Users - Catalog,Categories, Products

Nguyen Minh Triet
Hi,

I am trying to reproduce the structure of the DEMO CATALOG where there
is a CATALOG and a hierarchy of categories. For example:

-->Main Catalog
    -->Category 1
            -->Category 1.a
                    -->Product 1
                    -->Product 2
                    -->Product 3
                    -->Product 4
                    -->Product ...
            -->Category 1.b
                    -->Product a
                    -->Product b
                    -->Product c
                    -->Product d
                    -->Product ...
    -->Category 2
            -->Category 2.a
            -->Category 2.b

 I haven't figured out the actions to take in the CATALOG application to
be able to accomplish this.

Thanks,
Minh

Re: Users - Catalog,Categories, Products

Vinay Agarwal
I found the easiest way to create store/catalogs/categories is to use
demo/ext data. This way you have example in front of you and errors can be
corrected easily without having to go repeat a lot of work. Here's what I
did-

1. Copied ecommerce/data/demoproduct.xml into my own application and added
reference to this file in the ofbiz-component.xml of my application.
2. Edited this file as needed. Checked for xml validity through the editor.
3. Loaded this file using webtools. Resolved errors by editing my demo data
file. Note that no error here doesn't mean that demo data is error-free
since data from previous loads exists in database.
4. Loaded ofbiz data in a new instance of database. Resolved errors.

Works very well for me. This way all the power of editor is with you and you
don't have to redo the same actions if something goes wrong.

Vinay Agarwal