Users - Error on 'quick recieve Purchase Order' ...

Users - Error on 'quick recieve Purchase Order' ...

Ian Gilbert-2
Hi guys,

I've set up a new supplier, have added the supplier into the supplier list
and have made a purchase order which seemed to go through ok.  I've
approved it and then went to quick recieve purchase order'.  I got the
error message in the attached image.

This is a result of testing Saturdays svn with the financials module.  I
will probably revert to looking at OpenTaps this week but I wanted to see
how much extra stuff has been put in since then.

Best wishes

Ian

errors_on_checkout.png (18K) Download Attachment

Re: Users - Error on 'quick recieve Purchase Order' ...

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Ian,

you have to set an owner party id for the facility (you can do this in
the Edit facility screen) and then you have to create an entry for that
party in the PartyAcctgPreference entity (you have to use webtools for
this): the only field you have to fill there is the baseCurrencyUomId.

Hope this helps,

Jacopo

Ian Gilbert wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've set up a new supplier, have added the supplier into the supplier list
> and have made a purchase order which seemed to go through ok.  I've
> approved it and then went to quick recieve purchase order'.  I got the
> error message in the attached image.
>
> This is a result of testing Saturdays svn with the financials module.  I
> will probably revert to looking at OpenTaps this week but I wanted to see
> how much extra stuff has been put in since then.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Ian

Re: Users - Error on 'quick recieve Purchase Order' ...

Ian Gilbert-2
Hi Jacopo,

Thanks for this but I'm not sure how to set the owner party ID.  I don't seem to have the option
to do this.  I have attached screenshots of these two and I think that I have done the second
correctly but am not sure about editing the facility.  Do you know if there is a process for
creating a supplier from a new company?  I have set up the company by entering it in 'Create new
Party group' and then assigning it the role of 'Supplier'.  I am currently looking at the 0.8.3
Sequoia build.

Thanks for your help on this.

Very best wishes

Ian

On Tue, March 28, 2006 16:55, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>

> you have to set an owner party id for the facility (you can do this in the Edit facility screen)
> and then you have to create an entry for that party in the PartyAcctgPreference entity (you have
> to use webtools for this): the only field you have to fill there is the baseCurrencyUomId.
>

> Hope this helps,
>

> Jacopo
>

> Ian Gilbert wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>

>> I've set up a new supplier, have added the supplier into the supplier list
>> and have made a purchase order which seemed to go through ok.  I've approved it and then went to
>> quick recieve purchase order'.  I got the error message in the attached image.
>>
>> This is a result of testing Saturdays svn with the financials module.  I
>> will probably revert to looking at OpenTaps this week but I wanted to see how much extra stuff
>> has been put in since then.
>>
>> Best wishes
>>

>> Ian

Ian Gilbert
www.ethicalshopper.net
Fair trade: the alternative choice for your everyday shopping
0845 456 2429

WHAT DO YOU DRINK AT WORK?
We can supply your organisation with high quality fair trade tea and
coffee.  Discounts are available for regular orders.  Contact us for more
details.

edit_facility.png (17K) Download Attachment
EditPartyAcctgPreference.png (29K) Download Attachment

Re: Users - Error on 'quick recieve Purchase Order' ...

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Ian,

from the edit_facility.png I can see that you have correctly set up the
owner of the facility to "Company".
For the PartyAcctgPreference: you have to create the record for the
partyId = "Company", not for the partyId = 10020 (that I assume is the
supplier).
"Company" is your own company, i.e. the company that is running OFBiz.
The steps you did to create a supplier are correct.

Jacopo

Ian Gilbert wrote:

> Hi Jacopo,
>
> Thanks for this but I'm not sure how to set the owner party ID.  I don't seem to have the option
> to do this.  I have attached screenshots of these two and I think that I have done the second
> correctly but am not sure about editing the facility.  Do you know if there is a process for
> creating a supplier from a new company?  I have set up the company by entering it in 'Create new
> Party group' and then assigning it the role of 'Supplier'.  I am currently looking at the 0.8.3
> Sequoia build.
>
> Thanks for your help on this.
>
> Very best wishes
>
> Ian
>
> On Tue, March 28, 2006 16:55, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> Hi Ian,
>>

>> you have to set an owner party id for the facility (you can do this in the Edit facility screen)
>> and then you have to create an entry for that party in the PartyAcctgPreference entity (you have
>> to use webtools for this): the only field you have to fill there is the baseCurrencyUomId.
>>

>> Hope this helps,
>>

>> Jacopo
>>

>> Ian Gilbert wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>

>>> I've set up a new supplier, have added the supplier into the supplier list
>>> and have made a purchase order which seemed to go through ok.  I've approved it and then went to
>>> quick recieve purchase order'.  I got the error message in the attached image.
>>>
>>> This is a result of testing Saturdays svn with the financials module.  I
>>> will probably revert to looking at OpenTaps this week but I wanted to see how much extra stuff
>>> has been put in since then.
>>>
>>> Best wishes
>>>

>>> Ian

Users - Drop Shipping ...

Ian Gilbert-2
Thanks for that Jacopo,

I am doing a fair bit of testing today and this is useful.  Does anyone have any advice on using
'Drop Shippers'?  At the moment the sales order is raised by the customer when they place the
order on the website (or whatever channel they go thru) and then a purchase order is manually
raised and processed.  In fact this is, of course, a mirror of the sales order and I was wondering
if there exist in the current build (for me this is OpenTaps 0.8.3 or later) of autogenerating the
po from the sales order?

Will speak to you soon

Ian

On Thu, March 30, 2006 13:51, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>

> from the edit_facility.png I can see that you have correctly set up the owner of the facility to
> "Company".
> For the PartyAcctgPreference: you have to create the record for the
> partyId = "Company", not for the partyId = 10020 (that I assume is the supplier). "Company" is your
> own company, i.e. the company that is running OFBiz. The steps you did to create a supplier are
> correct.
>
> Jacopo
>

> Ian Gilbert wrote:
>
>> Hi Jacopo,
>>

>> Thanks for this but I'm not sure how to set the owner party ID.  I don't seem to have the
>> option to do this.  I have attached screenshots of these two and I think that I have done the
>> second correctly but am not sure about editing the facility.  Do you know if there is a process
>> for creating a supplier from a new company?  I have set up the company by entering it in 'Create
>> new Party group' and then assigning it the role of 'Supplier'.  I am currently looking at the
>> 0.8.3
>> Sequoia build.
>>

>> Thanks for your help on this.
>>

>> Very best wishes
>>

>> Ian
>>

>> On Tue, March 28, 2006 16:55, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ian,
>>>

>>> you have to set an owner party id for the facility (you can do this in the Edit facility
>>> screen) and then you have to create an entry for that party in the PartyAcctgPreference entity
>>> (you have
>>> to use webtools for this): the only field you have to fill there is the baseCurrencyUomId.
>>>

>>> Hope this helps,
>>>

>>> Jacopo

Ian Gilbert
www.ethicalshopper.net
Fair trade: the alternative choice for your everyday shopping
0845 456 2429

WHAT DO YOU DRINK AT WORK?
We can supply your organisation with high quality fair trade tea and
coffee.  Discounts are available for regular orders.  Contact us for more
details.

Re: Users - Drop Shipping ...

davidnwelton
On 3/31/06, Ian Gilbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for that Jacopo,

> I am doing a fair bit of testing today and this is useful.  Does anyone have any advice on using
> 'Drop Shippers'?  At the moment the sales order is raised by the customer when they place the
> order on the website (or whatever channel they go thru) and then a purchase order is manually
> raised and processed.  In fact this is, of course, a mirror of the sales order and I was wondering
> if there exist in the current build (for me this is OpenTaps 0.8.3 or later) of autogenerating the
> po from the sales order?

Not really.  You can help the process along my auto-generating
requirements for backordered products, but you still have to go
through the (slow) PO process:

http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/dev/2006-March/010292.html

There is definitely a lot of room for some smarts in this process, for
example, if you have a requirement for some products, and a list of
suppliers, their costs, and lead times, it ought to be possible for
the computer to help you select the supplier that best meets your
needs.  It also struck me that there are an awful lot of clicks that
happen before a PO is created and dispatched, even when you basically
know what you want to buy and from who.  It's something I'd like to
dig into myself if I get the opportunity to do so at work.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Users - Drop Shipping ...

BJ Freeman
Mine is more complicated, but mostly automatic. There is a evaluation
status for Backorder.

for clients that have local and Dropship inventory, there is another
layer that evaluates if a picklist is generate or a PO is sent.

I keep one or more facilities that are Role type Dropshipper, for each
Dropshipper. This is mostly since the Dropshipper supplies this
information in the inventory update files.  From the dropshipper role
type, all the code i have done is activated.  I have not integrated it
into ofbiz, as such, but use a Dropshipper module, so update to ofbiz
does not change my code, ad hoc.

when an order comes in if the role type is dropshipper, then it looks if
  it is a batch orders to the supplier or single. The next evaluation is
if the droppshiper uses EDI, email, web interface, or FTP, each of these
are subservices.

Next is what the format the pO is sent in.
when I have an opportunity I try to get them to use | separator with
CRLf and EOL.

The Facility indicates when, or if the inventory is updated.
if the inventory is updatable, then if the order from the customer put
the facility in backorder, a notice is sent to the customer, and it is
sent to the workeffort tasklist. once the PO is approved to be send as a
backorder then the rest of the process are automatic.

In my experience, few Droppshippers have Identical product, so I have
not worked real hard on which shipper to select.

if the Dropshipper has an order attribute of Batch, then a Service is
called to monitor when to batch them. Though I try to group these
functions, it seems they are pretty individual.

Some Shippers, even though they show inventory, will send back a BO on
an item. so the inventory has to be adjusted, and a notice sent to the
customer.

as you can tell this is not a small effort.  Note this is in testing
mode now, so is not releasable, till about June-July.

David Welton sent the following on 3/31/06 1:02 AM:

> On 3/31/06, Ian Gilbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Thanks for that Jacopo,
>

>>I am doing a fair bit of testing today and this is useful.  Does anyone have any advice on using
>>'Drop Shippers'?  At the moment the sales order is raised by the customer when they place the
>>order on the website (or whatever channel they go thru) and then a purchase order is manually
>>raised and processed.  In fact this is, of course, a mirror of the sales order and I was wondering
>>if there exist in the current build (for me this is OpenTaps 0.8.3 or later) of autogenerating the
>>po from the sales order?
>

> Not really.  You can help the process along my auto-generating
> requirements for backordered products, but you still have to go
> through the (slow) PO process:
>
> http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/dev/2006-March/010292.html
>
> There is definitely a lot of room for some smarts in this process, for
> example, if you have a requirement for some products, and a list of
> suppliers, their costs, and lead times, it ought to be possible for
> the computer to help you select the supplier that best meets your
> needs.  It also struck me that there are an awful lot of clicks that
> happen before a PO is created and dispatched, even when you basically
> know what you want to buy and from who.  It's something I'd like to
> dig into myself if I get the opportunity to do so at work.
>
> --
> David N. Welton
>  - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/
>
> Linux, Open Source Consulting
>  - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Users - Drop Shipping ...

davidnwelton
On 3/31/06, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Mine is more complicated, but mostly automatic. There is a evaluation
> status for Backorder.
>
> for clients that have local and Dropship inventory, there is another
> layer that evaluates if a picklist is generate or a PO is sent.

We don't have drop shippers, but the model is pretty similar - things
are routed back through us, through our warehouse, and then out to the
customer.  It's pretty high volume, so it needs to be mostly
automated, with the possibility to intervene manually to fix problems.

> as you can tell this is not a small effort.  Note this is in testing
> mode now, so is not releasable, till about June-July.

It sounds quite interesting - are you planning on contributing it
back?  I can't promise you anything (as it's not likely to happen
soon, here), but would you be interested in some collaboration on the
code?

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Users - Drop Shipping ...

BJ Freeman
So you are a dropshipper or fulfillment House?
I will be making it availble in the form I coded it.
however as has happen in the past, I can't guareentee it will be in sync
with the Version in the SVN.
currently I am back at 5227. with spattering of other mods.

David Welton sent the following on 3/31/06 6:46 AM: