Users - Billing Account setup on Return

Mark Mantarro

I’ve had my first customer that needed a discount for damage.  I used the return link in the order and used the manual return adjustment at the bottom to give them a set amount to Store Credit…..  and then what?

I figured out that I had to set up a billing account for the customer… add Billing Address the contact, find the correct Contact Mech ID to use in the billing account, then go back to the return, and associate it with the billing account…. Etc… until it finally showed a credit if I created another order for the customer….

Did I miss something, is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Users - Billing Account setup on Return

Si Chen-2
If you return for credit and accept return without a billing account, it
should create a new billing account for you. Does it not?

Si

Mark Mantarro wrote:

> I’ve had my first customer that needed a discount for damage. I used
> the return link in the order and used the manual return adjustment at
> the bottom to give them a set amount to Store Credit….. and then what?
>
> I figured out that I had to set up a billing account for the customer…
> add Billing Address the contact, find the correct Contact Mech ID to
> use in the billing account, then go back to the return, and associate
> it with the billing account…. Etc… until it finally showed a credit if
> I created another order for the customer….
>
> Did I miss something, is there an easier way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Re: Users - Billing Account setup on Return

Mark Mantarro
That's what I thought should happen... let me test some more and get back to
you....

Mark

Mark Mantarro wrote:

> I've had my first customer that needed a discount for damage. I used
> the return link in the order and used the manual return adjustment at
> the bottom to give them a set amount to Store Credit... and then what?
>
> I figured out that I had to set up a billing account for the customer.
> add Billing Address the contact, find the correct Contact Mech ID to
> use in the billing account, then go back to the return, and associate
> it with the billing account.. Etc. until it finally showed a credit if
> I created another order for the customer..
>
> Did I miss something, is there an easier way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Re: Users - Billing Account setup on Return

Si Chen-2
If it does not open a JIRA issue and report a bug.

Mark Mantarro wrote:

>That's what I thought should happen... let me test some more and get back to
>you....
>
>Mark

Users - Acounting GL

Andrew Sykes
Si,

Could you give us an update on the status of the accounting module
please, i.e. how close is it to being fully funded?

Also, are you aware of anyone having done an integration with Sage?
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - Acounting GL

BJ Freeman
he maintains a status page
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/accounting_status.php

Andrew Sykes sent the following on 2/8/06 9:23 AM:
> Si,
>
> Could you give us an update on the status of the accounting module
> please, i.e. how close is it to being fully funded?
>
> Also, are you aware of anyone having done an integration with Sage?

Re: Users - Acounting GL

> Could you give us an update on the status of the accounting module
> please, i.e. how close is it to being fully funded?
>
> Also, are you aware of anyone having done an integration with Sage?

Just a word :  TiniERP claims to have such stuff. I did not found anything on
their site just read french news about it.

Here in Europe, OFBiz may be a competitor to Sage lines 30 and 100.

Jacques

> Kind Regards
> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> Sykes Development Ltd
> http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - Acounting GL

Andrew Sykes
This doesn't seem to suggest how close to the funding target he is.

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 09:40 -0800, bjfree wrote:

> he maintains a status page
> http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/accounting_status.php
>
> Andrew Sykes sent the following on 2/8/06 9:23 AM:
> > Si,
> >
> > Could you give us an update on the status of the accounting module
> > please, i.e. how close is it to being fully funded?
> >
> > Also, are you aware of anyone having done an integration with Sage?

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - Acounting GL

Thanks BJ, but this page say nothing about funding or did I miss something ?

Jacques

> Andrew Sykes sent the following on 2/8/06 9:23 AM:
> > Si,
> >
> > Could you give us an update on the status of the accounting module
> > please, i.e. how close is it to being fully funded?
> >
> > Also, are you aware of anyone having done an integration with Sage?

Re: Users - Acounting GL

Andrew Sykes
Thanks Jacques

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 18:43 +0100, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> [...]

Re: Users - Billing Account Credit showing up on Return

Mark Mantarro
Ok, this is more a workflow question.  The Billing account is created if the
correct steps are followed.  I can't find any definitive documentation on
all the steps for a return.  Here is what I have so far:

-Create Return from Order.
-Modify the items to return, click checkbox of appropriate lines
-Click Accept Return button
-In Return Header screen change status to Received (this creates billing
acct)
-Now pick new bill acct from dropdown that appears.
-Click Update.......

And that's as far as I get...  The must be other steps because the "credit"
doesn't show up in the shopping cart.

I've gotten this to work once by doing a number of other things and I guess
just got lucky.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Mantarro wrote:

>That's what I thought should happen... let me test some more and get back

>you....
>
>Mark

What do you mean credit does not show up in shopping cart?  When you
look up the billing account in accounting, does it not work?

You can try it on our server demo.opensourcestrategies.com:8086/ordermgr
and then let me know which order/return/customer/credit combination
didn't work.

Si

Mark Mantarro wrote:

>Ok, this is more a workflow question.  The Billing account is created if the
>correct steps are followed.  I can't find any definitive documentation on
>all the steps for a return.  Here is what I have so far:
>
>-Create Return from Order.
>-Modify the items to return, click checkbox of appropriate lines
>-Click Accept Return button
>-In Return Header screen change status to Received (this creates billing
>acct)
>-Now pick new bill acct from dropdown that appears.
>-Click Update.......
>
>And that's as far as I get...  The must be other steps because the "credit"
>doesn't show up in the shopping cart.
>
>I've gotten this to work once by doing a number of other things and I guess
>just got lucky.
>
>Thanks,
>Mark

Your server is not happy couldn't connect...

To answer your question: after doing the steps below the credit does NOT
show up when the customer tries to check out... however, I know if should
and I have one customer that I "accidentally" clicked the correct
combination.

So I don't think it is a code thing or a data thing, I'm just ignorant the
last couple of clicks to "bless" the credit.

Mark Mantarro wrote:

>Ok, this is more a workflow question.  The Billing account is created if
the

>correct steps are followed.  I can't find any definitive documentation on
>all the steps for a return.  Here is what I have so far:
>
>-Create Return from Order.
>-Modify the items to return, click checkbox of appropriate lines
>-Click Accept Return button
>-In Return Header screen change status to Received (this creates billing
>acct)
>-Now pick new bill acct from dropdown that appears.
>-Click Update.......
>
>And that's as far as I get...  The must be other steps because the "credit"
>doesn't show up in the shopping cart.
>
>I've gotten this to work once by doing a number of other things and I guess
>just got lucky.
>
>Thanks,
>Mark

Shoot, forgot to answer the second part of ur question.

The billing account is created, the customer refund shows up in payments
however with a blank status... hmmmmm

Again... are my steps below correct?  Am I missing a few?

Mark

Mark Mantarro wrote:

>Ok, this is more a workflow question.  The Billing account is created if
the

>correct steps are followed.  I can't find any definitive documentation on
>all the steps for a return.  Here is what I have so far:
>
>-Create Return from Order.
>-Modify the items to return, click checkbox of appropriate lines
>-Click Accept Return button
>-In Return Header screen change status to Received (this creates billing
>acct)
>-Now pick new bill acct from dropdown that appears.
>-Click Update.......
>
>And that's as far as I get...  The must be other steps because the "credit"
>doesn't show up in the shopping cart.
>
>I've gotten this to work once by doing a number of other things and I guess
>just got lucky.
>
>Thanks,
>Mark

Re: Users - Acounting GL

my apologies to you and Andrew. Mis read the question.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 2/8/06 9:55 AM:

Wait...so what is the problem now?  The Billing Account is created?  It
doesn't show up for the customer?  It does?  Payment has no status?  Can
you maybe create a JIRA issue, describe your steps exactly, and send up
some screenshots so I can see them?

Si

Mark Mantarro wrote:

>Shoot, forgot to answer the second part of ur question.
>
>The billing account is created, the customer refund shows up in payments
>however with a blank status... hmmmmm
>
>Again... are my steps below correct?  Am I missing a few?
>
>Mark

I'm still concerned this is a training issue and not a coding issue but I'll
work up the documents and put them in JIRA.

Mark

Mark Mantarro wrote:

>Shoot, forgot to answer the second part of ur question.
>
>The billing account is created, the customer refund shows up in payments
>however with a blank status... hmmmmm
>
>Again... are my steps below correct?  Am I missing a few?
>
>Mark

Hey,
I finally successfully went thru the workflow of a store credit return with
the demo data and took screenshots (not included here).

My problem is I don't know if this is the proper intended workflow or if
there are some problems to fix.  Now that I've deciphered a path there seems
to be a lot of unnecessary steps (or I just don't know they are
unnecessary).  If it's better to add this to JIRA I will, but I really think
this is just a user training issue....

Steps to initiate return of completed order for store credit (e.g. give a
discount for damage) for a customer with ** no pre-existing billing
account**:

-Open Order containing item, click "Create Return"

-Set discount and reason, check box and "Return Selected Items"

-Change Return Status to Accepted, click "Update"

-Change Return Status to Received, click "Update" (this creates a billing
account for party)

-Choose newly created Billing Acct from dropdown box, click "Update" (why
isn't this billing account already picked, if it was just created?)

-Go to Return Items and then to Payment

-Change status from blank, to Received and click "Update" (why is the
payment status blank?)

-Go to Accounting, Billing accounts and change Billing account currency from
blank to USD, click "Save" (why is currency blank?)

-Now create a new order for this customer and when you get to the payment
step the credit will show.

That's it... for now I am happy I can "train" the users on some path to a
return, I just want to know if I have things misconfigured and am making
this harder than it needs to be....

Thanks
Mark

Mark Mantarro wrote:

>Shoot, forgot to answer the second part of ur question.
>
>The billing account is created, the customer refund shows up in payments
>however with a blank status... hmmmmm
>
>Again... are my steps below correct?  Am I missing a few?
>
>Mark

Mark,

Most of these are correct.  What you pointed out with Payment status
being blank and currency being blank are bugs.  Can you create JIRA
issues for them?

Even better, can you create some patches for them?  :) Follow the
processCreditReturn service in
order/src/org/ofbiz/order/order/OrderReturnServices.java and see if you
can find it creating Payment and creating the BillingAccount.  You
should use the ReturnHeader's currencyUomId for the BillingAccount.  For
the Payment status, you should use setPaymentStatus service to set
it--that will cause it to be compatible with the Financials
applications' ledger postings.

This looks great.

Si

Mark Mantarro wrote:

>Hey,
>I finally successfully went thru the workflow of a store credit return with
>the demo data and took screenshots (not included here).
>
>My problem is I don't know if this is the proper intended workflow or if
>there are some problems to fix.  Now that I've deciphered a path there seems
>to be a lot of unnecessary steps (or I just don't know they are
>unnecessary).  If it's better to add this to JIRA I will, but I really think
>this is just a user training issue....
>
>Steps to initiate return of completed order for store credit (e.g. give a
>discount for damage) for a customer with ** no pre-existing billing
>account**:
>
>-Open Order containing item, click "Create Return"
>
>-Set discount and reason, check box and "Return Selected Items"
>
>-Change Return Status to Accepted, click "Update"
>
>-Change Return Status to Received, click "Update" (this creates a billing
>account for party)
>
>-Choose newly created Billing Acct from dropdown box, click "Update" (why
>isn't this billing account already picked, if it was just created?)
>
>-Go to Return Items and then to Payment
>
>-Change status from blank, to Received and click "Update" (why is the
>payment status blank?)
>
>-Go to Accounting, Billing accounts and change Billing account currency from
>blank to USD, click "Save" (why is currency blank?)
>
>-Now create a new order for this customer and when you get to the payment
>step the credit will show.
>

>That's it... for now I am happy I can "train" the users on some path to a
>return, I just want to know if I have things misconfigured and am making
>this harder than it needs to be....
>
>Thanks
>Mark

One more thing--we're almost done with the returns refactoring.  You
should get the latest SVN version and try it again.  We fixed some very
fundamental problems with it.

Si