Users - 2004 eCSforum

Walter Vaughan
I know this is very old news, but I only discovered ofBiz recently, and just
found a link between ofbiz and the eCSforum. I am very familar with Ernie and am
a member his group of direct marketing companies (we are members of his forum).

David or Andrew, do you still have the slides or anything from this presentation
available? The only thing I could find an email saying that it "went well
and we have had some good feedback so far, hopefully more to come at a
social tonight and a round table tomorrow)."

Walter

P.S. as I was typing this I just got a the June 2006 eCSForum newsletter. Talk
about alignment of the sun/moon/earth!

Re: Users - 2004 eCSforum

David E. Jones

Hey, wudda ya know. I didn't really expect to find it, but I do have it in my old OFBiz files. The PPT file is attached.

This was pretty early on in the life of OFBiz, but most of this stuff probably still applies. Of course, now OFBiz is probably to the point where many of the eCS Forum members could use it, even though that wasn't so much the case way back when.

-David

Walter Vaughan wrote:

> I know this is very old news, but I only discovered ofBiz recently, and just
> found a link between ofbiz and the eCSforum. I am very familar with Ernie and am
> a member his group of direct marketing companies (we are members of his forum).
>
> David or Andrew, do you still have the slides or anything from this presentation
> available? The only thing I could find an email saying that it "went well
> and we have had some good feedback so far, hopefully more to come at a
> social tonight and a round table tomorrow)."

> Walter
>
> P.S. as I was typing this I just got a the June 2006 eCSForum newsletter. Talk
> about alignment of the sun/moon/earth!

eCSForumOFBiz.ppt (54K) Download Attachment

Re: Users - 2004 eCSforum

Walter Vaughan
David E. Jones wrote:

> Hey, wudda ya know. I didn't really expect to find it, but I do have it
> in my old OFBiz files. The PPT file is attached.
>
> This was pretty early on in the life of OFBiz, but most of this stuff
> probably still applies. Of course, now OFBiz is probably to the point
> where many of the eCS Forum members could use it, even though that
> wasn't so much the case way back when.
>
> -David

Thanks.

I see that it was a very high level presentation. I'm guessing that you never
got down to a level where someone in the audience might have gone down a road of
"that'll never work in direct marketing because it won't do XYZ". I'm trying to
flesh out if there is an XYZ in ofbiz. I don't think there is but it's the
business of guys like Ernie Schell and F. Curtis Barry to make sure that
computer systems work in a direct marketing environment, and I am not sure they
have been exposed to ofBiz....

Thanks again :)

--
Walter