Users - Cache vs non-cache versions of findBy and getRelated

Users - Cache vs non-cache versions of findBy and getRelated

Vinay Agarwal

Hello,

Should the cache version of findBy (findByCache) and getRelated (getRelatedCache) be used in most places for optimum performance? From my observations of the code, non-cache versions seem to be used more often. What am I missing?

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - Cache vs non-cache versions of findBy and getRelated

David E. Jones

As with any caching tool the cache methods should only be used for high volume functionality where it is likely that the same data will be _viewed_ many times. For the back end apps it is almost never used because the latest data is desired and it is not so likely that the same records will be needed over and over. In routines that update a record that cache methods can not be used, not just should not but actually can not because the Entity Engine makes these read only.

-David