunk demo has no official link, should we not add one (not official?) somewhere in the site or the wiki?

> Le 22/09/2016 à 13:22, Scott Gray a écrit :
>>> This mostly to somehow battle test it, even if I know it works well
>> So does it need battle testing or does it work well?
> It works well for me.
>> Have you deployed it to any production instances?
> Not directly, that's why I want it as default OFBiz demo
>> Has anyone else?
> At least
> https://www.buchhandel.de/
> https://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2
> I guess you can find more starting from  OFBIZ-5312
>
> Jacques
>

>> Regards
>> Scott
>>
>> On 19 September 2016 at 01:27, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]
>>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Maybe you don't know about or did not try it, but we have ecomseo a clone
>>> of the ecommerce component tailored for SEO
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Search+
>>> Engine+Optimisation,+SEO+in+ecommerce
>>>
>>> I propose to use it as the default ecommerce demo. This mostly to somehow
>>> battle test it, even if I know it works well.
>>>
>>> As it's based on ecommerce, users should not experience a big changes,
>>> apart the changed URLs
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Done, I have added links for developers

> I have done the change for R16.11.
>
> BTW, trunk demo has no official link, should we not add one (not official?) somewhere in the site or the wiki?
>
> Jacques

>>> So does it need battle testing or does it work well?
>> It works well for me.
>>> Have you deployed it to any production instances?
>> Not directly, that's why I want it as default OFBiz demo
>>> Has anyone else?
>> At least
>> https://www.buchhandel.de/
>> https://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2
>> I guess you can find more starting from  OFBIZ-5312
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>>> Regards
>>> Scott
>>>
>>> On 19 September 2016 at 01:27, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Scott Gray-3
1. Ask for input
2. Get no responses except a -1
3. Wait for a few months
4. Proceed anyway without further discussion

In future it might be quicker to just skip step 1.

Regards
Scott

On 23 January 2017 at 02:06, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Done, I have added links for developers
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 18/01/2017 à 09:45, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>
>> I have done the change for R16.11.
>>
>> BTW, trunk demo has no official link, should we not add one (not
>> official?) somewhere in the site or the wiki?
>>
>> Jacques

>>> It works well for me.

>>> Not directly, that's why I want it as default OFBiz demo

>>> At least
>>> https://www.buchhandel.de/
>>> https://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2
>>> I guess you can find more starting from  OFBIZ-5312
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

OK, I'll answer your questions step by step. I just need time...

Jacques

Le 22/01/2017 à 22:01, Scott Gray a écrit :

> 1. Ask for input
> 2. Get no responses except a -1
> 3. Wait for a few months
> 4. Proceed anyway without further discussion
>
> In future it might be quicker to just skip step 1.
>
> Regards
> Scott
>
> On 23 January 2017 at 02:06, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Done, I have added links for developers
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 18/01/2017 à 09:45, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>>
>>> I have done the change for R16.11.
>>>
>>> BTW, trunk demo has no official link, should we not add one (not
>>> official?) somewhere in the site or the wiki?
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Scott Gray-3
If there was a change to be made, it should have been to work on moving
ecomseo into ecommerce.  There's not really any good reason for both of
them to exist when the only differences between the webapps are the web.xml
files.

Regards
Scott

On 23 January 2017 at 10:44, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> OK, I'll answer your questions step by step. I just need time...
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 22/01/2017 à 22:01, Scott Gray a écrit :
>
>> 1. Ask for input
>> 2. Get no responses except a -1
>> 3. Wait for a few months
>> 4. Proceed anyway without further discussion
>>
>> In future it might be quicker to just skip step 1.
>>
>> Regards
>> Scott
>>
>> On 23 January 2017 at 02:06, Jacques Le Roux <
>> [hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Done, I have added links for developers
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>

>>> Le 18/01/2017 à 09:45, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>>>
>>> I have done the change for R16.11.

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

I'm all for that. Using ecomseo instead of ecommerce, I mean. But when I proposed so, Anil refused and I went with this solution. For details see
https://s.apache.org/UVqw

Actually as a diff between the 2 web.xml files shows there are also a bunch of other changes with the new filters and servlets, but yes that's pretty
much it.

Sincerely, it was "some" work to come to this accommodation as OFBIZ-5312 history shows. From the ilscipio team which Paul represent, Jinghai and I. I
also thanks Sebastian, Ingo and Josip, who helped in initial tests.

Jacques

Le 22/01/2017 à 23:03, Scott Gray a écrit :

> If there was a change to be made, it should have been to work on moving
> ecomseo into ecommerce.  There's not really any good reason for both of
> them to exist when the only differences between the webapps are the web.xml
> files.
>
> Regards
> Scott
>
> On 23 January 2017 at 10:44, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> OK, I'll answer your questions step by step. I just need time...
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 22/01/2017 à 22:01, Scott Gray a écrit :
>>
>>> 1. Ask for input
>>> 2. Get no responses except a -1
>>> 3. Wait for a few months
>>> 4. Proceed anyway without further discussion
>>>
>>> In future it might be quicker to just skip step 1.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Scott
>>>
>>> On 23 January 2017 at 02:06, Jacques Le Roux <
>>> [hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Done, I have added links for developers

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Scott,

I did not answer clearly to this question (inline)
Le 22/09/2016 à 13:22, Scott Gray a écrit :
>> This mostly to somehow battle test it, even if I know it works well
>
> So does it need battle testing or does it work well?  Have you deployed it
> to any production instances?  Has anyone else?

I personally did not deploy it on a production instance.
But I know others did when the patch was proposed and that's 2+ years ago.
One of the sites I referred to in another thread is still successfully using this solution https://www.buchhandel.de/info/beta.html

By battle test it I mean to use it on our official demo. Personally I no longer use the ecommerce webapp locally only ecomseo, without any specific issues

Jacques

> Regards
> Scott
>
> On 19 September 2016 at 01:27, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Maybe you don't know about or did not try it, but we have ecomseo a clone
>> of the ecommerce component tailored for SEO
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Search+
>> Engine+Optimisation,+SEO+in+ecommerce
>>
>> I propose to use it as the default ecommerce demo. This mostly to somehow
>> battle test it, even if I know it works well.
>>
>> As it's based on ecommerce, users should not experience a big changes,
>> apart the changed URLs
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Le 23/09/2016 à 01:15, Scott Gray a écrit :
> Well for me it's a -1 until I hear some positive reviews from other users
> (and ideally committers).

I think Christian (G/eisert/ ) can tell you more about the buchhandel.de site.

> I don't like having two ecommerce webapps and my
> preference would be to merge the two into one, but I can't promote that
> idea without any group consensus that the SEO approach is good and well
> architected.  A document describing the architecture would make that much
> easier and I'm amazed one wasn't supplied with the proposal, no wonder it
> sat there without much attention for so long.

Actually the idea is quite simple: with the functional expertise of a SEO consultant replace OFBiz original ecommerce filters and servlet by SEO
improved specific ones.

> But since one doesn't exist
> we'll just have to wait until people have time/care to review it and/or use
> it and provide feedback.

I don't think we need to explain the architecture, it's the same than for the ecommerce webapp, just the filters and servlet have changed

Jacques

> Regards
> Scott
>
> On 23 September 2016 at 00:07, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5312
>>
>> More at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-2214?jql=project
>> %20%3D%20OFBIZ%20AND%20text%20~%20%22seo%22
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 22/09/2016 à 13:25, Scott Gray a écrit :
>>
>>> By the way, is there any technical or user documentation for it?  I
>>> haven't
>>> looked at it and don't have time to review the actual implementation right
>>> now.  The link you provided doesn't offer much more than a sales pitch.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Scott
>>>
>>> On 22 September 2016 at 23:22, Scott Gray <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> This mostly to somehow battle test it, even if I know it works well

Re: Use ecomseo on demo rather than ecommerce

Inline...

Le 24/09/2016 à 06:20, Scott Gray a écrit :
> You're asking for opinions and I can't give one without any knowledge of
> this feature so I'm simply telling you that the lack of documentation is a
> hindrance to evaluation and adoption. I took a quick look at SeoConfig.xml
> and have no idea what most of it does.
You don't need to change SeoConfig.xml by default.
It seems to me that the comment there are not worse, and even better, than you generally find in such config or properties files in OFBiz

>> Would you not like to have spiders bots continuously crawling it without
> any risk?
>
> I don't understand this question.

I guess you know that most of the spiders bots which are crawling the web are not doing for the good of websites and users. Better to prevent them to
hurt in any way. OOTB the ecomseo webapp is better than the ecommerce on this aspect. And it's also better with and for valuable crawlers (Google,
DuckDuckGo, youNameIt...). Pour demo instances and OFBiz OOTB at large would benefit from using only ecomseo.

>> Replacing ecommerce by ecomseo is another matter, another step I'd say.
> It should have been the first step before any of this was committed but
> instead you pushed ahead and committed it as an alternative despite
> objections so now we have duplicated functionality and a messier codebase.

Though I did not test it I don't think it prevents to use the content component in anyway as feared Hans and Anil. I just put it besides to end the
discussion then, having other stuff to do...

What makes you think we have a messier codebase?

> I was going to list out the current set of possible SEO approaches that now
> exist in the codebase but it's all such an overlapping mess I can't make
> sense of it without spending too much time trying to figure it out.

Yes, I agree we need to document that better, starting from OFBIZ-5312 content

> People need to stop adding things they can't get consensus on, IMO the mess
> that results is worse for the project than any missing feature.  I'll never
> understand why some committers are so desperate to see something committed
> that they'll push forward at any cost.  Not every feature has to start it's
> life in the OFBiz repo.

I wanted this committed because it's ecommerce webapp improved. I did it a way that did not hurt the legacy situation. It just offered an alternative.
For me it's a better solution.

>> And I'm surprised that you prefer to have "/control/" in each URL by
> default :/
>
> That is not the deciding factor in this discussion for me.  I'm against any
> change to the status quo until we get this mess cleaned up.

I'd like you to define what the mess is and how you would want to clean it.

> Regards
> Scott
>

> On 23 September 2016 at 20:34, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> Of course there are real world users, did you see the references?
>>
>> Do we have a such document for ecommerce? No, so It's not a good argument
>> to not switch the demo from ecommerce to ecomseo. Would you not like to
>> have spiders bots continuously crawling it without any risk?
>>
>> Replacing ecommerce by ecomseo is another matter, another step I'd say.
>>
>> And I'm surprised that you prefer to have "/control/" in each URL by
>> default :/
>>
>> Compare
>> https://ofbiz-vm.apache.org:8443/ecomseo
>> with
>> https://ofbiz-vm.apache.org:8443/ecommerce/control/main
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 23/09/2016 à 01:15, Scott Gray a écrit :
>>
>>> Well for me it's a -1 until I hear some positive reviews from other users
>>> (and ideally committers).  I don't like having two ecommerce webapps and
>>> my
>>> preference would be to merge the two into one, but I can't promote that
>>> idea without any group consensus that the SEO approach is good and well
>>> architected.  A document describing the architecture would make that much
>>> easier and I'm amazed one wasn't supplied with the proposal, no wonder it
>>> sat there without much attention for so long.  But since one doesn't exist
>>> we'll just have to wait until people have time/care to review it and/or
>>> use
>>> it and provide feedback.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Scott
>>>
>>> On 23 September 2016 at 00:07, Jacques Le Roux <
>>> [hidden email]

123