Users - Customizinh Party application

Carlos Barros-2
hi list!

How can I customize the fields of the Party applications??
For example, I want to create/modify some custom fields for
the person entity.. I have tried to find that but no results..
Other thing I want to know is if there's some way of creating new
TYPES of party such as Employee, Customers (yeah, these already
exists, it is just to illustrate the question :)

any hints?

regards

Carlos Barros

Re: Users - Customizinh Party application

David E. Jones

Sounds like you could use some documentation...

http://www.ofbiz.org/documents.html

-David

Carlos Barros wrote:

> hi list!
>
> How can I customize the fields of the Party applications??
> For example, I want to create/modify some custom fields for
> the person entity.. I have tried to find that but no results..
> Other thing I want to know is if there's some way of creating new
> TYPES of party such as Employee, Customers (yeah, these already
> exists, it is just to illustrate the question :)
>
> any hints?
>
> regards
>
> Carlos Barros

Re: Users - Customizinh Party application

Andrew Sykes
Carlos,

New types can be added to the PartyType entity.

Modifying Party would give you an extra task when upgrading. Make sure
you REALLY have to do this. There's a lot of entities related to Party,
so read through them first! For example have you looked at
PartyAttribute?

If all that fails, you can find the definition in...
applications/party/entitydef/entitymodel.xml

I hope that helps a bit.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - Customizinh Party application

I suggest you start a new application and put your modes in there.
this way you have less maintenance when you update from the SVN.
More work upfront, less work ongoing.

Carlos Barros sent the following on 5/26/2006 11:21 AM:

> hi list!
>
> How can I customize the fields of the Party applications??
> For example, I want to create/modify some custom fields for
> the person entity.. I have tried to find that but no results..
> Other thing I want to know is if there's some way of creating new
> TYPES of party such as Employee, Customers (yeah, these already
> exists, it is just to illustrate the question :)
>
> any hints?
>
> regards
>
> Carlos Barros

Re: Users - Customizinh Party application

Carlos Barros-2
On Sat, 27 May 2006 15:03:40 -0700
BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I suggest you start a new application and put your modes in there.
> this way you have less maintenance when you update from the SVN.
> More work upfront, less work ongoing.
Yes, this is what I'll do!
Now I just havo to understand you to use some the datamodel and some
services provided by the Party application to save some time and work.
The opentravelsystem do this, i'll take a deep look at this..

regards