Users - Difference between the PartyClassificationGroup and SegmentGroup

Users - Difference between the PartyClassificationGroup and SegmentGroup

Alexandre Gomes-8
Hi all,

   I'm trying to reuse some of the marketing data model and services.
Does anyone know the difference between a PartyClassificationGroup and a
SegmentGroup?

  Thanks,
Alexandre Gomes

Re: Users - Difference between the PartyClassificationGroup and SegmentGroup

David E. Jones

PartyClassificiationGroup is used with the PartyClassification entity
to represent a classification group that a party can be part of.
There are various types of classification groups, like: Minority,
Income, Size, etc (as in the PartyClassificationType entity). So,
different PartyClassificationGroup records for the Income type could
be something like $0-50k, $51k-100k, etc. Actually a more general
classification type like Income should be split into multiple
categories like personal income and company income.

The SegmentGroup is a different concept that represents a combination
of various factors, including zero to many PartyClassificationGroup
entries, but also other things like Geo or even explicitly putting a
Party in the group. This can be used for marketing segments, sales
segments (territories that are more than just by geography), and so on.

-David