Users - How to do simple xmlhttprequest

Vinay Agarwal

Hello,

I need to do a very simple xmlhttprequest (to store data in session). Can anyone guide me how to do this? I have seen discussion about AJAX on this mailing list including a simple demo. Therefore, I assume it is doable and may be even quite simple.  Does it require a corresponding service on server side? Example would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - How to do simple xmlhttprequest

Si Chen-2
Have you looked at the JIRA issue:
http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-885

Also, Leon just did some AJAX for fun recently, so we'll have some
more of this stuff soon...

Si

On Jun 8, 2006, at 12:22 PM, Vinay Agarwal wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I need to do a very simple xmlhttprequest (to store data in
> session). Can anyone guide me how to do this? I have seen
> discussion about AJAX on this mailing list including a simple demo.
> Therefore, I assume it is doable and may be even quite simple.
> Does it require a corresponding service on server side? Example
> would be very helpful.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - How to do simple xmlhttprequest

Fred Forester-2

Vinay

the ajax example is here http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-885

and it uses an event rather than a service.

Fred

Vinay Agarwal wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I need to do a very simple xmlhttprequest (to store data in session). Can
> anyone guide me how to do this? I have seen discussion about AJAX on this
> mailing list including a simple demo. Therefore, I assume it is doable and
> may be even quite simple.  Does it require a corresponding service on server
> side? Example would be very helpful.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - How to do simple xmlhttprequest

Vinay Agarwal
Thanks Si and Fred, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,
Vinay Agarwal

Vinay Agarwal wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I need to do a very simple xmlhttprequest (to store data in session).
> Can anyone guide me how to do this? I have seen discussion about AJAX
> on this mailing list including a simple demo. Therefore, I assume it
> is doable and may be even quite simple.  Does it require a
> corresponding service on server side? Example would be very helpful.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Vinay Agarwal

Users - Webtools import data not functioning

Mike Baschky

Hi All,

    I just did an update form svn and noticed that the Webtools ImportData link is failing. It appears that a common decorator has not been defined. Error:

org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen [component://webtools/widget/EntityScreens.xml#EntityImportDir]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find screen with name [CommonWebtoolsDecorator] in class resource [component://webtools/widget/CommonScreens.xml] (Could not find screen with name [CommonWebtoolsDecorator] in class resource [component://webtools/widget/CommonScreens.xml]).

Sure enough when I go into the webtools common screens xml I don't find said decorator.

Mike

winmail.dat (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Users - Webtools import data not functioning

Hans Bakker
Hi Mike,
something went wrong with the last update, attached the patch to fix this,
I do not have access to the framework, David can you apply this patch?

Thanks for reporting this!

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

wt.patch (808 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Users - Webtools import data not functioning

Mike Baschky
Hi Hans,
    Thanks. No problem.

Mike

something went wrong with the last update, attached the patch to fix this,
I do not have access to the framework, David can you apply this patch?

Thanks for reporting this!

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

On Friday 09 June 2006 04:11, Mike Baschky wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     I just did an update form svn and noticed that the Webtools ImportData
> link is failing. It appears that a common decorator has not been defined.
> Error:
>
> org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
> [component://webtools/widget/EntityScreens.xml#EntityImportDir]:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find screen with name
> [CommonWebtoolsDecorator] in class resource
> [component://webtools/widget/CommonScreens.xml] (Could not find screen with
> name [CommonWebtoolsDecorator] in class resource
> [component://webtools/widget/CommonScreens.xml]).
>
> Sure enough when I go into the webtools common screens xml I don't find
> said decorator.
>
> Mike

winmail.dat (4K) Download Attachment