Users - Problem with Starting and stoping ofbiz

Users - Problem with Starting and stoping ofbiz

G.Venkata Phanindra
Hi.
     I am trying to deploy ofbiz on following system configuration
         Debian , 128 M,
     I want to remove some of the components so that it will use less memory
     when i  tried to start ofbiz by commenting the  components of applications
     its throwing me null pointer exception can you please help me out to solve this.
     The List i want to remove/Keep unloaded is
      Manufacturing .
      HummandRess
      Securityext
     Work effort
Thanks and Regards
G.Venkata Phanindra

Re: Users - Problem with Starting and stoping ofbiz

David E. Jones

I wouldn't recommend running OFBiz with so little memory. Chances are by removing components you are breaking dependencies. The ones you listed depend on various lower level components.

Also, removing components will not save much memory. The bulk of the initial memory is taken by libraries and such, including the base Java libraries and lots of them that come with OFBiz. Some applications components do have libraries, but these are mostly the lower level ones that others depend on.

It would be a lot of work to slim it down and even then unless you are running a very small load on it the user data would overrun your memory in no time...

-David

G.Venkata Phanindra wrote:

> Hi.
>      I am trying to deploy ofbiz on following system configuration
>          Debian , 128 M,
>      I want to remove some of the components so that it will use less
> memory
>      when i  tried to start ofbiz by commenting the  components of
> applications
>      its throwing me null pointer exception can you please help me out
> to solve this.
>      The List i want to remove/Keep unloaded is
>       Manufacturing .
>       HummandRess
>       Securityext
>      Work effort
> Thanks and Regards
> G.Venkata Phanindra

Re: Users - Problem with Starting and stoping ofbiz

Basic memory is controlled in the startofbiz.sh. By default it is set to
128mb. it is not recommended to go lower than this.

I may be corrected, but Securityext can not be unloaded. Depending on
what you are doing, the others may not be either. There is some cross
dependencies.

G.Venkata Phanindra sent the following on 3/29/06 8:07 AM: