Users - Ecommerce : removing payment from quickcheckout form ?

Users - Ecommerce : removing payment from quickcheckout form ?

oceatoon
Hi

My objective is to remove the payment module from the quickcheckout form , my client wants this in a separate screen right after choosing gift packaging or not .

in practise , as I remove from the ftl , the payment method selection block from the form
the /setOption, keeps returning "please choose a payment method" , I looked through the java  Service implementation behind the /setOption but can't figure out how to remove it.

it works with updateCheckoutOptions, what differences might there be ?

is calcTax and calcShipping essential for the processorder to go through without problems or is it included in the processorder ?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
regards
Tibor