Users - Forum+Knowledge base instead of mailing list

Re: Users - Forum+Knowledge base instead of mailing list

Re: Users - Forum+Knowledge base instead of mailing list

Charles Johnson-4

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

>>Jacques Le Roux schrieb:
>>

>>>Just to close(?) this thread. May we have a search option on the new ASF ML
>>>lists ? I liked very much the Firefox searchplugin Firas A. proposed.
>>>

>>The official ASF Mail Archives have no search option (yet) but there are
>>alternatives like Nabble[1] (which already has the OFBiz lists), MARC[2]
>>and The Mail Archive[3].
>>
>>Christian
>>
>>[1] http://www.nabble.com/OFBiz-f2740.html
>>[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/
>>[3] http://www.mail-archive.com/
>>

>Thanks a lot Christian,
>
>With your information and the original searchplugin from Firas A. I made 3 new
>searchplugins respectively for All OFBiz ML List (User+Dev+Annonce), User ML and
>Dev ML. I used Nabble for that. I don't know how far is the history but it works
>anyway.
>
>To use it unzip files and put them in your Firefox's searchplugins dir. For me
>on Windows it's : C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins, on Linux
>(Ubuntu 5.1) /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/searchplugins
>
>Enjoy
>
>Jacques

Does any of these support regular expressions? I think that would be
desirable, perhaps even necessary. My discussions with Andrew Sykes
under the subject 'Searching the user acrchives' (useful typo) go into a
crude method of doing this against the gzipped archives.

http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/users/2006-May/011652.html

CJ

Re: Users - Forum+Knowledge base instead of mailing list

Andrew Sykes
Charles,

I agree, regex would be useful.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - Forum+Knowledge base instead of mailing list

> Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> >>The official ASF Mail Archives have no search option (yet) but there are
> >>alternatives like Nabble[1] (which already has the OFBiz lists), MARC[2]
> >>and The Mail Archive[3].
> >>
> >>Christian
> >>
> >>[1] http://www.nabble.com/OFBiz-f2740.html
> >>[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/
> >>[3] http://www.mail-archive.com/
> >>

> >Thanks a lot Christian,
> >
> >With your information and the original searchplugin from Firas A. I made 3
new
> >searchplugins respectively for All OFBiz ML List (User+Dev+Annonce), User ML
and
> >Dev ML. I used Nabble for that. I don't know how far is the history but it
works
> >anyway.
> >
> >To use it unzip files and put them in your Firefox's searchplugins dir. For
me

> >on Windows it's : C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins, on Linux
> >(Ubuntu 5.1) /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/searchplugins
> >
> >Enjoy
> >
> >Jacques
> >

> Does any of these support regular expressions? I think that would be
> desirable, perhaps even necessary. My discussions with Andrew Sykes
> under the subject 'Searching the user acrchives' (useful typo) go into a
> crude method of doing this against the gzipped archives.
>
> http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/users/2006-May/011652.html
>
> CJ

Charles,

Nable Advanced Search does not seem to support Regex, sorry
http://www.nabble.com/forum/AdvSearch.jtp?query=searchplugin&local=y&forum=2743

Given my scripts, if you have some time you may use AdvSearch.jtp to create

Re: Users - Forum+Knowledge base instead of mailing list

Vinay Agarwal
Jacques,
Your plugin works very well. Thanks.
Vinay

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

>>>Thanks a lot Christian,
>>>
>>>With your information and the original searchplugin from Firas A. I made 3
>>>

>new
>

>>>searchplugins respectively for All OFBiz ML List (User+Dev+Annonce), User ML
>>>

>and
>

>>>Dev ML. I used Nabble for that. I don't know how far is the history but it
>>>

>works
>

>>>anyway.
>>>
>>>To use it unzip files and put them in your Firefox's searchplugins dir. For
>>>

>me
>

>>>on Windows it's : C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins, on Linux
>>>(Ubuntu 5.1) /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/searchplugins
>>>
>>>Enjoy
>>>
>>>Jacques
>>>

>>Does any of these support regular expressions? I think that would be
>>desirable, perhaps even necessary. My discussions with Andrew Sykes
>>under the subject 'Searching the user acrchives' (useful typo) go into a
>>crude method of doing this against the gzipped archives.
>>
>>http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/users/2006-May/011652.html
>>
>>CJ
>>

>Charles,
>
>Nable Advanced Search does not seem to support Regex, sorry
>http://www.nabble.com/forum/AdvSearch.jtp?query=searchplugin&local=y&forum=2743
>
>Given my scripts, if you have some time you may use AdvSearch.jtp to create
>
>Jacques

AFAIK, Lucene doesn't support regex either, but this seems to, although
it *is* forum software:
http://www.mvnforum.com/mvnforumweb/index.jsp

I personally have no preference for mailing, indeed it seems a pretty redundant mechanism. For those not wishing to detach themselves from their mail client, the above supports RSS feeds

CJ

Users - User manual simple

I am having to build a one line user manual for my customers, for the
application I have integrated.
I have ponder, with all the solution presented how I could do mine that
could be integrated.

I have generated a Javascript menu from a commercial gui. I used a horz
split frame for the index.html.
I have put a folder in the website folder with all my html so they can
access via the http for the website.
seems to be working.
if anyone want the java script be glad to share it.

www.opencube.com is the gui maker for the script.

Re: Users - User manual simple

Hi BJ,

Interesting, will cetainly ask you one day...

Jacques