Users - Facility New ID

Вадим K.
Hello all !

   I am new in OFbiz, trying to play myself around. Have noticed one thing - newly created items automatically get ID (number). In most cases it is ok. But when I create new facility for example, I want to give it a name. It says "the ID can not be changed without recreating facility", but when I create new one, it does not ask for the name.
I can see in the list of examples "MyRetailStore", etc. So I guess I can name it somehow. How??

BR,

--
/ ** Вадим К. **/

Re: Users - Facility New ID

David E. Jones

The UI could be changed to allow entry of the ID, but yeah lots of
things are like that where it auto generates one.

The text ones are from the demo data XML files, and that is one way
you can get it into the system (or through the Entity Data
Maintenance pages in the WebTools webapp).

-David

On Jan 26, 2006, at 2:36 AM, Вадим K. wrote:

> Hello all !
>
>    I am new in OFbiz, trying to play myself around. Have noticed
> one thing - newly created items automatically get ID (number). In
> most cases it is ok. But when I create new facility for example, I
> want to give it a name. It says "the ID can not be changed without
> recreating facility", but when I create new one, it does not ask
> for the name.
> I can see in the list of examples "MyRetailStore", etc. So I guess
> I can name it somehow. How??
>
> BR,
>
> --
> / ** Вадим К. **/

Re: Users - Facility New ID

Вадим K.
Thanks,

   webtools + Entity Maintenance helps!
   But I was really stupid to create Facility ID in my national characterset (i.e. russian). Now I am not able to modify or delete the Facility.

-- Vadim --

2006/1/26, David E. Jones <[hidden email]>:

The UI could be changed to allow entry of the ID, but yeah lots of
things are like that where it auto generates one.

The text ones are from the demo data XML files, and that is one way
you can get it into the system (or through the Entity Data
Maintenance pages in the WebTools webapp).

-David

On Jan 26, 2006, at 2:36 AM, Вадим K. wrote:

> Hello all !
>
>    I am new in OFbiz, trying to play myself around. Have noticed
> one thing - newly created items automatically get ID (number). In
> most cases it is ok. But when I create new facility for example, I
> want to give it a name. It says "the ID can not be changed without
> recreating facility", but when I create new one, it does not ask
> for the name.
> I can see in the list of examples "MyRetailStore", etc. So I guess
> I can name it somehow. How??
>
> BR,
>
> --
> / ** Вадим К. **/

/ ** Вадим К. **/

Re: Users - Facility New ID

Adrian Crum
It is best to use the generated facility ID because it is used to maintain the
relationships between tables. If you need need a more user-friendly ID, then
simply add an attribute to the facility. A user-friendly ID attribute can be
changed later without breaking the table relationships, a facility ID can not.